He hates to wake us up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already some of us are so happy
We could cry...

Advertisement
They can have him today. No need to wait for offseason. I would be extremely rustled if he got the GT job and hired a spread OC

I wouldn't look at that number.

GT is a STEM school and they are very highly ranked for that.

Once you weed through all of the liberal arts schools, they are in the top 5 in many programs including #4 for Engineering, #2 for Biomedical, #1 for Aerospace etc.

Absolutely. It might not be in the same tier as MIT but it's got a great reputation for STEM a la Carnegie Mellon or Cal Tech. The USNWR ranking loves schools that have 15 sub disciplines of Womyns Studies (and yes, it's actually spelled like that on a University of Oregon diploma).

Jesus. I didn't even consider that. I'd probably finally be right there with you. Would probably just take up spelunking or go-kart racing on Saturdays. Maybe learn Farsi or something because this fandom would probably be untenable.
That would be the kick in the *** I probably need

Advertisement
Gay GIF

Advertisement
I wouldn't look at that number.

GT is a STEM school and they are very highly ranked for that.

Once you weed through all of the liberal arts schools, they are in the top 5 in many programs including #4 for Engineering, #2 for Biomedical, #1 for Aerospace etc.
I acknowledge all of that. It's probably just semantics and subjective in how you'd define "blueblood" in relation to academia.

My mind would go to the Stanfords and Dooks of the Power 5 world whereas I think the majority of the country (not that popular opinion should always be the gauge either) would deem GT a great school based on the STEM reputation you cited but not equal overall to what they'd consider the real overall "bluebloods".

Okay why do people like Alex Grinch so much? I haven't followed him but every game o see his D gets lit the **** up.
I'd defer here to people that know x's and o's better than I do but I'd tend to agree with your eye-test.

I think sometimes a dude's name gets hot for weak reasons (ie he's just at the right program at the right time) and it seemingly stays hot until he either fails regularly as a coordinator or DOES get a HC job and flames out.

Advertisement
This would exactly be my concern
Pretty obvious the plan was for Ponce to takeover for Gattrash once he left for a head coaching gig. Now that he obviously sucks hopefully Mario realizes we need a true spread guru and abandons that plan. If by some miracle Gattrash is shown the door before the end of the season Ponce will be calling plays. The base O would be tge same as you can't completely change midseason but maybe Ponce would have a better feel for when to call what and add some wrinkles

Advertisement
Back