Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Let me see if I can understand this...

There are a bunch of universities and/or collectives that are criticizing Caspino for...

...asking for pre-enrollment money...you know, something that is COMPLETELY LEGAL in California and about 10 other states (and will probably soon be legal in Florida once all the Bull Gaytors bribe DeSantis to change the FL law)...

Yes, Caspino is a complete SCUMBAG for...asking for a completely legal payment structure...and "nobody should ever do business with him"...

Sure. Suuuuuure. Nobody should EVER recruit kids from these states:

Alaska
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Kansas
Louisiana
Minnesota
Nebraska
North Dakota
New Jersey
New York
Utah

If you recruit ANY kids from ANY of these 12 states, their unethical "representatives" may ask for PERFECTLY LEGAL payments to begin while these athletes are in HIGH SCHOOL...

But don't do it! Stand strong! It's completely disgusting for any parents or representatives to ask for any advance and/or guaranteed payments in, you know, the sport with the highest rate of career-ending injury....

Fight the power! Just say no to Caspino!

Yeahhhhh...riiiiiiight...that is exactly what is going to happen...

Things like this go to show just how little these idiots know about NIL…of course we shouldn’t be surprised cause they don’t know much about anything…

I'll make you a gentlemen's bet that UF doesn't finish top 10. So you get 8,9 and 10 out of your predicted range, and I only get 11 and 12.

Of course if they finish higher than 8, you win too. As I do if they plummet out of the top 12.

Loser has to have a temporary logo of the winners team for a week as an avatar? Picked by the winner? Nothing crude, but keep it fun?

They will be lucky to finish top 15 at the rate they’re going. As a matter of fact, if you extrapolate their current trajectory, they’ll be lucky to finish in the 20s.

lol, we all knew he was NEVER coming to UF.

To be honest with when it comes to class finish, I said top 8 a few months ago in the thread I made over on Swamp Gas. As of TODAY, i'll venture to say 8-12 range still. I'm not about to panic and say all is lost when we're just in June because there's A LOT of time left before ESD and NSD. It isn't as if we're NOT in contention with top kids, we're just not closing at the moment for the few that has already announced (T Mitchell, Rashada, the LB kid that committed to MSU recently, Kearney). Only one who caught me off guard personally is Kearney. But again, i'll say this till i'm dead, I don't really care about what we do defensively when it comes to recruiting, it's me hoping this staff gets better recruiting OFFENSIVELY.

Can't afford to go 0-3 at WR with Eugene Wilson (heard he may be announcing soon so we'll see), Tyler Williams, and Aiden Mizell and both of them feeling UGA hard at the moment. We got Creed (who I like) and Patterson (we'll see how he performs his senior year) but like, we need more top end talent there, asap.

RB recruiting has been a bust so far cause we all know it's doubtful we get Baxter

QB recruiting is dead so i'd advise to just wait and play the portal after next spring if you can't get a good QB outta HS. Not a strong class this cycle.

OL recruiting has been ok so far; I like the 3 OL that we have signed. Losing out on Kearney (so far) stings and listen, i'm not even going to entertain getting Mauigoa or/and Freeling. Lucas Simmons is still on board but somehow, someway Auburn is standing out to him too. Oh yea, there's Peyton Kirkland who we've all seen kinda "cool" on UF.

Season wise: my gut says this:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L (they just have our number)
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

I feel this can be a 2018ish type of year. The talent IS there defensively, they just have to put it together. Offensively, we just lack THAT GUY at the skilled position(s). A proven "get him the ball as much as you can" guy. The Johnson kid from ULL is solid, but that was ULL. Shorter and Hendo are highly rated kids at WR but hasn't done squat worth mentioning in college. Tight end room only has Zipperer who has played meaningful snaps and everyone...nope. If they figure out the offense and AR is as good/great as we hope, we can have something. If we can't jell offensively, 5-7 wins is ENTIRELY possible.
Utah? With what that team returns??

I have a freeling there’s far better odds freeling pucks UM than UF
c2b4e43c-0fc2-44a4-bf33-2db4a7190f71_text.gif

Advertisement
I'll make you a gentlemen's bet that UF doesn't finish top 10. So you get 8,9 and 10 out of your predicted range, and I only get 11 and 12.

Of course if they finish higher than 8, you win too. As I do if they plummet out of the top 12.

Loser has to have a temporary logo of the winners team for a week as an avatar? Picked by the winner? Nothing crude, but keep it fun?

i mean, initially I said "nah" but then again, this is all fun and games so yea, you're on. You have a bet.

To be honest with when it comes to class finish, I said top 8 a few months ago in the thread I made over on Swamp Gas. As of TODAY, i'll venture to say 8-12 range still. I'm not about to panic and say all is lost when we're just in June because there's A LOT of time left before ESD and NSD. It isn't as if we're NOT in contention with top kids, we're just not closing at the moment for the few that has already announced (T Mitchell, Rashada, the LB kid that committed to MSU recently, Kearney). Only one who caught me off guard personally is Kearney. But again, i'll say this till i'm dead, I don't really care about what we do defensively when it comes to recruiting, it's me hoping this staff gets better recruiting OFFENSIVELY.

Can't afford to go 0-3 at WR with Eugene Wilson (heard he may be announcing soon so we'll see), Tyler Williams, and Aiden Mizell and both of them feeling UGA hard at the moment. We got Creed (who I like) and Patterson (we'll see how he performs his senior year) but like, we need more top end talent there, asap.

