Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Prefer Haystacks. Rolls off the tongue better. Do I see a little bit of napier in Haystack?...around the eyes... Don't tell me Napier is a descendant of Haystacks Calhoun.
59033f25039ff.image.jpg

Thing is, I think UiF owes Billy the full contract, no matter when they fire him. So they really don't "save" any money if they team is under .500 every year.

Honest to God, if The Gaytor goes 2-10 next year, they've got to have a serious conversation about firing Billy, no matter how many years they "promised" him.
It's all good either way. They're just burning money. Being so bad, they won't attract a quality coach. They will have to go with a G5 up and coming coach hoping to strike gold or they get an SEC retread coach.

Either way, they'll be looking at a total rebuild again. Any quality players left with eligibility will hit the portal. They'll need to be heavy on the portal and close on guys looking for $$ and an opportunity to show their skillset against SEC competition for the NFL draft, but they will also be used as pawns to up the NIL bag with better schools.

It's just going to be rinse and repeat unless they can strike gold. If they don't get it together, they could move into the cycle of irrelevant for many years to come.

It may be a great opportunity to get Corey Raymond when Billy gets fired.

Advertisement
McShark****er was hired in 2015 and Stricklin came over in 2016. So it was a Foley ****up.

Not gonna lie, I've hated Foley for a long time. He's a sneaky little ****, like Neidermeyer...

But seriously, Foley was like a slightly more succesful version of Beta Blake, they both worked their way up to AD from the ticket office. The two smart things that Foley ever did were hiring Urban in football and Billy D in basketball. I give Foley the same credit for hiring an obviously-qualified university alum (Spurrier) as I give to Beta Blake for hiring Richt.

Even a caveman would have hired Spurrier and Richt.

And Foley still is working stuff behind the scenes from what some folks say

@Utah - L
McNeese State - W
Tennessee - L
Charlotte - W
@Kentucky - W (swing game)
Vandy - W
@USC - L (swing game)
bye
UGA - L
Arkansas - L (swing game)
@Missouri - W (always struggle against them)
FSU - L

To me, the season is in Murda Mertz or Murda Miller hands. I believe the defense will drastically improve but if we can't get a 20+ passing TD/10int season out of one of them....forget about it. It's not as if the team doesn't have talent, just don't have a QB worth a snot based off what we got back there. The running game is going to have to carry us in those swing games
You’re not beating Charlotte. Mcneese is a coin toss

Thing is, I think UiF owes Billy the full contract, no matter when they fire him. So they really don't "save" any money if they team is under .500 every year.

Honest to God, if The Gaytor goes 2-10 next year, they've got to have a serious conversation about firing Billy, no matter how many years they "promised" him.
I hear you, but are they willing to fire him and pay another coach the same or more money being on the hook for 2 salaries over a 5 year period?

Napier signed a 7-year deal and they were dumb enough to give it to him. No coach who is unproven at the P5 level deserves anything more than a 3-year deal. At best, give a 3-year deal with extentions based on performance.

NOPE!!! The Gators went all-in on G5 Billy. I think that marriage lasts 3-4 years followed by a complete rebuild.

Advertisement
They’ll be in a bad spot either way. The buyout will be a lot and then they’ll need big $ to lure a coach and im guessing a lot of coaches will find it too toxic. I think if they get rid of Billy that Stricklin the AD is probably gone too.
They got themselves into a foolish contract in my opinion. 7-year 51.8M for an unproven coach at the P5 level.

Maybe they felt they had to, but it's a big gamble to miss on a coach and be on the hook for a long time. It means the next hire has be successful or they could be paying 3 coaches at the same time and killing their program which suits me just fine.

******* hilarioius.

Slingblade Billy beat out the Mizzou, Vandy, and Mississippi State coaches...

Advertisement
McShark****er was hired in 2015 and Stricklin came over in 2016. So it was a Foley ****up.

Not gonna lie, I've hated Foley for a long time. He's a sneaky little ****, like Neidermeyer...

But seriously, Foley was like a slightly more succesful version of Beta Blake, they both worked their way up to AD from the ticket office. The two smart things that Foley ever did were hiring Urban in football and Billy D in basketball. I give Foley the same credit for hiring an obviously-qualified university alum (Spurrier) as I give to Beta Blake for hiring Richt.

Even a caveman would have hired Spurrier and Richt.
caveman geico GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back