Tears Gator Tears

Review: Off the Record by Camryn Garrett : Cocoa With Books

Advertisement
Advertisement
@flagator86

I would like your prediction on your recruiting class ranking.
do you finish with:
a Top 10 class?
a top 15 class?
a top 20 class?
or top 25 class?

What is your season win prediction?
What is the worst win loss record that would be OK for you as thing are now?

Thanks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
More tears comin'.

“I feel pretty good,” Freeling told InsideTheU following the visit. “I’ve been liking Miami, I’ve been talking to Miami. I think this visit was about coming out and having a good time. Obviously you’re going through all the school aspects, but it’s all about coming down here and having a good time, enjoying time with the coaches and players.”

Mirabal and Freeling, plus a few other offensive linemen on the visit, sat down in what he thought was going to be an hour visit. It naturally went much longer.

“He’s a crazy scientist because we went into a meeting room and I think the meeting was only supposed to be like an hour, maybe 45 minutes. We were in there for two hours going over film. Coach Mirabal really knows his stuff. It’s straight technique. He’s like, ‘I’m not a coach. I’m a teacher,’” Freeling said.

Talking to the players, his host Dominic Mammarelli, and coaches about how the program has changed under the new watch really stood out to the No. 8 ranked tackle in the country.

“The players have really stepped up. They’ve responded well and actually bought into everything and the program. They all love the difference. The players also say that they’re actually playing football now. They said it’s a whole turnaround and I think they’ll be on track to compete for the ACC championship,” Freeling said.

Coming off the visit, Freeling is feeling better about the Hurricanes but maintains that he’s not close to shutting things down.

“I definitely am feeling better about Miami. I think just talking to players, that just really gave me perspective on where Miami is heading and I think it’s heading in a good direction. I’ll probably go to a game this season and continue to develop my relationships. I really am not looking to make a decision really soon because I’m really just trying to see this whole process.

And he's warm on Flawda/

lol, we all knew he was NEVER coming to UF.

@flagator86

I would like your prediction on your recruiting class ranking.
do you finish with:
a Top 10 class?
a top 15 class?
a top 20 class?
or top 25 class?

What is your season win prediction?
What is the worst win loss record that would be OK for you as thing are now?

Thanks

To be honest with when it comes to class finish, I said top 8 a few months ago in the thread I made over on Swamp Gas. As of TODAY, i'll venture to say 8-12 range still. I'm not about to panic and say all is lost when we're just in June because there's A LOT of time left before ESD and NSD. It isn't as if we're NOT in contention with top kids, we're just not closing at the moment for the few that has already announced (T Mitchell, Rashada, the LB kid that committed to MSU recently, Kearney). Only one who caught me off guard personally is Kearney. But again, i'll say this till i'm dead, I don't really care about what we do defensively when it comes to recruiting, it's me hoping this staff gets better recruiting OFFENSIVELY.

Can't afford to go 0-3 at WR with Eugene Wilson (heard he may be announcing soon so we'll see), Tyler Williams, and Aiden Mizell and both of them feeling UGA hard at the moment. We got Creed (who I like) and Patterson (we'll see how he performs his senior year) but like, we need more top end talent there, asap.

RB recruiting has been a bust so far cause we all know it's doubtful we get Baxter

QB recruiting is dead so i'd advise to just wait and play the portal after next spring if you can't get a good QB outta HS. Not a strong class this cycle.

OL recruiting has been ok so far; I like the 3 OL that we have signed. Losing out on Kearney (so far) stings and listen, i'm not even going to entertain getting Mauigoa or/and Freeling. Lucas Simmons is still on board but somehow, someway Auburn is standing out to him too. Oh yea, there's Peyton Kirkland who we've all seen kinda "cool" on UF.

Season wise: my gut says this:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L (they just have our number)
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

I feel this can be a 2018ish type of year. The talent IS there defensively, they just have to put it together. Offensively, we just lack THAT GUY at the skilled position(s). A proven "get him the ball as much as you can" guy. The Johnson kid from ULL is solid, but that was ULL. Shorter and Hendo are highly rated kids at WR but hasn't done squat worth mentioning in college. Tight end room only has Zipperer who has played meaningful snaps and everyone...nope. If they figure out the offense and AR is as good/great as we hope, we can have something. If we can't jell offensively, 5-7 wins is ENTIRELY possible.

lol, we all knew he was NEVER coming to UF.

To be honest with when it comes to class finish, I said top 8 a few months ago in the thread I made over on Swamp Gas. As of TODAY, i'll venture to say 8-12 range still. I'm not about to panic and say all is lost when we're just in June because there's A LOT of time left before ESD and NSD. It isn't as if we're NOT in contention with top kids, we're just not closing at the moment for the few that has already announced (T Mitchell, Rashada, the LB kid that committed to MSU recently, Kearney). Only one who caught me off guard personally is Kearney. But again, i'll say this till i'm dead, I don't really care about what we do defensively when it comes to recruiting, it's me hoping this staff gets better recruiting OFFENSIVELY.

Can't afford to go 0-3 at WR with Eugene Wilson (heard he may be announcing soon so we'll see), Tyler Williams, and Aiden Mizell and both of them feeling UGA hard at the moment. We got Creed (who I like) and Patterson (we'll see how he performs his senior year) but like, we need more top end talent there, asap.

RB recruiting has been a bust so far cause we all know it's doubtful we get Baxter

QB recruiting is dead so i'd advise to just wait and play the portal after next spring if you can't get a good QB outta HS. Not a strong class this cycle.

OL recruiting has been ok so far; I like the 3 OL that we have signed. Losing out on Kearney (so far) stings and listen, i'm not even going to entertain getting Mauigoa or/and Freeling. Lucas Simmons is still on board but somehow, someway Auburn is standing out to him too. Oh yea, there's Peyton Kirkland who we've all seen kinda "cool" on UF.

Season wise: my gut says this:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L (they just have our number)
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

I feel this can be a 2018ish type of year. The talent IS there defensively, they just have to put it together. Offensively, we just lack THAT GUY at the skilled position(s). A proven "get him the ball as much as you can" guy. The Johnson kid from ULL is solid, but that was ULL. Shorter and Hendo are highly rated kids at WR but hasn't done squat worth mentioning in college. Tight end room only has Zipperer who has played meaningful snaps and everyone...nope. If they figure out the offense and AR is as good/great as we hope, we can have something. If we can't jell offensively, 5-7 wins is ENTIRELY possible.

I'll make you a gentlemen's bet that UF doesn't finish top 10. So you get 8, 9 and 10 out of your predicted range, and I only get 11 and 12.

Of course if they finish higher than 8, you win too. As I do if they plummet out of the top 12.

Loser has to have a temporary logo of the winners team for a week as an avatar? Picked by the winner? Nothing crude, but keep it fun?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back