Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
So I don’t follow the nfl anymore - what happened to Trask? Is it like a Cinderella turned into a pumpkin and never turned back into Cinderella type of thing?
Pumpkin Smash GIF by Johnny Slicks

So I don’t follow the nfl anymore - what happened to Trask? Is it like a Cinderella turned into a pumpkin and never turned back into Cinderella type of thing?

Well, I don't think it's anything shocking or wild.

Brady tends to play the vast majority of the snaps. And Brady plays a very particular style of football. Plenty of guys have been drafted to play behind Brady, and have never gone anywhere:

NE 2002 - Rohan Davey - 117th overall - LSU
NE 2003 - Kliff Kingsbury - 201st overall - Texas Tech
NE 2005 - Matt Cassel - 230th overall - USC
NE 2008 - Kevin O'Connell - 94th overall - San Diego State
NE 2010 - Zac Robinson - 250th overall - Oklahoma State
NE 2011 - Ryan Mallett - 74th overall - Arkansas
NE 2014 - Jimmy Garoppolo - 62nd overall - Eastern Illinois
NE 2016 - Jacoby Brissett - 91st overall - NC State
NE 2018 - Danny Etling - 219th overall - LSU
NE 2019 - Jarrett Stidham - 133rd overall - Auburn

I just think that Kyle Trash was drafted too high and is doing what most all of Brady's backups have done...NOTHING.

And I get it, Brady is at the tail end of his career. But the Bucs should have used the pick (64th overall) to take someone else. It's too early to tell for certain, the only rookie Pro Bowlers were first round selections.

65 - Andre Cisco - S - Syracuse
68 - Jalen Mayfield - OT - Michigan
69 - Joseph Ossai - DE - Texas
70 - Brady Christensen - OT - BYU
71 - Aaron Robinson - CB - UCF
72 - Alim McNeill - DT - NC State
73 - Milton Williams - DT - LaTech
74 - Benjanim St.-Juste - CB - Minnesota
75 - Osa Odighizuwa - DT - UCLA
76 - Paulson Adebo - CB - Stanford
77 - Josh Palmer - WR - Tennessee
78 - Chazz Surratt - LB - UNC

I mean, it seems to me that you had the chance at a number of OLs and DLs, with a few DBs mixed in too. Guys that Tampa Bay could have used, rather than an inactive backup QB in the second round, who looks like he is going to play the same role this year.

So that is TWO of the four years for Trash, just sitting on the bench. For that, Tampa used a 2nd round pick.

Look, I'm happy to see Gaytors fail in the NFL, but you also have to blame Tampa Bay here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This was the real head-scratcher. I'll forgive homer fans for over-hyping their own players. We do it for our guys all the time. But how does a sports journalist place this guy in the top ten of a mock future draft? I mean, you're going out on a huge "potential" limb proclaiming a guy who's completed 39 passes in his career to be a top 10 NFL draft pick.

Especially a guy who gets intercepted once out of every eleven pass attempts.
It’s crazy. TVD has done much more, and I’d argue with anyone who wants to project him too 10 at this point.

Advertisement
You mean what happened other than he always sucked?
He had a strong last 1.5 years in college. Good processor of things but I guess limited physical talent for where he was drafted. I won’t cry over another gaytor bust at the next level, especially when they call him King Trask, and extra-especially at QB.

Advertisement
Back