Tears Gator Tears

Now their star-***** fans are pivoting to that Kam Pedescleaux kid.

1684282488271.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This dude did a mock which apparently has them landing 90% of their OV targets. Like so bad that GatorFanMeth ripped him. Here’s the class and then the link.

View attachment 238768View attachment 238769

So much to unpack here.

"Class calculator."
"No crazy reaches."

Writes itself. Imagine putting together your crazy dream mock class where you get everybody... and you still only end up with one 5-star and don't crack 300 points!

If Miami did this we'd probably have eight or nine 5-stars.

I don’t think people are prepared for the unmitigated disaster that they’re going to be this year. 5-6 win team. Losses to Utah, Tennessee, SCAR, Georgia, LSU, and FSU (at a minimum) incoming.

They had some good talent on last years 6-7 team and a Top 5 pick at QB. Squandered opportunity. Wouldn’t be surprised if Billy gets fired. Best case he gets fired half way through 2024.
They owe him too much money. He'll get to 2025 which will be a win or else year. I don't see him surviving.

With the SEC adding Texas and Oklahoma, 2025 with be good or bad luck for the Gators depending on where they land and whether the conference takes more of an NFL approach and has 4 subdivisions of 4 teams each.

With the 12 team CFP playoff set for 2024, Napier will feel the tremendous pressure to make the CFP in 2025, and I don’t see that happening. At best, a bowl eligible team in 2025.

I don't see him surviving as not enough progress will have been made and questions to whether he is even capable of taking them there will be on all of their minds and tongues.

Last edited:
They owe him too much money. He'll get to 2025 which will be a win or else year. I don't see him surviving.

With the SEC adding Texas and Oklahoma, 2025 with be good or bad luck for the Gators depending on where they land and whether the conference takes more of an NFL approach and has 4 subdivisions of 4 teams each.

With the 12 team CFP playoff set for 2024, Napier will feel the tremendous pressure to make the CFP in 2025, and I don’t see that happening. At best, a bowl eligible team in 2025.

I don't see him surviving as not enough progress will have been made and questions to whether he is even capable of taking them there will be on all if their minds and tongues.

Thing is, I think UiF owes Billy the full contract, no matter when they fire him. So they really don't "save" any money if they team is under .500 every year.

Honest to God, if The Gaytor goes 2-10 next year, they've got to have a serious conversation about firing Billy, no matter how many years they "promised" him.

Thing is, I think UiF owes Billy the full contract, no matter when they fire him. So they really don't "save" any money if they team is under .500 every year.

Honest to God, if The Gaytor goes 2-10 next year, they've got to have a serious conversation about firing Billy, no matter how many years they "promised" him.
I believe the buyout is 85% of the remaining contract. I saw a gator on their board mention that [even] after 2025 it’s a $25m buyout.

Advertisement
I believe the buyout is 85% of the remaining contract. I saw a gator on their board mention that [even] after 2025 it’s a $25m buyout.

Right. Meaning, it's 85% of...whatever is left at any given moment. It never drops to zero. It never drops to, say, "a meeeelion dollars".

Gaytors are going to eat **** no matter when they fire him. If he loses the confidence of his players and coaches, and if he suffers some blue-chip decommits, the UiF administration is going to have to make a tough call. Because "waiting" and "giving Billy a third chance" just to save some money is not a smart decision. At all.

Right. Meaning, it's 85% of...whatever is left at any given moment. It never drops to zero. It never drops to, say, "a meeeelion dollars".

Gaytors are going to eat **** no matter when they fire him. If he loses the confidence of his players and coaches, and if he suffers some blue-chip decommits, the UiF administration is going to have to make a tough call. Because "waiting" and "giving Billy a third chance" just to save some money is not a smart decision. At all.
They’ll be in a bad spot either way. The buyout will be a lot and then they’ll need big $ to lure a coach and im guessing a lot of coaches will find it too toxic. I think if they get rid of Billy that Stricklin the AD is probably gone too.

They’ll be in a bad spot either way. The buyout will be a lot and then they’ll need big $ to lure a coach and im guessing a lot of coaches will find it too toxic. I think if they get rid of Billy that Stricklin the AD is probably gone too.

I think you're right. Stricklin brought Mullet, and now Slingblade.

The only other AD that can hire that many duds is Beta Blake.

Advertisement
Did stricklin hire Sharkhumper or was that a guy named Jeremy Foley???

McShark****er was hired in 2015 and Stricklin came over in 2016. So it was a Foley ****up.

Not gonna lie, I've hated Foley for a long time. He's a sneaky little ****, like Neidermeyer...

But seriously, Foley was like a slightly more succesful version of Beta Blake, they both worked their way up to AD from the ticket office. The two smart things that Foley ever did were hiring Urban in football and Billy D in basketball. I give Foley the same credit for hiring an obviously-qualified university alum (Spurrier) as I give to Beta Blake for hiring Richt.

Even a caveman would have hired Spurrier and Richt.

Advertisement
Back