Official Gattis Fired!!

And now people can figure out why I'm CAUTIOUS on Frost. I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that you have to take past occurrences (or even "rumors" of occurrences) seriously. Nobody wants to be the person (or institution) that ignores all the red flags.
There is not a chance in **** that Scott Frost is getting this job after the gattis situation.
Mario is stubborn but isn’t that stupid

Advertisement
Well I mean yeah from that perspective it would have been even more of a home run than it was in the eye of the public originally
Hard to have a redemption story if most of the world doesn’t know that you needed to be redeemed and just think you won a Broyle award

So ur saying it’s possibly assault?

I'm not saying that. Could have been consensual, but I don't know details like:

---cover-up
---intimidation factors ("don't tell anyone")
---status afterwards (i.e., ghosting, stalking, promises, etc.)
---retaliation

I am not saying that any/all of those are true, I am just citing a wide variety of possible "policy violations" and/or "legal violations" that could arise, but that are not quite as serious as assault.

Hard to have a redemption story if most of the world doesn’t know that you needed to be redeemed and just think you won a Broyle award

I was talking more of an "internal" redemption story, where an employer gives a person another chance to succeed in this cold cold world.

Obviously, didn't work out so well...

Advertisement
Yep. Obviously, Gattis sold himself well during his interview.

And...NOW...people can figure out why I've been pounding the table for Alonzo. That guy made a career out of crisscrossing this great country, talking to college coaching staffs, and getting the lowdown on everything and everyone.

I wish to God that Alonzo had been hired a few months earlier. Because I can very well imagine a quiet conversation between Alonzo and Dan that would have involved the words "no ******* way".
Maybe but let’s not act like Mario and zo weren’t talking during those months. That seems a bit far to me to think zo didn’t know about the hiring and if he had something to say about gat‘tis wouldn’t have.

Advertisement
Maybe but let’s not act like Mario and zo weren’t talking during those months. That seems a bit far to me to think zo didn’t know about the hiring and if he had something to say about gat‘tis wouldn’t have.

I'm not saying they didn't talk, but it wasn't about COACHING personnel decisions. Before Alonzo officially came aboard, he was only being asked about PLAYER personnel.

Now that Alonzo is officially officially on the payroll, those HR conversations can take place.

We can say what we will, but Mario and Alonzo and Dan are the types to follow HR rules.

And now people can figure out why I'm CAUTIOUS on Frost. I don't pretend to know everything, but I do know that you have to take past occurrences (or even "rumors" of occurrences) seriously. Nobody wants to be the person (or institution) that ignores all the red flags.
Satan does. All the time. ***** the past, if they can coach, we can deal with firing them. Just make sure the contract has that in it.

Advertisement
yes, i dont recall the rule, but i do recall Graham opening the book he authored and reading the rule and a few comments, not taking any questions and then moving to the next rule, rinse and repeat

/good times
Took evidence with Graham in London on summer program. Absinthe later, I actually understood hearsay exemptions and pulled a bleary, pirate mode B+.... summer of 01. Remember plastic trashbagging all my clothes, a found skateboard, that book, and a bottle of moar real absinthe through heathrow before the 9/11 attacks and TSA....Great times! Loved Graham. Still have that godamned book in my master bedroom bookshelf.

Advertisement
I am violently caucasian, so help your boy out here. K's? Sorority girls, I assume?
“Violently caucasian”
Grocery Store Falling GIF

Advertisement
Back