Tears Gator Tears

I can't believe that NIL is being blamed for some teams getting top players.

The larger teams in the SEC, and a team or two from other conferences have been buying players for over 50 years. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, UCLA, - and others in sporadic outbursts.

What's ****ing everyone off - it's NOW legal, and some teams - ATM, UM, and a few others are now in the game - and it's diluting those with decades-long elaborate player payments/cars/ and some even providing families house payments and jobs! Many just ways to conceal the buying and make it harder to detect.

So when ATM went full bore - when UM early on jumped on this new rule change - it ****es off everyone who can't compete financially - and it ****es off those with elaborate - but now obsolete systems for buying players.

And of course, we're all confident that UF never - EVER - had someone pay a player to come to UF . . .

Advertisement
2023 Gator offense. Just a center.

20151018215854.0.jpg

I can't believe that NIL is being blamed for some teams getting top players.

The larger teams in the SEC, and a team or two from other conferences have been buying players for over 50 years. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, UCLA, - and others in sporadic outbursts.

What's ****ing everyone off - it's NOW legal, and some teams - ATM, UM, and a few others are now in the game - and it's diluting those with decades-long elaborate player payments/cars/ and some even providing families house payments and jobs! Many just ways to conceal the buying and make it harder to detect.

So when ATM went full bore - when UM early on jumped on this new rule change - it ****es off everyone who can't compete financially - and it ****es off those with elaborate - but now obsolete systems for buying players.

And of course, we're all confident that UF never - EVER - had someone pay a player to come to UF . . .
No fan of notre dame but I don’t think they were dropping bags in the modern football era. USC stopped after Carrol left

No fan of notre dame but I don’t think they were dropping bags in the modern football era. USC stopped after Carrol left
If Notre Dame alumni wanted to be serious about bags, with their wealthy alumni base, they could do serious damage on the trail with it. Probably have the number one class each year. Different mentality there though.

Advertisement

Let me be more specific - ALUMNI. Alumni teams. Larger schools had more alumni to tag team each desired player. If it took four or five to meet the price - no problem - they could still fill a roster every year.

Not the Universities, themselves.

To be honest, everyone dropped bags. Anyone who claims their school’s alumni have never given illegal payments to athletes is a liar or doesn’t know anything. it’s just that some schools have been allowed to be blatant about it.

Daunte Culpepper drove a Lincoln Navigator when I was at UCF. It was literally their second season as a D1 program. The difference is that Alabama’s whole squad got new cars, houses for family, fake six figure jobs for mom and dad, etc.

Ethan not an update from mom:

“I cannot say a word “

This to very close fishing buddy of there’s for many years , I respect her reply since these type of decisions are life changing and she knows this and surviving on there own this is always how it’s been.

We’ll that’s it

GOCANES

Advertisement
Let me be more specific - ALUMNI. Alumni teams. Larger schools had more alumni to tag team each desired player. If it took four or five to meet the price - no problem - they could still fill a roster every year.

Not the Universities, themselves.

Regardless, ND ain't playing that game (wifey is ND alum). They had Keon Keeley committed, and lost Peyton Bowen on signing day, specifically because they didn't meet both players' asking price.

They definitely have a collective, and the rumor is that Kyle Hamilton was pulling in $1M or so during his final year on campus, but the admin and coaching staff are pretty clear that NIL "numbers" will not be discussed until the player signs an LOI.

Most ND fans are worried Freeman (whose a beast on the recruiting trail) will eventually tire of it and move on to greener pastures if he proves he can be a playoff-caliber coach.

Advertisement
Regardless, ND ain't playing that game (wifey is ND alum). They had Keon Keeley committed, and lost Peyton Bowen on signing day, specifically because they didn't meet both players' asking price.

They definitely have a collective, and the rumor is that Kyle Hamilton was pulling in $1M or so during his final year on campus, but the admin and coaching staff are pretty clear that NIL "numbers" will not be discussed until the player signs an LOI.

Most ND fans are worried Freeman (whose a beast on the recruiting trail) will eventually tire of it and move on to greener pastures if he proves he can be a playoff-caliber coach.

Alumni were certainly playing the game in the 70's and 80's. And I see little reason to assume everything stopped suddenly.

Maybe it's slowed down since then, but no one can swear either way.

Alumni were certainly playing the game in the 70's and 80's. And I see little reason to assume everything stopped suddenly.

Maybe it's slowed down since then, but no one can swear either way.

I mean the proof is there, man. If they were playing the game, they'd have kept Keeley and Bowen, and probably would've added Dante Moore.

It's a major criticism for fans of the program right now. They just aren't playing the NIL game until a kid gets on campus.

Advertisement
I mean the proof is there, man. If they were playing the game, they'd have kept Keeley and Bowen, and probably would've added Dante Moore.

It's a major criticism for fans of the program right now. They just aren't playing the NIL game until a kid gets on campus.

Just got busted fishing for a QB - before he entered the portal.

Yeah, they do the same crap as everyone else.

Advertisement
Back