Gentleman, we have a real football program. (Clinic recap)

Advertisement
I am opening this thread back up. For the love of Schnelly's corncob pipe, please keep it civil and at least somewhat on topic.

@No_Fly_Zone about to bump @RVACane out of that #1 Maude spot...

1648691128157.png

Advertisement
Facts but everything depends on recruiting the lifeblood of elite cfb. He's a great recruiter an elite recruiter. Want to see how he does vs bama and UGA the creme of the crop. Those battles will tell us everything

Agree. And you and I know that's going to take time. The mope brigade will probably be out in force the first recruiting loss we take.

And after listening to Geo's recruiting podcast, it's clear this staff isn't lying down for anyone. Every kid they're targeting is a battle with Bama, Ohio State, USC, Georgia, Oklahoma, A&M. We'll get a good chunk of them, but we're going to lose a bunch, too, probably the majority.

The key is that Mario's guys will never concede a target, especially in South Florida. And I love we're going national and not afraid to recruit kids from Alabama, Texas, Georgia, West Coast, ... anywhere.

I am opening this thread back up. For the love of Schnelly's corncob pipe, please keep it civil and at least somewhat on topic.

Were you the one who removed my replies to that Saban slurper Tuskbutt? I get why they were pulled, but what a fing tool that guy was.

Keeping it on topic, not commenting about BBQ joints, I'd like to know what coaches meant by "marker or eraser -- what can your players do"? what's a marker vs an eraser?

Were you the one who removed my replies to that Saban slurper Tuskbutt? I get why they were pulled, but what a fing tool that guy was.

Keeping it on topic, not commenting about BBQ joints, I'd like to know what coaches meant by "marker or eraser -- what can your players do"? what's a marker vs an eraser?

Ask NYSOM?

Advertisement
First and foremost, but communication from the football program has been excellent leading into the clinic. Not only did I get emails containing our entire itinerary, but we got separate emails that contained parking information, including a map. First time this has ever happened. Everything at Miami right now is a very organized operation.

DAY ONE:

Clinic itinerary...
View attachment 180384

I'd also like to add that this clinic was a bargain at $50. Not only because of the legendary speakers, but the networking opportunities, the ability to watch practice, and unlimited drinks, breakfast and dinner. Most clinics I go to cost $100+ and give you absolutely nothing.
(nicest notebook I've ever gotten at a clinic too)

View attachment 180388

The level of hospitality is completely different from Manny's tenure. None of these coaches act stank and unapproachable. Coaches, and legends, or actually spread out and actively making efforts to sit around HS coaches. The effort to establish a relationships is night and day from Manny's staff. (collectively) Manny's staff had a few personable dudes, but when your head guy is a pompous politician's son, that arrogance tends to trickle down. You can tell that Cristobal demands that his coaches are engaged.

I get there early on Friday to beat the rush, and there was still a long *** line waiting for the gates to open. I finally walk in, look on green tree, and who's out there running routes with Braxton Berrios? Restrepo. X never stops working.

Mirabal is a fvckin' OL guru. That is all. You're about to see much improved OL play, especially when he gets more of his guys through the door. A lot of his clinic tape contained Scaife and McLaughlin. He seems to think McLaughlin is going to be really good.

Gattis does some really nice things offensively. He went into detail and showed the crowd some tape. A lot of 11 and 12 personnel. Very run heavy. A lot of variations in their run game. No more Inside Zone 37 times in a row. Gattis and Mirabal both spoke about establishing and identity. And some of the techniques we're teaching on ol, or very imposing and have the ability to wear down defensive players. You definitely can't be a pu$sy and play in this offense. Even the WR's are required to block a lot. Matter of fact, Gattis actually pulls H-Backs and WR's and asks them to block. Honestly, some of his stuff acts like a modern-day Wing-T out of the shotgun. My only question is, how will this offense resonate with South Florida skill kids? I guess we'll see.

