Gattis’ 2019 install at Michigan

Advertisement
Can we safely assume Gattis was the only influence on the results for 2019 at Michigan?

He is taking all the blame for 2019 and 2020 and being given none of the credit for 2021.

Apparently Harbaugh stepped in and added another co coordinator in 2021. This resulted in them running more. They never had the quarterbacks to realize Gattis’ vision.

They had meh quarterbacks when he was there. Not on him. What is squarely on him is the fact they didn’t have great receiver play. They have decent guys but no first rounder types. Who’s their best guy? Ronnie bell?

Advertisement
Sadly, they look improved

Agreed. They are clicking in year 3 of Norvell’s O and appear to actually have a legit perimeter weapon unlike last couple of years. The thing to watch is their OL depth though. They lost Robert Scott on Friday, who was one of their starting OTs. Rumor is he may be done for the year, and with 9 games left they were already down a couple of OL before that. Obviously injuries are apart of the game and we have to stay healthy too but they haven’t hit the crux of their schedule yet and that OL play that has gone up a notch could revert back and mess up a ton if they have to throw young and inexperienced bodies in there.

I don’t see them causing us much trouble at home.

I heard a story once about a Florida-based ACC team that went on the road, and despite being the underdog, beat a considerably more talented SEC team.

I don't know, sounds pretty farfetched to me.

This. As bad as Gattis was at times we would look at this game a lot differently if we had capitalized on the opportunities presented such as the Parrish drop, redding miss and TVD's failure to connect on any of the deep throws where guys had a step.
thats fair but also hides some weaknesses. sometimes its good to have those drops bc it shines light to the weaknesses overall. we often hid them until it bit us in the ***. at least we know what works and doesn't right now

Advertisement
Agreed. They are clicking in year 3 of Norvell’s O and appear to actually have a legit perimeter weapon unlike last couple of years. The thing to watch is their OL depth though. They lost Robert Scott on Friday, who was one of their starting OTs. Rumor is he may be done for the year, and with 9 games left they were already down a couple of OL before that. Obviously injuries are apart of the game and we have to stay healthy too but they haven’t hit the crux of their schedule yet and that OL play that has gone up a notch could revert back and mess up a ton if they have to throw young and inexperienced bodies in there.
as sad it is, out of the QBs in FL, the one at FAU and FSU are playing the best right now

He is taking all the blame for 2019 and 2020 and being given none of the credit for 2021.

Apparently Harbaugh stepped in and added another co coordinator in 2021. This resulted in them running more. They never had the quarterbacks to realize Gattis’ vision.

that was not apparently. Harbaugh hired a Co-OC bc of what happened the previous two seasons. he then promoted Matt Weiss to Co-OC following gattis leaving

regarding QBs, good coaches adjust to their talent. Gattis has a top tier talent in TVD. he hasn't adjusted to his strengths YET (big thing here).

if youre waiting for the unicorn, it may never happen.

FSU is improved, but they looked pretty bad against UL. They were getting gashed on the ground. Haven't followed up to see the severity of the injury to Travis and Verse. Rodemaker I guess made some plays late (I fell asleep!) but the drives I watched he seemed like a stiff and was not sensing pressure particularly well. That stretch of Wake, NCST, and Clemson will be challenging for them.

FSU is improved, but they looked pretty bad against UL. They were getting gashed on the ground. Haven't followed up to see the severity of the injury to Travis and Verse. Rodemaker I guess made some plays late (I fell asleep!) but the drives I watched he seemed like a stiff and was not sensing pressure particularly well. That stretch of Wake, NCST, and Clemson will be challenging for them.
This is a fair take. FSU is definitely improved but I'm convinced they're good. LSU was atrocious against them and Louisville might have the worst defense in P5.

Advertisement
This is a fair take. FSU is definitely improved but I'm convinced they're good. LSU was atrocious against them and Louisville might have the worst defense in P5.
Yea there a lot that you can take away from Louisville considering how bad their defense is. LSU is also a middle of the pack SEC team at best so trying not to read into too much there either. They will be 4-0 after beating a horrendous BC team this week but then have to play Wake, NC State and Clemson in consecutive weeks. Decent chance they are 5-3 heading into our matchup and think that 8 wins is probably their ceiling.

Travis and Verse were dressed at practice

Advertisement
They might very well go 2-1 in those 3

They might very well go 2-1 in those 3
I can't see them beating both NCST and Clemson. Travis is improved but he still has knucklehead moments.

They look sketchy to me. I think they lose a game or two that they shouldn't. It looked to me like they were going to lose to UL but then I fell asleep and was shocked to wake up to 35-31.

There just aren't a lot of gimmes on that schedule. They should beat BC (BC OL is atrocious) and Tech and Louisiana but otherwise have some tough games. If they win 8 I'd be surprised.

Advertisement
Back