Georgia State DL transfer Thomas Gore COMMITS

Advertisement
I don't think you can question his productivity. What I do question is the fact that Mario has prototype sizes for his DL/DT/LBs and recruits accordingly (witness our current class). Gore most definitely doesn't fit that prototype.

So far, I'm seeing arguments that fall into two categories in this thread:

1. On the positive side, this could indicate flexibility to vary from the prototype due to a special skill set/motor and excellent scouting.
  2. On the negative side, could be a whiff of desperation in DT recruiting.

Personally, I'm leaning towards option 1, as I don't see Mario hitting the easy button when it comes to recruiting.
Offering one of the most productive G5 players isn’t a desperate moves

I love it when some don’t like a prospect due to size, and people bring up the rare exceptions of stud players who are that size like that’s the norm and not the exception. Always a productive and logical conversation when that takes place.

From this point forward, every time anyone states that they don’t like a player, I will just bring up an NFL player that had the same height and weight and say, “I bet you wouldn’t have liked him either!”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Terrible take.

Just terrible.

Excited Lets Go GIF

That’s the exact same size Aaron Donald dominating the league with. As a DT him being shorter will give him a huge advantage on leverage. As long keep them pads low and have strong hands he will be fine.
Aaron Donald is a mutant in terms of strength and muscle he can carry at 270 pounds. Kids film is good but a big TBD.

Given our depth I don’t hate the offer. Need a run game disrupting NT bad tho.

Advertisement
I love it when some don’t like a prospect due to size, and people bring up the rare exceptions of stud players who are that size like that’s the norm and not the exception. Always a productive and logical conversation when that takes place.

From this point forward, every time anyone states that they don’t like a player, I will just bring up an NFL player that had the same height and weight and say, “I bet you wouldn’t have liked him either!”
whats wrong with him being a rotational pass rusher? What’s wrong with that?

That’s probably going to be his job anyways.

4 on the roster
Exactly
The numbers are so bad
And besides Taylor are all jags so we just need bodies at this point
He’s a shorter more productive eliahah Robert’s
Who was hyped like crazy
For no reason
He’s another guy who didn’t jump out at me on his film
I guarantee he’ll be a jag wherever he goes
But nothing wrong with that
Most players are average

Advertisement
Aaron Donald is a mutant in terms of strength and muscle he can carry at 270 pounds. Kids film is good but a big TBD.

Given our depth I don’t hate the offer. Need a run game disrupting NT bad tho.
I was always hoping cooper would
Have played nt , the way he just moves ppl
I know he would have collapsed the pocket and hold the point of attack on double teams

Manny portal > Mario portal
Manny was back to back off season national champion
Mario can’t come close to that
Even after his first year he started with a bang by canning enos and bringing in lashlee then king

Advertisement
Back