The Friday clinic started at about 1:00 p.m. and dinner wasn't until 7:00. Although they kept us hydrated with unlimited Gatorade and water, your boy was getting hangry. 😫 No worries. To um coaches, including one on the strength staff, took me to their snack room and hooked your boy Macho up with something to get him by. #EstablishingRelationships #Hospitality
View attachment 180389

GOAT sighting! 🐐
View attachment 180390

Our DB's are in great hands!
Addae is as detailed as they come. I've seen a lot of clinics, but this was the best press-man clinic I've ever seen. Oh by the way, we are going to be a press defense.
View attachment 180392

Steele is my man crush on the staff. He's from the Saban tree, and to much of my excitement, you will see a lot of press coverage and Cover-3 "Match". You're going to see a much more sound defense that will no longer give up easy 7 yard throws to wide open receivers that turn up field for 30 yards. They're putting a huge emphasis on tackling, being sound, contesting throws, and getting 11 hats to the ball violently. And we are not teaching rugby tackling. Steele said something like "I don't know that **** so I ain't teaching it. ****, somebody gotta teach me. Here at Miami we're gonna be biting the ball."
You're going to see better tackling by default, simply because the soundness of the defense will have more people in the vicinity of pass-catchers and runners.
View attachment 180394

View attachment 180396

View attachment 180397

View attachment 180398

Ugh! 💩 Must've been that Muscle Milk.

View attachment 180399

Dinner time! 😋
They definitely knew what they were doing with this food selection. They didn't want anybody getting up and leaving during the night session. We all had da itis!
View attachment 180400

They finished up the night session by having Jimmy speak. This man can work a room. He can have you ready to run through a brick wall one moment, and shed a tear the next. This was truly a unique experience brought to us by Mario. Watching Jimmy speak was a true blessing and great experience. Jimmy even opened up the room for questions.
View attachment 180401

First day was great. Let's see what Saturday brings.
Same **** different yr. I bet I'll hear the same in a few yrs

Typical keyboard assassin who'd do nothing but run his pockets in the real world. The hoe should've been used to dredge the ground and bury your ***** *** in it before you could start wasting tax payer money. If only your mother would've been a lil more into anal the likelihood of you wasting breath would've been substantially less...
Animated GIF

fatality GIF

THIS.

Gattis knows where our strengths lie. We have to pass to open up the run game. We do not yet have the hogs upfront to line up, put a hat on a hat and run the ball at will out of the gate. Trust that Mario and Mirabal will have that in place in a couple years, but we're not there yet.

We setup TVD to slice and dice to loosen up the D and get them sagging then pound into submission with the committee of Parrish, Knighton, Chaney, Thad and Citizen.

That should be our formula.
I know this has been covered, but the worry here is that some OCs insist on pounding the run until it works as opposed to what you’re saying- using the pass to open it up. Not saying that’s Gattis, but we’ve all seen it before and some of us are concerned.

Now being honest, we should all sit back and let the man work. We’ll see how adaptable he is and how he works. That said, we’re all here to air our opinions, so we’ll be having this argument all summer and into the fall. Buckle up.

Advertisement
Because he would have been Saban before Saban if he stayed at Miami. Butch had to overcome unprecedented sanctions which hit full impact in 1997. By 2000, we were the best team in the country at the end of the year. The staff actually downgraded in 2001 and we still won a national title. Recruiting was getting better each year and dropped off with Coker and crew rather significantly.

You are debating with a former player who played for Butch. Opinions are like as ********. Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut.
Saban is a much better coach but Butch would not have been stopped if he stayed. My only question is lets say he stayed and won the NC in 2001 & 2002. Would he have been the top candidate for the many open NFL jobs & would he have left?

Put Reggie Wayne and Santana on the 01 team (left the yr before) it would've been even more Historical...
Why do you think Curtis Johnson never got a Head Coaching gig either in College or in the NFL?

I thought he was the best WR coach we've ever had.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back