Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
IMG_0281.png

Advertisement
It’s possible. Just because a contract is illegal under NCAA rules doesn’t make it invalid or illegal under civil law which isn’t subject to the NCAA rules.

The problem I see, looking at it broadly, is not so much the contract but the non-reporting of income.

Yes, I agree, two parties can make a contract that says, literally, anything.

What I was pointing out is that the "advance fund" clearly put forth a contract, to an 18 year old, that is in direct violation of brand new NIL rules that had just been put into place. ****, they could have even done one of these contracts 5 years ago, before NIL was even legal, since the "future money" is the NFL salary. I do think that the EXTRA citation of the "agent rules" is to bring in an area of state legality that HAS been in place prior to NIL rules.

I'm just pointing out that the court is highly unlikely to uphold that contract, whether it is for illegality or public policy or any other grounds.

But you are also correct, the non-reporting of income is going to be WAY worse, once the IRS comes sniffing around.

This **** is fascinating. Two years ago, I said that a lot of dirt would eventually come out, and here we are.

Advertisement
Yeah, there needs to be regulation or something to protect these guys or have a central clearing house which approves amateur athlete’s monetary deals because this will be like the local Miami record industry in the 80’s. Unsophisticated, poor people will get pillaged
Let’s say a player in that situation hits it big in the NFL but like Andrew Luck decides to retire after perhaps six years. Would such a company sue the player to prevent their retirement - after all, a retirement would mean loss of earnings.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let’s say a player in that situation hits it big in the NFL but like Andrew Luck decides to retire after perhaps six years. Would such a company sue the player to prevent their retirement - after all, a retirement would mean loss of earnings.
They can’t force someone to work. That’s not enforceable in court. However, if they guaranteed a minimum amount of money to these Sharks, they could potentially be on the hook for the balance. I don’t know where it would all lead.

If they can get away with this the money they make from Del La Cruz alone will be in the 50 million plus range by the time he’s through….that kid gonna make hundreds of millions before he’s done

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back