Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Those Gators need to get out more. They talk about "SEC stadium experience". I would love to have a stadium experience at Hard Rock with UM vs UF (except I don't see UF being ranked anywhere near high enough for us to play them unless the AD's agree to a home and away). They would be shocked to see how loud that stadium is ... just like ND back in 2017. Would be epic.

Gotta love the narrative they’re trying to formulate that Billy is some master bean counter risking his entire career by diligently allocating their resources

bold GIF

They felt seven years and the fourth highest salary in the SEC was appropriate for a guy who’s never coached a P5 program?

Gaytor Brandz, yo!

It ain't Gaytor Brandz if they ain't overpayin' some first-time and/or G5 and/or Mississippi State coach to take the job in Hogtown...

Advertisement
Those Gators need to get out more. They talk about "SEC stadium experience". I would love to have a stadium experience at Hard Rock with UM vs UF (except I don't see UF being ranked anywhere near high enough for us to play them unless the AD's agree to a home and away). They would be shocked to see how loud that stadium is ... just like ND back in 2017. Would be epic.

Way too much focus is placed on the "loud".

Just go out to the tailgates. Some of the greatest/most-fun tailgate experiences, for 4 solid hours, are at UM tailgates before Florida, Florida State, and Notre Dame games. Doesn't matter if we are the favorite or not, just the sheet anticipation coupled with massive hatred is soooo much fun to enjoy.

Gaytor Brandz, yo!

It ain't Gaytor Brandz if they ain't overpayin' some first-time and/or G5 and/or Mississippi State coach to take the job in Hogtown...
If I remember correctly they moved quickly to get Sling Blade and this deal was done before the Riley/Kelly/Mario moves and contracts so they were basically negotiating against themselves

If I remember correctly they moved quickly to get Sling Blade and this deal was done before the Riley/Kelly/Mario moves and contracts so they were basically negotiating against themselves

Absolutely correct, sir. Earlier, I re-posted a screenshot of the "betting odds", when Sling Blade Billy was at the top of the heap.

It was a combo platter of thirstiness:

---"Hey, guysm, we got our TOP CHOICE!"
---"Hey, guysm, he coached at ALABAMA!"
---"Hey, guysm, he is a TOP G5 corch just like Urban was once upon a time!"
---"Hey, guysm, he has coached in the southeast, he is gonna know all the HS coaches and recruits!"
---"Hey, guysm, he is really going to kill it once he has Gaytor Brandz to help him recruit and Florida players to help him win games!"

I've said it several times previously, but it really goes to the STRENGTH of Gaytor self-delusion when you actually look at the resumes of their corching staff and try to figure out HOW the Gaytors fans ever convinced themselves that this was a good staff who would accomplish great things.

Advertisement
You can go two ways with big time programs in terms of hiring HC. You can go inexperience with high potential but then he has to hire alot of experience coaches below to balance that. Or you can go with Experience HC and he can bring younger assistants. What you cant do is hire a no name coach and let him hire a ton of no name assistants. Manny Diaz did that and now Napier. It doesn't work at pressure cooker jobs.

Advertisement
You can go two ways with big time programs in terms of hiring HC. You can go inexperience with high potential but then he has to hire alot of experience coaches below to balance that. Or you can go with Experience HC and he can bring younger assistants. What you cant do is hire a no name coach and let him hire a ton of no name assistants. Manny Diaz did that and now Napier. It doesn't work at pressure cooker jobs.

Manny actually hired named assistants to his credit which some of were good (one of them is an HC). he just sucked as an HC. UF went and hired an up and comer g5 coach (not even AAC level but sunbelt) and let him hire a ton of no name dudes.

Manny actually hired named assistants to his credit which some of were good (one of them is an HC). he just sucked as an HC. UF went and hired an up and comer g5 coach (not even AAC level but sunbelt) and let him hire a ton of no name dudes.
Lashlee wasn't the first OC. Also when you look at balance it was way out balance between few guys who were decent and all the othee unqualified people on his staff. I surmise thats what Napier did as well.

Advertisement
Way too much focus is placed on the "loud".

Just go out to the tailgates. Some of the greatest/most-fun tailgate experiences, for 4 solid hours, are at UM tailgates before Florida, Florida State, and Notre Dame games. Doesn't matter if we are the favorite or not, just the sheet anticipation coupled with massive hatred is soooo much fun to enjoy.
The tailgates are great for sure. In 2017 we had a group of young (in their 20’s) ND fans - probably eight of them - stop by our tailgate for steak and wings. But it was a lot more enjoyable watching coach Kelly TRYING to hear the pregame interview questions due the noise. His eyes were like saucers looking at the crowd and thinking “**** this is loud”. The crowd noise that night caused them a lot of problems - legit home field advantage.

Lashlee wasn't the first OC. Also when you look at balance it was way out balance between few guys who were decent and all the othee unqualified people on his staff. I surmise thats what Napier did as well.

enos at the time of hire was a good candidate from a big time program. it just turned out to be a disaster in addition to the ****** QB play we got.

Advertisement
Back