Gionni Paul Gone.

**** that's sucks I called that **** couple months ago. Had a filling he'd transfer. Wish him the best of luck

Advertisement
On that stateoftheu link, it said Armbrister too, in the comments.

Anything to that as well?

Advertisement
Hope this also means the staff feels comfortable with the ones still here, especially Blue.

Advertisement
-I don't consider this a big loss. Scale of 1-10, I'd call it a 6. Maybe he would have improved further, but we even heard after last year rumors of him potentially wanting to leave. Either you're all in, or you're not. It's that simple.

- For depth purposes, he was okay. However, if we replace him with a more talented player, then our long-term prospects are better. I viewed him as a limited ceiling player. Truth be told, my first reaction wasn't one of being that upset. Yes. You need depth, but this isn't the pro game where you have a salary cap and will have bona fide starters backed up by less talented players.

In college, you should have legit starters being backed up by future legit starters. It kills me to read this whole serviceable bull****. Great teams have great, younger, backups waiting their turn and starring on special teams while they wait. Look at the Miami teams of the historic past or even from the 2000 run, or look at Bama now. The cream stays and the bull**** transfer or don't get their schollie renewed. It's cold, but I prefer that.

- Finally, I wish the kid well if he wasn't involved with the theft. If he was, then eff him. **** off. Not a true Cane and didn't even graduate from here. We don't need that bull**** here. The mutual decision not to renew his schollie is very telling.

- Tim Reynolds is a douche for his commentary, the whole "I know something and you don't".

What going on with situation.

34.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
GiOnni Paul stated that him leaving was mutual and there's been some speculation he may have had a hand in the laptop theft along with finnie.

Advertisement
Biggest thing that hurt GP was he's literally like 5'9". I know his profile says 6 ft but mmmmm no. It's hard to cover a 6'5"-6'6" TE giving up 8-9 inches. Kid plays with a lot of heart & loves to hit.

It's probably good overall for the team, but it still sucks to see a guy leave. He may not have the raw talent that some of the guys we're targeting this year, but don't forget that this is a guy that survived the U Tough program. I've never heard any negative **** about him off the field and I feel for him in this decision. I hope you all join in wishing him the best for the future.

Advertisement
Anyone else recall when Paul signed out of HS that some touted him as the possible second coming of Ray Lewis?

Advertisement
Back