Gattis Sucks Bro Super Megathread

Advertisement
If only Mario had listened to you instead of the people who actually do this for a living.
How many games of other teams per week do you think coaches actually watch? Or maybe they just saw that dormant and underachieving Michigan finally had a good year and MUST have been that young bright OC changing up the whole system like the tv announcers told us all season. Then the seaaon ended and reality came out. Validating him winning the Broyles because it was voted on by peers is the equivalent of saying the Coaches Top 25 Poll should determine the champion. None of them get to watch the games on Saturdays because they're kinda busy themselves

How many games of other teams per week do you think coaches actually watch? Or maybe they just saw that dormant and underachieving Michigan finally had a good year and MUST have been that young bright OC changing up the whole system like the tv announcers told us all season. Then the seaaon ended and reality came out. Validating him winning the Broyles because it was voted on by peers is the equivalent of saying the Coaches Top 25 Poll should determine the champion. None of them get to watch the games on Saturdays because they're kinda busy themselves
All you need to know about that award is that Gattis and Tony Elliott have both won it. Anyone who watched that punt fest on Sat knows that award is meaningless

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember when Mike Locksley called him out for taking credit for play calling at Bama. You rarely see coaches criticize each other like that. The dude is a fraud, but Mario fell for the bull****.
Locksley was all set to hire Gattis to be the OC at Maryland before Harbaugh came in and hired him. They had a falling out after that. The reality is that Gattis has never had an offense remotely this bad. Michigan hired him to implement a wide open “speed in space system” and it eventually evolved after the Covid season. Maybe Michigan just had dramatically more talent although the recruiting rankings don’t show it.

If that’s true , that would make Mario part of the problem . In life you can make mistakes as long as you immediately recognize and correct them . If Gattis is on the staff next year I’m officially off the Mario bandwagon . Mind you , nobody is rooting harder for him than I am . I went to CCHS, my son currently goes to CCHS, and many of my lifetime friends are from CCHS….but I can tell you many of us share this same opinion . Mario has had an issue identifying good OC’s for a while now . I sincerely hope he seeks some outside help when the next decision hopefully comes up this off-season
Of course Mario is part of the problem with the offense. He’s an offense killer.

Oregon scored 40+ 12 times in 48 games with Mario. 27 of those games he had Justin Herbert.

Oregon has scored 40+ 7 out of 8 games this year with Bo Nix.

Mario needs to evolve. It cost him a bunch of winnable games at Oregon and it will continue here.

Advertisement
Locksley was all set to hire Gattis to be the OC at Maryland before Harbaugh came in and hired him. They had a falling out after that. The reality is that Gattis has never had an offense remotely this bad. Michigan hired him to implement a wide open “speed in space system” and it eventually evolved after the Covid season. Maybe Michigan just had dramatically more talent although the recruiting rankings don’t show it.
gattis has zero feel for the game.

Michigan also gave forced help onto him (who are now their Co-OCs full-time) which produced the only good offense they've had under him

1 and done
Miguel Herrera Win GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wants to be a HC and this year hasn’t been good for that goal. Whether he’s fired or leaves willingly I’d expect him to be gone. He won’t be UM OC next year I think that’s pretty clear.

Advertisement
Back