Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

What a game. I was 17 years old and watched the game at my boys house. Was so furious about the first 3 quarters, I left the little party because I couldn’t take another East Carolina type of game. Put the game on to see the score when I arrived home and we were about to win the game. Missed the entire comeback.

that game basically saved the 99 season, IIRC that would've been their third consecutive loss

Advertisement
if you go back to the game vs BC in 1999, Miami was down 28-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter, Looked dead in the water

Then out of desperation they want to a spread no-huddle, and KK started to play MUCH better. That was his game. Not the pro-set we had him running

That was the offense we should have shifted to with him. Same thing with Berlin after the comeback vs Florida in 2003.

All the signs were there to really evolve our offenses and be ahead of the curve. Instead they kept fitting a square peg into a round hole with certain QB's
**** yeah.

He was before his time.

I knew Brock Berlin played in the spread in Louisiana sand put up crazy numbers. I knew he needed that offense, but I thought Kenny came from a more traditional offense in the Tampa area.

I still think he was talented enough to play under center with more practice. He was definitely more effective in the gun but we only ran that sparingly, mostly in long yardage situations.

His strengths are versatility... Run design was prevalent BECAUSE THE TEAM HE WAS WITH LACKED THE QB OR THE ATHLETES TO FEATURE ANYTHING ELSE... Guess we'll see.
I just dont think he wouldn’t show versatility in the pass game when they were more pass heavy in his early years at michigan, weapons and talent dont stop u from callin your best plays whether they end up working or not. His run versatility showed last year. But we’ll see.

I've read multiple times that JJ deemed Butch to be his most important assistant and the Butch was the man in charge of finding the recruits.

He then brought Cristobal in as GA and had a huge influence on MC.

Advertisement
Pig Floyd's originated in Orlando and it's absolutely awesome. But by no means is it a traditional country BBQ joint like , Shivers, Shorty's or even Sonny's for that matter. Pig Floyd's is bbq with a Latin flare. I believe they refer to it as Urban Barboca. Now if you're looking for some traditional country style BBQ, then there's nothing out there that compares to 4 Rivers in Orlando. It's so freaking good. The owner / chef John Rivers knocked it out of the park with the 4 Rivers concept. Game changer for sure. Lines out the door every day and for good reason.
Are you referring to the correct one ? The one with Pat Sheehy? Nothing Latin about the one im referring to.

Run 80 times a game for all I care

Just win

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

All I know is Dillard’s defense will be an issue with Steele on speed dial.

Are you referring to the correct one ? The one with Pat Sheehy? Nothing Latin about the one im referring to.
I don't know about the one in South Florida. Maybe a completely different concept? I know they have expanded and now have had multiple stores in the Orlando area. The food is killer! Here a link to the joint in Orlando.
"Home" https://www.pigfloyds.com

Advertisement
if you go back to the game vs BC in 1999, Miami was down 28-0 halfway through the 3rd quarter, Looked dead in the water

Then out of desperation they want to a spread no-huddle, and KK started to play MUCH better. That was his game. Not the pro-set we had him running

That was the offense we should have shifted to with him. Same thing with Berlin after the comeback vs Florida in 2003.

All the signs were there to really evolve our offenses and be ahead of the curve. Instead they kept fitting a square peg into a round hole with certain QB's
Maybe spread offenses are much more friendly to most QBs than pro style or......Wing Ts

Why do all of y'all try to make it seem that everything Mario praises relates to Satan? By the by it's butch who they all learned from. Satan included. Satan simply refined it to where it applies to modern day principles
Nothing but 100% FACTS, @Brooklyndee ....you can't tell some of these clowns on here any facts....I've tried telling them till I'm Blue in the face....Saban could've called any HC in America in the Mid to late 90s while at Michigan St, and I'm talking the Upper echelon of HCs, from Bowden to Paterno to Osborne...but he didn't....He called Butch...

Advertisement
#1 I have no infatuation with any human. #2 I played here for butch Davis who regardless of what he won, he set us up to be a dynasty, and the best football team in the history of college football. He also was one of the main reasons jimmy was able to do what he did. Jimmy would tell you that.
D....if these clowns knew the amount of talent Butch closed on from 84-88 they'd fall out...

Just go back to the season that Kenny Kelly and Ken Dorsey both played in 1999

Thats where the Coker-T( two fights, two backs, just 1 WR) was hatched as KK had issues(and Im told he had problems grasping the whole system because of his baseball duties), then when that skinny freshman from California started playing, it became a MUCH different offense

Dorsey had the capabilities of running a much more well-rounded offense
I personally watched Dorsey tear up arguably the best secondary in CFB the summer of 99 at Greentree....

I've read multiple times that JJ deemed Butch to be his most important assistant and the Butch was the man in charge of finding the recruits.

He then brought Cristobal in as GA and had a huge influence on MC.
Pete Garcia was Director of Recruiting when Butch was HC, in TITLE Only....Pagano, Curtis Johnson and Sarge were Butch's Hitmen....Period...

Advertisement
I don't know about the one in South Florida. Maybe a completely different concept? I know they have expanded and now have had multiple stores in the Orlando area. The food is killer! Here a link to the joint in Orlando.
"Home" https://www.pigfloyds.com
They're two different businesses. This is the one with Buoniconti. It was originally by 168th and Old Cutler. There was a Little General store there back in the 70's.

They're two different businesses. This is the one with Buoniconti. It was originally by 168th and Old Cutler. There was a Little General store there back in the 70's.

This is hilarious. We've got a BBQ sidebar convo taking place in the middle of a CIS SHOW DOWN.

they suddenly moved to US1 and 145ths street where there is a small motel.

anyone know what happened?

I’ve always felt like when we played better teams recently(bama Clemson etc) we get overwhelmed physically. Is this personnel? Is it lack of contact in practice? Idk. But we’re clearly taking care of the latter.

Advertisement
Back