GIVE IT UP FOR RHETT LASHLEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this board singing the praises of the Lashlee hire. Finally an offense that will work! No more vanilla offenses! Hooray!

Yeah, fool my twice, shame on me. I wasnt falling for the CIS hype that time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The offense is worlds better than what we have had but it needs work. His play calling is very suspect. His situational calls are bad and it doesn’t seem he game plans at all. It needs refining for sure but it’s not as bad as we are making it out to be. It more on Lashlee game planning and setting the team up for success rather than winging it.

Ohh I agree it is a diminishing skill over time but you never forget to break down, attack the hips, wrap, and drive thru. It is like these players have never been taught to do that.

I'm sure they've been taught that, but maybe the dream starts slipping (the NFL) and you see someone start half asssing it. Then another, and another, etc. It's literally a domino effect. Why am I going to give it my all, bust my ***, and risk injury when those guys aren't.

It's the coaches job to keep them focused, driven, motivated, and hungry. There's certainly a disconnect going on.

Then you factor in our doing things that just don't work. A Manny defense is basically scramble ball, almost like backyard football. His defense is whack as ****.

It's like the perfect storm of what shouldn't be going on. They haven't forgot how to tackle, but rather than just making a tackle they likely have other things on their mind. **** DL has this OT or OG running downhill at me or ran themselves out of the play. They do it all the time, I've gotta make this stop. If I don't, there's nobody behind me (our safety came up on a blitz) or **** Gurvan is all that's there if I miss. These guys don't trust each other, have the confidence to make a play, and are thinking too much likely.

We need change here. Worst off season news we had and I knew it at the time, was Manny taking over the defense. That was his defense last year, not Blake's.

Advertisement
Play design has been horrendous. I preferred the offense Coley had with the single back stretch runs. Not because an offense goes fast or is a spread means it can score points.

giphy.gif

Great question. Seriously considering the talent level to performance ratio it would have to be near the bottom of FBS. Don't let anyone tell you we don't have talent on this team because we do. We may not have any draft eligible high draft picks but this team has talent.

In what universe does a guy like Will Mallory play like he is mentally checked out when it should be his money year? Sure I put a lot of that on the young man himself but my gut tells me that this staff has **** the bed when it comes to both developing and properly utilizing the talent at hand. Make no mistake had Mallory gone to ISU to play for Matt Campbell he wouldn't look like this now. This staff is beyond bad. This is pure amateur hour in Coral Gables from the Goofy Beta President to the nerdy fan boy we call the head coach.
I'm optimistic for the future. This year was a wash for me anyway, just don't think the pieces were in play to make that much noise. King and Lash version of RPO has to many holes. I'll argue Lash didn't use him correctly.
Last years class has some dudes, class before has a few too. They are the future. Considering I have never been a fan of Manny, this is bittersweet. As long as there isn't a mass transfer exodus, any coach that has any juice, should be able to secure enough commits and build off those 2 1/2 classes. I think if we can lure a good coach here it will be because of the talent we have. RB, WR, S, jury out on qb but potential there, etc. Have holes but cupboard isn't empty.

Advertisement
Asslee sucks because he's stupid. I mean he literally has to have a very low IQ.

Advertisement
I remember this board singing the praises of the Lashlee hire. Finally an offense that will work! No more vanilla offenses! Hooray!

Yeah, fool my twice, shame on me. I wasnt falling for the CIS hype that time.
Classic @TheEye

Good times.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back