Gattis’ 2019 install at Michigan

How is Michigan looking the season after Gattis left?

Michigan has played UConn, Hawaii, and Colorado State.

More importantly look at the quarterback Gattis had. McNamara was as bad as he ever was this year. Now look at the numbers for 2021 5star recruit JJ McCarthy who committed to Michigan after Gattis was hired.

Advertisement
FSU is improved, but they looked pretty bad against UL. They were getting gashed on the ground. Haven't followed up to see the severity of the injury to Travis and Verse. Rodemaker I guess made some plays late (I fell asleep!) but the drives I watched he seemed like a stiff and was not sensing pressure particularly well. That stretch of Wake, NCST, and Clemson will be challenging for them.
We had stretches in the past where we looked like we had turned the corner. He is flawed but Travis is a dangerous QB and a kid like that can make a coach look good. That’s all I’m seeing from them right now. Not saying that’s not valuable, they will win some games, but it’s hiding their issues

FSU is still a mirage right now especially with their recruiting

They just are flat out not getting the job done there under Norvell and it’s gonna keep rearing it’s head

As Miami fans we know exactly what this looks like

We had stretches in the past where we looked like we had turned the corner. He is flawed but Travis is a dangerous QB and a kid like that can make a coach look good. That’s all I’m seeing from them right now. Not saying that’s not valuable, they will win some games, but it’s hiding their issues

They just are flat out not getting the job done there under Norvell and it’s gonna keep rearing it’s head

They just recieved a commitment from a 4* LBer....

They just recieved a commitment from a 4* LBer....
They should never be having the issues they have had in recruiting. Losing guys gift wrapped to them. Landing some guys here and there with some high ranking

Sounds like us the last 15 years

Willy sent them into a death spiral

You are over rating Miami's QB big time.

Could be - I've definitely misevaluated QB's before. But I think there's (understandably) a bit of an overreaction going on with TVD.

I still think TVD is better than Shea Patterson who completed 56% of his passes at Michigan in 2019 with this talent:

OL - 6 players drafted
WR - 2 Starting NFL WR's (and they didn't even lead the team in receiving - they were #2 & #3)
RB - 2 NFL RB's

Advertisement
Could be - I've definitely misevaluated QB's before. But I think there's (understandably) a bit of an overreaction going on with TVD.

I still think TVD is better than Shea Patterson who completed 56% of his passes at Michigan in 2019 with this talent:

OL - 6 players drafted
WR - 2 Starting NFL WR's (and they didn't even lead the team in receiving - they were #2 & #3)
RB - 2 NFL RB's
To be fair, #1 (Ronnie Bell) would have been (and still could be) drafted if not for an injury he had last year. COVID + Injury Year make him a bit of a question mark, but he's very good. Was the best of a unit that had - as you mentioned - two pros already...and not just pros, in the rotation pros. Good player.

#4 WR is also an NFL player, although, deeper on the chart...Tarik Black.

The reality there is that Shea Patterson really ******* stinks.

Agreed. I think Travis has really improved as a passer. And his ability to scramble and escape tacklers is well above average. But as I look at their roster, I don't see much high-end talent. You could likely make the same argument about Miami now but objectively, Mario and Miami's recruiting > Norvell and FSU's recruiting.

Advertisement
Agreed. I think Travis has really improved as a passer. And his ability to scramble and escape tacklers is well above average. But as I look at their roster, I don't see much high-end talent. You could likely make the same argument about Miami now but objectively, Mario and Miami's recruiting > Norvell and FSU's recruiting.
Yeah schools like us and them, they’ll always land a few kids here and there, and will be capable of putting a little run together

But they’ve got big problems at the foundational level. Norvell might fix it but who knows. Just saying any premature talk of FSU being “back” is no different than us the last few years. They need a major overhaul

Advertisement
Back