Gerald Willis wins Outland Trophy player of the month

Advertisement
People shouldn’t get defensive. Just take the L and move on.

I just like the frauds of the board being exposed for not knowing what they’re talking about and acting like tough guys. It just lets us know who we should really be listening to for actual info. I mean the Willis thread was pretty embarrassing for a lot of people outside of a few.

You’re one of those skinny-arm poor little bltches that gets off on “gotcha” posts when somebody has the actual male gonads to take a position.

I qualified my post with the combine caveat, but I’m also not a vaginally bleeding little cūnt like you that got bullied in high school and thinks he’s going to get even with his male abusers by bumping posts.

Unlike a little assraped coward like you, I admit when I’m wrong, and I thought he’d get drafted higher.

If that makes your micro-***** hard for me to be wrong...have at it little fakkit.

You’re one of those skinny-arm poor little bltches that gets off on “gotcha” posts when somebody has the actual male gonads to take a position.

I qualified my post with the combine caveat, but I’m also not a vaginally bleeding little cūnt like you that got bullied in high school and thinks he’s going to get even with his male abusers by bumping posts.

Unlike a little assraped coward like you, I admit when I’m wrong, and I thought he’d get drafted higher.

If that makes your micro-***** hard for me to be wrong...have at it little fakkit.

And there it, the fake tough guy resorted to the lowest common denominator because you realized how out of your depth you are. Best of luck to you.

And there it, the fake tough guy resorted to the lowest common denominator because you realized how out of your depth you are. Best of luck to you.

No me how I am out of my depth bltch. You aleady had one of your little bumps locked, how long before this one is.

You know why it’s locked? Because the moderator decides that you’re the cūnt, not me

Advertisement
Our d-line is really not that far off Clemson in terms of draftable talent. Willis, Joe Jack, & Garvin all could be first rounders. 2nd rounders at worse. I really hope we win our side because I think we will be giving them a much much better game then last year.
:rolleyes:

Our d-line is really not that far off Clemson in terms of draftable talent. Willis, Joe Jack, & Garvin all could be first rounders. 2nd rounders at worse. I really hope we win our side because I think we will be giving them a much much better game then last year.
😂😂😂 homer ****. I keep telling y'all
go watch other teams play.

Perception is everything. Winning is everything.

Listen, it’s time to start facing reality; our guys are not standing out like a sore thumb to these scouts. We’re putting up great team stats on def, but Joe Jack didn’t just put up 10+ sacks on a 7-6 team.

Redwine didn’t just put up 6-9 ints, on a 7-6 team.

Gerald Willis may have been our best choice for a top 2 round pick, but between the guy sitting out one season, not participating in the bowl game, Sr Bowl or Combine, that was going to draw red flags.

JJ being at his size, plus running that slow of 40 and playing on a 7-6 team was not going to help him any.

Homer w his fumble issues, lack of vision, and playing on a 7-6 team where he was bottled up by a poor Wisconsin defense wasn’t going to help his stock.

We gotta stop being homers and face reality; we haven’t developed a dominant player in a min and us sucking on the field is hurting draft stocks. Teams like drafting players from winning programs, and if they are not from a winning program, well then their measurable, production, and/or tape better be off the charts.

This is one of those threads you bump that actually tells us which posters are actually plugged in & know what they’re talking about vs. those who, well, don’t.
I wouldn't claim to know or understand much about the draft. I'm no expert and watch very little football outside of UM. Still, I'm puzzled why some of our best-performing players on a highly-ranked defense are not going higher in the draft. I remember when a lot of our players went very high. I can't discern a real big difference between our best, say in the early 2000's, and our best now. I guess our best players now are not really comparable. Could be the scouts and GMs see through it.

Advertisement

F-ing DEAD

Hindsight is usually 20/20.... so what's unusual here?

So what!?

Most fans feel that their players are doing better than others......mostly because fans being fans mostly watch their team's games

Did fans here overrate GW draft position? Sure

Is GW a very good player? Without a doubt

Are there other players out there who NFL teams felt better met their needs? Evidently

Who is correct? TBD... REMAINS TO BE SEEN.

It's not the first time the NFL passed on a player to later find out they made a mistake.in their evaluation.

IMO GW will have a solid NFL career no matter where he is taken

This story is far from over......check back in a couple of years

Last edited:
I wouldn't claim to know or understand much about the draft. I'm no expert and watch very little football outside of UM. Still, I'm puzzled why some of our best-performing players on a highly-ranked defense are not going higher in the draft. I remember when a lot of our players went very high. I can't discern a real big difference between our best, say in the early 2000's, and our best now. I guess our best players now are not really comparable. Could be the scouts and GMs see through it.

It’s because our best current players aren’t as good as in the past. And As the one guy said in this or the other thread, Willis had a profile that told you he wouldn’t be drafted in the top 3 rounds. Fifth year seniors who have one good year with off the field issues aren’t looked at as good value picks during the first two days. Also, the All-22 tape wasn’t as pretty as the stats would lead you to believe.

Joe actually is thought of well by teams, he just got stuck in a draft that’s loaded at DE & unfortunately he is a jack of all trades and a Master on None.

Jaquan didn’t meet certain athletic testing thresholds to be drafted anywhere in the top 3 rounds. M Jax is the only one I’d say I’m a little surprised by, but he’s very scheme specific and only about 11 teams run the scheme he’s suited for.

Advertisement
Gerald Willis may have been our best choice for a top 2 round pick, but between the guy sitting out one season, not participating in the bowl game, Sr Bowl or Combine, that was going to draw red flags.
I agree.
The whole sitting out a year to work on personal things mystery is probably the biggest of the factors you mention to make teams hesitate.
But this may work in his favor as he will probably have more of a chip on his shoulder and will work harder to prove his worth for whoever drafts him.

Advertisement
Hoping my Vikings pickup Willis in the 4th round. Perfect fit for him and a steal for my Vikes. 🙏

Most fans of a team occasionally think their players are better than the so called experts rank them. Objectivity is not a characteristic of hard core fans. These same fans think their team is better than the so called experts rank them. The reality is that recently we have had very few elite players. The reality is that our team continues to be mediocre.

The eventual draft position of Willis and other Canes this year should not shock anyone. As shown in other posts, the high draft choices are usually 4 and 5 star recruits from high school. Of course there are exceptions. We have had difficulty signing highly ranked high school recruits. That is the reason we had to revert to the portal. If our recruiting results do not greatly improve, it will be very difficult for us to escape the torture of mediocrity.

Advertisement
Back