GIVE IT UP FOR RHETT LASHLEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no useful route combos to get guys open for simple 5 yard outs for first down. TVD can make that throw easy.
That was ****ing me off throughout the game, especially first half. Young, inexperienced QB starting first road game, in an important game, in a hostile environment, and Lashlee did nothing to help make him comfortable and settle into a groove. No quick, easy passes, often no outlet receivers among the routes, and a lot of slow developing plays.

Advertisement
That was ****ing me off throughout the game, especially first half. Young, inexperienced QB starting first road game, in an important game, in a hostile environment, and Lashlee did nothing to help make him comfortable and settle into a groove. No quick, easy passes, often no outlet receivers among the routes, and a lot of slow developing plays.
We have a corching staff that doesn't game plan for their talent or their opponent. they just run their "stuff". this is why we get blown out every first half.

Word for word we've been saying this for 20 years. It's amazing how bad our coaching staphs have been.

He's running malzahns system. That's like saying Manny figured out Blake Baker.
B.S. He demoted him and Lashlee went to UConn and SMU. His success at SMU is the kid from Texas. They were better after Lashlee left, too.

Advertisement
B.S. He demoted him and Lashlee went to UConn and SMU. His success at SMU is the kid from Texas. They were better after Lashlee left, too.
And Manny told Blake Baker to kick rocks too even though he was running Manny's system.

Lashlee was awful in 2020 but that was still the honeymoon period and no one wanted to admit it.
I don't think 'awful' is fair, but I will say that a lot of this fan base has been clamouring for any sort of Spread offence in Coral Gables for so long that they were overlooking a lot of Lashlee's flaws.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Brady - a dude who's inherited an incredible playbook, but doesn't have a good feel for the game. At best he's learning on the job - only we haven't seen any improvement in his play calling yet.

Advertisement
Not arguing he is good, but TVD was atrocious in the first half. I mean the first drive he missed two of two open plays passing; the two early INTs were totally on him. The first one the route and play may have been terrible, but he couldn’t have been worse if he just handed the ball to a defender.

The one before half was also a bad, it can’t happen play, not unlike the end of the game.

Tough to overcome the combination of coaching and lack of execution right now.

look at his qb coach... oh wait that's ashlee

fact is the spread offense breeds soft pudding *** teams. Even bama has people hang 40 on them all the **** time now cuz they now run that ****, hate it hate the fck out of it

Baker looks great at LSU. Another clown.
The problem with Lash is that he reverted back to what he's always done and known. He played for Gus in high school, was GA under Gus at Ark, left coaching, got back into coaching as a GA under Gus at Auburn, followed Gus to Arkansas state then back to Auburn. The best thing for Lash was him going to smu under dykes to learn a new system, but old habits are hard to break.

If you have a bad OLine why do you call a HB dive from Shotgun on 1st down immediately after a big play?

There's lots of things you can do to mitigate a bad Oline. Lashlee does about three of them and even then only occasionally.
Fair points.

Advertisement
What an absolute disaster this guy is when under the microscope. That 4th down play earlier in the fourth to Harley was a bull****, one read and done call when our OL had been playing amazingly all game long. It was the one play he could've called that wouldn't work.

AND THEN THAT FINAL 3RD DOWN PLAY WILL LIVE IN INFAMY. WHY ARE WE RUNNING A PA PASS WITH 18 SECONDS LEFT AND NO TIME OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNC HAD BEEN SELLING OUT THE ENTIRE FINAL HALF OF THAT DRIVE WITH THE BLITZ AND WE DECIDE TO WASTE PRECIOUS SECONDS ON PLAY ACTION!!!!!!

AND 11 WAS THE ONLY RECEIVER IN THAT ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FIELD!!!!! GIVE TVD OPTIONS YOU ******* DIP****!!!!!!

I actually wanted to win that game and Lashlee the ******* mong ruined it completely. Fvck you Lashlee and go back to the sticks where you came from.
And somehow porsters here say tvd is average under 21 lashlee and worst hc ever

Advertisement
Lashlee has no feel for the game and when it matters most he goes with what he knows. Doesn’t matter what’s working and what isn’t. He shrunk. The moment was too big for him.

The problem with Lash is that he reverted back to what he's always done and known. He played for Gus in high school, was GA under Gus at Ark, left coaching, got back into coaching as a GA under Gus at Auburn, followed Gus to Arkansas state then back to Auburn. The best thing for Lash was him going to smu under dykes to learn a new system, but old habits are hard to break.
He does this a lot.

Each and almost every time the O starts moving is when he goes away from the RPO and his fav little inside run.
The QBs play better without the ROP and starts completing passing or testing the secondary.
The D opens up and you start to seeing 3-man fronts and five in the box or they start bringing pressure and there are more open WRs.
Guess what…then the run game ignites.

But as soon as something good starts happening Lashlee goes back to predictable slow Cam inside runs and RPO.

That last play was "running back pass in a blizzard" type bad. Absolutely no sense in calling a play action pass down the middle. You take the obvious fade to end zone here and still can take the field goal if needed. Bad coaching has cost us close games for the last 15-20 years.

Wasn't there already a plan in place to have Likens take over Lashlee's brilliant scheme after he inevitably took a head coaching job? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back