Tears Gator Tears

He had a strong last 1.5 years in college. Good processor of things but I guess limited physical talent for where he was drafted. I won’t cry over another gaytor bust at the next level, especially when they call him King Trask, and extra-especially at QB.
@RVACane Someone made a list of all the Gatahs DB Busts in recent years, do you remember which thread it was in? I have looked every where and can't locate it. Thanks a head of time for any response.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
He had a strong last 1.5 years in college. Good processor of things but I guess limited physical talent for where he was drafted. I won’t cry over another gaytor bust at the next level, especially when they call him King Trask, and extra-especially at QB.
Danny Werffull(sp) was great as a QB there too...Sucked as a pro QB

Advertisement
Maybe @TheOriginalCane remembers. We could definitely do a list.

Tiers of how they performed imo

solid careers:

Haden
Jenkins
Lito Sheppard
Reggie Nelson (when he was in Oakland)
Marcus Maye
Chauncey Gardner

average:

Keanu Neal
Major Wright

Bust:

Hendo
Hargreaves
Quincy Wilson
Tabor
Duke Dawson
Elam
Ahmad Black
Keiwan Ratliff
Guss Scott
Jaylen Watkins (4th rounder but w/e)

Not to mention some who had solid to great college careers who didn’t sniff or pan out regardless of their draft position:

Purifoy (in 2012, he had the JUICE lol)
Marcus Roberson (see Purifoy)
Fred Weary
Lawrence Wright
Todd Johnson
Marquand Manuel (he was “ok”)
Dee Webb
Josh Evans (he actually “overachieved”)

These guys were 4th rounders or later (or even undrafted) so while expectations were low or nonexistent, you’d think SOMEBODY would perform well above their draft slot, no?

Tiers of how they performed imo

solid careers:

Haden
Jenkins
Lito Sheppard
Reggie Nelson (when he was in Oakland)
Marcus Maye
Chauncey Gardner

average:

Keanu Neal
Major Wright

Bust:

Hendo
Hargreaves
Quincy Wilson
Tabor
Duke Dawson
Elam
Ahmad Black
Keiwan Ratliff
Guss Scott
Jaylen Watkins (4th rounder but w/e)

Based on draft position, I'd say Keanu Neal (17th overall) is fast-approaching bust status. I know he made a Pro Bowl in his 2nd year in the league but then had back-to-back season ending injuries. Now he's bouncing around for **** near veteran minimum money. He's got some time to turn it around, but on his current trajectory he may easily be in the bust list by 2024.

Other than that possibility, this list is pretty objective and on point, IMO.

Advertisement

A9D44AA2-C36C-41E3-A2D6-6B73FB9E45DF.jpeg

Based on draft position, I'd say Keanu Neal (17th overall) is fast-approaching bust status. I know he made a Pro Bowl in his 2nd year in the league but then had back-to-back season ending injuries. Now he's bouncing around for **** near veteran minimum money. He's got some time to turn it around, but on his current trajectory he may easily be in the bust list by 2024.

Other than that possibility, this list is pretty objective and on point, IMO.

Yea I can cosign that. Sucks because he’s solid when healthy, he just has absolutely NO ball skills and a man w/o a true position so I def can see him being a team hopper very soon

Yea I can cosign that. Sucks because he’s solid when healthy, he just has absolutely NO ball skills and a man w/o a true position so I def can see him being a team hopper very soon

I think that's right. Even before the injuries, he was something of a tweener and "not a true safety" but also "not really an OLB". The kind of guy who needed exactly the right scheme to shine in the NFL. Add his recent injuries and the trajectory doesn't look good.

Advertisement
I think that's right. Even before the injuries, he was something of a tweener and "not a true safety" but also "not really an OLB". The kind of guy who needed exactly the right scheme to shine in the NFL. Add his recent injuries and the trajectory doesn't look good.

My “lil bro” and I was debating because we’re huge UF fans (obviously) and we asked each other “how many Gators since 2000 ever had a season where they were a no brainer top 5 player at their position in the NFL” and the Pouncey twins (thanks Bobby Bowden) were the only ones.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back