Gionni Paul Gone.

Gionni Paul is no longer a Hurricane.

The linebacker's scholarship will not be renewed by Miami after he played in 10 games last season, making seven starts at outside linebacker. UM has confirmed he is no longer on the team, and Paul put out a Facebook post reading "Not playing for the univ of miami next year.. I thank all of miami fans for there support and wish the hurricanes the best.."

He finished third on team with 61 total tackles, including 40 solo stops. He added 3.5 tackles-for-loss, two pass break-ups and one forced fumble. He also was a two-time ACC Linebacker of the Week.

In 2011 as a true freshman he saw action in seven games and had four tackles.

A three-star prospect out of Lakeland, Fla. he was rated as the 33rd-best outside linebacker on Rivals.com. He had 155 tackles, two interceptions and four forced fumbles as senior.

Paul originally committed to Arizona State before switching to UM.

Advertisement
Does not add up and mutual decisions are rarely made in this instance.
I sincerely wish him well.

Ehhh, not a huge blow but he was a nice depth piece. Can come in and not kill you out there. Oh well, this frees up another scholly.

Does not add up and mutual decisions are rarely made in this instance.
I sincerely wish him well.

Advertisement
gionni was good. not great... but he was the third best LB on the team and he would've been a starter at the beginning of the year. maybe it won't matter in the end but this defense can't afford to lose good players. if this was cornelius or gaines or kacy i might agree that it's nbd.

also consider the injury situation with the LBs last year... denzel, kirby and EJ all got injured. if something like that happens next year and you're looking at, you know, armbrister, gaines and cornelius all in the game at the same time or whatever, we'll probably be wishing for gionni paul.

-1 not really, da bio Blue is beast mode next to this brah

will never forgive him for that game winning TD he gave up I think it was against Virginia or someone correct me? To a TE?

60 tackles and 2 time acc lb of the week. The kid sucks?

Exactly he is was a contributor. Point blank this team is devoid of those, so why on Earth would we be excited about bringing in another recruit who has to learn the system. This would've been his 2nd yr in U tough and 3yr in the system.

I mean its not a huge loss but Paul was a very very raw prospect that showed good promise and played with a passion. Another UTOUGH and year of getting wiser who knows how good the guy could have been. This makes pulling Kirby out of GA last year monstrous, as well as the signing of jawand blue. Golden is good.

Advertisement
He was on his way to becoming a pretty good linebacker.

Too bad it didn't work out here for he and the school.

pretty sure big Al wished all his recruits were like Paul. Don't think he meant quitter

I liked the kid , he showed flashes & played a good role. Not going to down the guy. Wish him the best of luck

Honestly, he provided a lot of lulz while on the field, but then he would make a ton of tackles. He was good for depth and a very serviceable backup.

Advertisement
I remember a couple games where he had like 16 tackles one week and 11 the next. Our dline was getting handled and it was usually for a gain but he was always around the ball. Paul was very bad in coverage last season as well.

He had cement shoes. Him being unable to move his feet on a bunch of those long runs by Golson was scary. Looked like a pylon on a few of those runs. Decent player, but we're not going to be a great team if we have to play guys like that with such limited athleticism and ability to move laterally.

No idea what happened, but weren't there rumors that he was in trouble?

Advertisement
Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds
Gionni Paul, Miami breakup was a mutual decision. Commence with your incorrect conspiracy theories.

I hate that sorry *** "I know something that you don't, and it makes me superior to you" nonsense. Either say what you know, or shut the fugg up.

Didn't seem to be a problem for Kirby Freeman

So what's he going to do about that U tattoo he has???

n10604362_36028961_6769.jpg

Advertisement
Back