Tears Gator Tears

Au contraire, mon frere. The Boy in the Plastic Bubble was broadcast 4 days before Carrie was released.

I remember that one too. I was young enough to see that one when it was first broadcast, but it was also on TV (I cried, ain't gonna lie). Carrie was a theatrical movie that I was too young to see at the time, though thank god for the (impending) introduction of cable TV, HBO, and the ability to descramble certain channels.

Advertisement
Okay now you guys made me go check Wikipedia and you are right that he was in Carrie (and Boy in the Plastic Bubble) before Saturday Night Fever. Don’t quite remember it that way lol. … Grease came a year later.

Either way, Welcome Back, Kotter was before he got his shot in the movies.

Yes, he did Carrie in the hiatus between Season 1 and Season 2 of Kotter. Saturday Night Fever between Seasons 2 and 3. Grease between Seasons 3 and 4 and then he was pretty much done with Kotter (he barely appeared in Season 4).

I remember that one too. I was young enough to see that one when it was first broadcast, but it was also on TV (I cried, ain't gonna lie). Carrie was a theatrical movie that I was too young to see at the time, though thank god for the (impending) introduction of cable TV, HBO, and the ability to descramble certain channels.
I remember when it was on tv. I was a 4th grader I think.

Advertisement
**** fans having beef with Ivins because they think he’s some pro UM writer is hilarious. Dude doesn’t give af about UM or UF, just there for a paycheck.
They blame him for Bama getting Jacorey Brooks. They claim that his Crystal Ball for Jacorey to UiF a couple of days or so before the announcement tipped Saban off and Saban doubled back and flipped him

Advertisement
They blame him for Bama getting Jacorey Brooks. They claim that his Crystal Ball for Jacorey to UiF a couple of days or so before the announcement tipped Saban off and Saban doubled back and flipped him

Isn't that what we blamed our media for Jason Marshall? I don't believe either story. It's excuse making that the other program was the better destination for the recruit at the time.

Isn't that what we blamed our media for Jason Marshall? I don't believe either story. It's excuse making that the other program was the better destination for the recruit at the time.
I think there were some cries about it with Marshall and Barry Jackson. Definitely not at the same level. Like Ivins just wrote an article and posted it on their board and here’s the first responses. It’s to an extreme.

7612C497-09FF-43DD-86EC-28F27E01BB02.jpeg
E7FC91D2-C9C6-40D0-AB1B-2546870BD911.jpeg

I think there were some cries about it with Marshall and Barry Jackson. Definitely not at the same level. Like Ivins just wrote an article and posted it on their board and here’s the first responses. It’s to an extreme.

View attachment 185322View attachment 185323
They are gonna miss on this kid and it is going to be glorious because he’s playing for Lakeland.

Uhhhh...no.

The Gaytors have given the SOLE blame to Ivins for Jacorey Brooks. That his "crystal ball", which all 247 writers submit, was a "tip-off" to Nick Saban, who somehow had NO intelligence operation of his own, and was going to be SHOCKED by the choice of UiF, and that without this "tip-off" (motivated by FAU grad Ivins' love of UM and hatred of UF, of course), then the Gaytors would have gotten Jacorey Brooks.

In the Jason Marshall situation, there were a number of factors blamed. Some pointed out that Manny tweeted prematurely. Others took issue with the early hints from the media. And it cannot be denied that Marshall's HS coach got involved with (and paid from) his intervention on behalf of the Gaytors.

Did people blame Manny and the media for ruining the kid's decision and/or "moment"? Sure. But nobody has said "but for the involvement of the media, Miami would have gotten Jason Marshall".

Please, let's not dumb things down and constantly make "but it happens to everyone" overly-simplistic comparisons. What Miami fans objected to in the Jason Marshall recruitment is nowhere near the same thing as what Gaytor fans object to in the Jacorey Brooks recruitment.

Advertisement
Uhhhh...no.

The Gaytors have given the SOLE blame to Ivins for Jacorey Brooks. That his "crystal ball", which all 247 writers submit, was a "tip-off" to Nick Saban, who somehow had NO intelligence operation of his own, and was going to be SHOCKED by the choice of UiF, and that without this "tip-off" (motivated by FAU grad Ivins' love of UM and hatred of UF, of course), then the Gaytors would have gotten Jacorey Brooks.

In the Jason Marshall situation, there were a number of factors blamed. Some pointed out that Manny tweeted prematurely. Others took issue with the early hints from the media. And it cannot be denied that Marshall's HS coach got involved with (and paid from) his intervention on behalf of the Gaytors.

Did people blame Manny and the media for ruining the kid's decision and/or "moment"? Sure. But nobody has said "but for the involvement of the media, Miami would have gotten Jason Marshall".

Please, let's not dumb things down and constantly make "but it happens to everyone" overly-simplistic comparisons. What Miami fans objected to in the Jason Marshall recruitment is nowhere near the same thing as what Gaytor fans object to in the Jacorey Brooks recruitment.
True…We were so accustomed to not getting players of Jasons caliber for so long the loss was like whatever nothing new. Gators on the other hand feel entitled to every 5*. When they lose one it’s everyone’s fault but theirs.

I don't even know who this kid is .....

LOL @ "Billy Bump"

DEAD.
Lol they’re serious. They think Billy’s evals are magical and more in depth and thorough than everyone else’s probably based on that stunt he pulled running off some of Mullet’s better recruits right before signing day by asking for them to either come to gaytorland and work out in person or send him new film of them working out. I think Jayden Gibson is one guy that told him to pound sand. Not sure what he did to lose Evers but that was a negative at a position of need.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back