Gerald Willis wins Outland Trophy player of the month

It’s because our best current players aren’t as good as in the past. And As the one guy said in this or the other thread, Willis had a profile that told you he wouldn’t be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Fifth year seniors who have one good year with off the field issues aren’t looked at as good value picks during the first two days. Also, the All-22 tape wasn’t as pretty as the stats would lead you to believe.

Joe actually is thought of well by teams, he just got stuck in a draft that’s loaded at DE & unfortunately he is a jack of all trades and a Master on None.

Jaquan didn’t meet certain athletic testing thresholds to be drafted anywhere in the top 3 rounds. M Jax is the only one I’d say I’m a little surprised by, but he’s very scheme specific and only about 11 teams run the scheme he’s suited for.
Redwine is the one everyone is sleeping on. He improved every year he was at Miami. His best football is ahead of him.

Advertisement
"Willis had one phenomenal year but we sucked so that's why he'll be a 4th round pick."
My post didn't age well. I didn't think he'd of all guys would go undrafted. It is what it is though. I'm glad he received his opportunity with the Ravens. They've been a great organization for a long time.

Advertisement
Back