Gerald Willis wins Outland Trophy player of the month

Our d-line is really not that far off Clemson in terms of draftable talent. Willis, Joe Jack, & Garvin all could be first rounders. 2nd rounders at worse. I really hope we win our side because I think we will be giving them a much much better game then last year.

Advertisement
Crazy he hasnt played what feels like years and he's gonna **** around and get drafted in the 1st

Advertisement
He is a f'ing treat to watch. He just throws people out of the way. He's going to be spending more time with the Frency than Taggart tomorrow.

Advertisement
Willis might have been a bigger factor in Norton & Mac leaving early than people think. They knew. He was unblockable on the scout team last year.

Scouts have already said he’s playing into the first round. Recognition couldn’t come to a better person.

5th year dudes like him playing like a man are why Bama has been so dominant.

Hopefully our d-lineman figure this out w/Norton/McIntosh as the cautionary tail.
Most guys don't stick around for year 5, but this is an example of why they should.

Advertisement
Depends on the player.

Miami has had lots leave early that should have left early. Like half the team between 2000 - 2002.

Willis may have been as dominant last year - we don't know because he didn't play.

Either way, as long as he stays healthy, he'll probably be getting a 1st round paycheck soon enough.

Most guys don't stick around for year 5, but this is an example of why they should.

Advertisement
Was that a thing before this month? I'm totally cool with them making up a monthly award because they couldn't wait until the end of the season to give Willis the outland, but I've never heard of this award before.

Saw on twitter recently that a draft analyst from The Draft Network had him rated as the 11th best player on his big board. I was stunned that he had him ranked above Wilkins from Clemson. I hope Willis continues to dominates. His story is a special one.

@SleepOnIt is gonna take a major L for continuing to say this guy is not a top 3 round pick as recently as last week...

Dude is a first round pick barring injury.

@SleepOnIt is gonna take a major L for continuing to say this guy is not a top 3 round pick as recently as last week...

Dude is a first round pick barring injury.
Barring injury and *the interviews at the combine*. Those in combination with his play on the field he'll be a top 32 pick.

Advertisement
Back