Gattis to Ga Tech???

Advertisement
@RVACane well if this doesn't guarantee it will never happen nothing does.
Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

GT might not be a sleeping giant but the right coach would win there quickly. Perfect location to recruit.

/ Jamey Chadwell checks a lot of boxes

Regarding Deion to GT; I think ppl need to realize that Deion has a contract in place w/ Under Armour. When he was hired at JSU, JSU just signed w/ Nike in 2018. Part of the hold up was the conflict of interest, but fortunately, the buyout clause for JSU wasn’t that steep & UA was able to step in & clear the way. That was pre-stock plummet & free fall for UA. UA have been looking to get out of the apparel, sponsorship business since early 2021, cancelling deals w/ UCLA, Cal, Cincinnati, & on the fringe w/ Maryland.

If Deion takes that job, that means GT have to cancel a much bigger buyout w/ Adidas.

Advertisement
GT might not be a sleeping giant but the right coach would win there quickly. Perfect location to recruit.

/ Jamey Chadwell checks a lot of boxes
Not to disrupt your train of thought, or anything, but the purpose of this thread isn’t really to try and debate which candidate would be the best choice for GT.

Advertisement
GTech consider themselves blue bloods in academics. Not a chance they would hire Deion.
I couldn't even get their athletic department alumni donors to have a meeting for me to explain how NIL works because they felt it was beneath their standing to entice anyone to Tech using money.
Tech is the ACC equivalent of Vanderbilt and they are satisfied with that. They want to be competitive but their image as an institution is preeminent and Deion does not provide that image.
Academically Tech is closer to Miami than it is to Vanderbilt.

Advertisement
Not to disrupt your train of thought, or anything, but the purpose of this thread isn’t really to try and debate which candidate would be the best choice for GT.
Gattis isn’t going to GT so the purpose of the thread (if that) is non-existent. TBH after Saturday, we’re all here out of habit, not bc we want real discussion.

Advertisement
Mario is going to give Gattis a chance to turn the ship around against Mack Brown’s Tarheels. That’s my guess.

Beat UNC and do it in style and the ship is righted.

Advertisement
Back