Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Advertisement
That we finally beat them handily like we should?
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Advertisement
I love it when some don’t like a prospect due to size, and people bring up the rare exceptions of stud players who are that size like that’s the norm and not the exception. Always a productive and logical conversation when that takes place.

From this point forward, every time anyone states that they don’t like a player, I will just bring up an NFL player that had the same height and weight and say, “I bet you wouldn’t have liked him either!”
We swapping duds for duds. Hopefully at least duds that want to be here.

Advertisement
This was my comp for Calijah Kancey out of HS.

Gore is an interesting offer. We are otherwise committed to getting bigger across the board. My guess is they have a specific interior rush role in mind.
Obvious passing downs kind of player?

Advertisement

Gore is an interesting offer. We are otherwise committed to getting bigger across the board. My guess is they have a specific interior rush role in mind.
Or, y'know, they're desperate for veteran depth 'cos they didn't expect Jackson to bolt.

I always hold wrestlers in very high regard. Wrestlers tend to have higher RPM motors than the typical player.

Great info, Medley. Thanks.

I liked what he said about his high school in Tennessee where every kid has to participate in sports for entire year...very old school...reminds me of my era.

Advertisement
I still dont like the offer given our needs.

Maybe he’s the Moultrie replacement. It was going to be Haye but he left, so Gore might fill that backup, situational role.

What we truly need is the Jackson replacement. Give me two of those, please!

That's what I was thinking, too. He seems like a chess piece not an every down player. FWIW, I wanted both Kancey and Senat in the class when they came out, and I don't really like undersized DTs in general. I have no clue about this kid. But while many on this board will disagree, I consider our defensive staff to be one of the best in the business, and trust Steele and Salave'a (not to mention Strong) to know what they need there.

Our main rotation will most likely be LT, JHH, Lichtenstein and another portaller, with Moten hopefully emerging as an option. But we have nothing behind them. We need 1 more stud transfer to replace Jackson. But we also need depth and flexibility.

Jackson and Miller leaving (not sure how expected either was) took away a front line starter and a key depth piece. Not every possible addition can be an All-American but being able to rotate a pass rushing DT in certain situations can be an important piece of the puzzle.

Advertisement
Back