Official Gattis Fired!!

Advertisement
A man is as faithful as his options

1675199503667.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
agreed. i posted the info that i received today to provide an explanation on what occurred and why the delay. i'm sure gattis has left a lot of tire tracks in his various jobs, but i suspect he's out of options now, at least for a while.

Close friend of mine is a big Wisconsin Badger booster. He tells me that all of this has been known in Big Ten circles for some time. Wonders why our savior head coach wasn’t aware.

He also told me before the season that Gattis’ Broyles award was an “affirmative action” award, and that the co-offensive coordinator hire saved Harbaugh. Said we would be sorry we hired him. At the time, I thought he was just spouting his usual right-wing BS.

Advertisement
Sorry if I regurgitate anything that's already been said but I haven't read every post in this thread.

The way things have come out and the timing of everything fits in to the tidbits of info shared with the board. Once the issue was identified by the school administration, the investigation started. Once that started, it prevented Mario from officially looking for new OCs. He likely (probably?) didn't start any unofficial inquiries either due to potential ramifications for the school if Gattis found out (presumed guilt before the investigation findings were complete). The way out, was to encourage him to find a job, which would change the dynamic of him being a current employee. This would have enabled Mario to officially search for a new OC. The clock would have started ticking earlier to bring on a new OC. He couldn't find a job before the investigation was complete, so they fired with cause.

I'm not necessarily a fan of "passing trash" which is likely what Mario was trying to do with having him look for another job. I get it, he's just worried about his school and team, but this goes back to the accountability he has preached to the team. As a leader, you hold everyone accountable, and you shouldn't take the easy way out to solve a problem by letting someone leave who was in essence a piece of ****. Especially because he likely knew his reputation and behavior before he hired him. I'd like to think he read him the riot act and had specific language in his contract to prevent/discourage these behaviors/actions.

My take on the situation. No sauces or insider knowledge. Just putting a couple of possible things together based upon my experiences.

Last edited:
It's not a question of the administration "stepping in". They pretty much HAVE TO take the wheel at a certain point, otherwise it opens them up to legal liability for NOT following up.

Let's not forget, Jameis Winston's accuser received a $1M settlement...FROM FLORIDA STATE...for F$U's violation of Title IX by not acting on her report. Having nothing to do with whether the underlying accusation was adjudicated one way or another...but because F$U DID NOT ACT initially.
So ur saying it’s possibly assault?

if the rumor is true, and it has lots of credibility, then this would explain the delay in firing him. a for-cause termination proceeding could certainly take considerable time so that evidence could be gathered, witnesses interviewed, rebuttals/defenses proferred etc.
Tbh this is why ***** remains undefeated though 1.8 million is a lot to pay

Advertisement
Back