RB recruiting has been a bust so far cause we all know it's doubtful we get Baxter

QB recruiting is dead so i'd advise to just wait and play the portal after next spring if you can't get a good QB outta HS. Not a strong class this cycle.

OL recruiting has been ok so far; I like the 3 OL that we have signed. Losing out on Kearney (so far) stings and listen, i'm not even going to entertain getting Mauigoa or/and Freeling. Lucas Simmons is still on board but somehow, someway Auburn is standing out to him too. Oh yea, there's Peyton Kirkland who we've all seen kinda "cool" on UF.

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

I feel this can be a 2018ish type of year. The talent IS there defensively, they just have to put it together. Offensively, we just lack THAT GUY at the skilled position(s). A proven "get him the ball as much as you can" guy. The Johnson kid from ULL is solid, but that was ULL. Shorter and Hendo are highly rated kids at WR but hasn't done squat worth mentioning in college. Tight end room only has Zipperer who has played meaningful snaps and everyone...nope. If they figure out the offense and AR is as good/great as we hope, we can have something. If we can't jell offensively, 5-7 wins is ENTIRELY possible.
I personally think the Utah game will dictate your season. I'm not sure if this is the sentiment you and most level-headed fans share, but from what I've seen...most Gator fans aren't taking Utah seriously. This is a team that returns a boatload of starters that went toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl; I think it's 8-9 starters on offense, maybe 13 overall (a ton more in the two-deep as well)? Defense is always solid, and you know what you're getting with a Wittingham-led squad - gritty, tough, fundamentally sound football.

If UF wins that game, I think they could - like you said - start 3-0 before traveling to Knoxville (toss up there imo, UT's defense is going to be cheeks again). However, lose to Utah...and you could quickly find yourself heading to Rocky Top at 1-2, in danger of a disastrous 1-3 start.

@PIPO

Advertisement

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
USF - W
@ Tennessee - L
Eastern Washington - W
Missouri - W
bye
UGA - L
@ Texas A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W

With all due respect, I don't see you guys finishing up between 8 & 12. I see us right around 7 or 8 and that's with Mario and his cruitin staff and with Rashada on board; which will help tremendously.

I think they'd be lucky to come out of that at 500
Think they split with UK and SCar tbh; SCar is heading in the right direction, heck they pulverized UF last season; and for some reason, Levis is getting some 1st-round NFL Mock draft looks. Stoops does more with less on a consistent basis, so at worst, both of those games will be tightly contested.

I see the talent with AR, but I'm more in "show me" mode, especially when it comes to solid P5 competition.

Advertisement
With all due respect, I don't see you guys finishing up between 8 & 12. I see us right around 7 or 8 and that's with Mario and his cruitin staff and with Rashada on board; which will help tremendously.

I can def see why you don't see a 8-12 finish as of TODAY. I'm just not going to rush and think all if lost because a lot of time is left. Gotta let the season play out and see what happens because this IS a staff that's going to have to prove it on the field. They're unknowns to these kids. Billy has never had access to these kids when he was at ULL and none of them were in high school the last time he was an assistant.

i mean, initially I said "nah" but then again, this is all fun and games so yea, you're on. You have a bet.

I thoroughly approve of this sort of wager. Good old fashioned, family-friendly rival bets!

I personally think the Utah game will dictate your season. I'm not sure if this is the sentiment you and most level-headed fans share, but from what I've seen...most Gator fans aren't taking Utah seriously. This is a team that returns a boatload of starters that went toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes in the Rose Bowl; I think it's 8-9 starters on offense, maybe 13 overall (a ton more in the two-deep as well)? Defense is always solid, and you know what you're getting with a Wittingham-led squad - gritty, tough, fundamentally sound football.

If UF wins that game, I think they could - like you said - start 3-0 before traveling to Knoxville (toss up there imo, UT's defense is going to be cheeks again). However, lose to Utah...and you could quickly find yourself heading to Rocky Top at 1-2, in danger of a disastrous 1-3 start.

This is how I feel too. That Utah game is at night to open the season so the stadium going to be rocking for Napier's opener. To lose that would def be deflating and make that UK game the following week a MUST win or like you said, things WILLLL go sideways during year 1. As you said, you know what you're getting in facing Utah and if you not built for it, you're going to get the doors blown off. The season offensively hinges on AR15. If he underperforms or get hurt, we're ***kkkked.

I DO NOT like that A&M game though. I think, everyone knows that in year 1 you usually have that game where you get cha *** thoroughly whooped, and coming off a loss to UGA the week before and then having to go to Aggieland....i'm taking the over as that's going to be EASY money betting on A&M

Advertisement

Yeah, just for fun. I'm not trying to run you off or anything. I'm not vindictive. Cool, we have a bet.

Paging @PIPO please make it official!

Back to the bet, I think there is a decent chance you start 1-3 and your recruiting goes into a death spiral. Maybe wishful thinking. :)

Last edited:
Utah - W
Kentucky - L
USF - W (Really wish they were a real team again)
@ Tenn - L
E. Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L
BYE -L
UGA - L
@ T A&M - L
USCe - W
@ Vandy - W
@FSU - W (hate to put a W here but Ireally feel like its a toss up, can they both lose?)

There's no way in **** the Gaytors are beating Utah.

Advertisement
Back