Tears Gator Tears

Uhhhh...no.

The Gaytors have given the SOLE blame to Ivins for Jacorey Brooks. That his "crystal ball", which all 247 writers submit, was a "tip-off" to Nick Saban, who somehow had NO intelligence operation of his own, and was going to be SHOCKED by the choice of UiF, and that without this "tip-off" (motivated by FAU grad Ivins' love of UM and hatred of UF, of course), then the Gaytors would have gotten Jacorey Brooks.

In the Jason Marshall situation, there were a number of factors blamed. Some pointed out that Manny tweeted prematurely. Others took issue with the early hints from the media. And it cannot be denied that Marshall's HS coach got involved with (and paid from) his intervention on behalf of the Gaytors.

Did people blame Manny and the media for ruining the kid's decision and/or "moment"? Sure. But nobody has said "but for the involvement of the media, Miami would have gotten Jason Marshall".

Please, let's not dumb things down and constantly make "but it happens to everyone" overly-simplistic comparisons. What Miami fans objected to in the Jason Marshall recruitment is nowhere near the same thing as what Gaytor fans object to in the Jacorey Brooks recruitment.

You are right. Forgive me. We do have one DannyBoyCane. But the entire Gator fanbase has gone...

Full ******.jpg

Advertisement
It’s crazy… and where is all of this Anthony Richardson is a superstar stuff coming from? He’s athletic but he hasn’t been consistent if I recall. He certainly wasn’t TVD last year not even close.
It’s gotta be his running ability because he’s a 59% career passer with a 7/6 TD/INT ratio.

Does sling blade Billy run a QB run heavy offense like Mullett? Because Richardson is a below average passer.

Edit: I went back and checked his game logs. He’s not even much of a runner. 75% of his rushing total came in a two game stretch against FAU and USF. His numbers against P5 teams:

40 carries, 126 yards, 3.1 ypc 1TD

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s crazy… and where is all of this Anthony Richardson is a superstar stuff coming from? He’s athletic but he hasn’t been consistent if I recall. He certainly wasn’t TVD last year not even close.

I know you're not up on this stuff, but the Gaytors have a long, recent history of producing Heisman-Trophy-finalist quarterbacks. Every year, or so it seems, the starting Gaytor quarterback ends up in New York for the Hesisman ceremony...

Little known fact, the Gaytor collective is broke because they have had to spend all their money on Heisman-trophy-finalist statues like Emory Jones, Kyle Trash, Feleipe Franks, Will Grier, and Jeff Driskel.

It’s gotta be his running ability because he’s a 59% career passer with a 7/6 TD/INT ratio.

Does sling blade Billy run a QB run heavy offense like Mullett? Because Richardson is a below average passer.

Edit: I went back and checked his game logs. He’s not even much of a runner. 75% of his rushing total came in a two game stretch against FAU and USF. His numbers against P5 teams:

40 carries, 126 yards, 3.1 ypc 1TD

He was dealing w/a bum hammy and a knee injury he’s had since HS. Finally got surgery on it

Advertisement
The injury was before He rushed for 160 and 115 yards against FAU and USF?

Yes. The knee injury has been a bug a boo since HS. Remember the hamstring injury he had late against USF put him on the shelf basically until the LSU game. Aggravated his knee dancing before the USCe game and tweaked it again vs FSU and didn't play in the bowl game because of the surgery.

Regardless of all of that, he's gonna have the chance to prove if he can live up to the hype this year cause our WR room is still meh imo so he'll have a chance to "elevate' them with his play if he's really "THAT DUDE" ya know?

Advertisement
Especially after a PFF-knucklehead said he is a top 10 pick. Good grief.
This was the real head-scratcher. I'll forgive homer fans for over-hyping their own players. We do it for our guys all the time. But how does a sports journalist place this guy in the top ten of a mock future draft? I mean, you're going out on a huge "potential" limb proclaiming a guy who's completed 39 passes in his career to be a top 10 NFL draft pick.

Especially a guy who gets intercepted once out of every eleven pass attempts.

Yes. The knee injury has been a bug a boo since HS. Remember the hamstring injury he had late against USF put him on the shelf basically until the LSU game. Aggravated his knee dancing before the USCe game and tweaked it again vs FSU and didn't play in the bowl game because of the surgery.

Regardless of all of that, he's gonna have the chance to prove if he can live up to the hype this year cause our WR room is still meh imo so he'll have a chance to "elevate' them with his play if he's really "THAT DUDE" ya know?
No lie. I was trying to remember this dude playing and who he was without looking him up and remembered him when you said he hurt his knee dancing. Brought it all back.

This was the real head-scratcher. I'll forgive homer fans for over-hyping their own players. We do it for our guys all the time. But how does a sports journalist place this guy in the top ten of a mock future draft? I mean, you're going out on a huge "potential" limb proclaiming a guy who's completed 39 passes in his career to be a top 10 NFL draft pick.

Especially a guy who gets intercepted once out of every eleven pass attempts.

Because these guys have all bought into the myth that only players from the SEC are NFL ready

Advertisement
I love that he was predicted as a top 10 pick. Those Gator fans will jump on anything if its positive, just gets the expectations even more unrealistic. And with that comes an even bigger river of tears when dreams don't come true!

Dancing with the Stars campaign getting in the way of his Heisman campaign?

Advertisement
Back