Tears Gator Tears

he is? That’s so random. I am too. Wanna visit Funky Buddah but they seem to “main stream” now. Kinda like what happened to Cigar City and out on the west coast, Stone brewery
They’re no longer an independent brewer. Constellation brands own them now. Although part of the deal was the original owners get to stay aboard and make the day to day decisions so they still make great beers. There’s just so many great independent guys in Broward alone, I just don’t go to funky Buddha much anymore.

Advertisement
They’re no longer an independent brewer. Constellation brands own them now. Although part of the deal was the original owners get to stay aboard and make the day to day decisions so they still make great beers. There’s just so many great independent guys in Broward alone, I just don’t go to funky Buddha much anymore.

The amount of money they were offered was a no brainer for them. Life changing money....

Great of them that they negotiated a role and decision making in the company

Advertisement
The amount of money they were offered was a no brainer for them. Life changing money....

Great of them that they negotiated a role and decision making in the company
No doubt. Those guys are set for life. Not to mention the money that Constellation put into expansion of their facilities and HUGE boost in distribution. They have done a great job of staying true to the recipes that made their company and not sacrificing quality for better profit margins like a lot of the craft beer companies that get bought out eventually do.

he is? That’s so random. I am too. Wanna visit Funky Buddah but they seem to “main stream” now. Kinda like what happened to Cigar City and out on the west coast, Stone brewery
Crowder talked about ordering Funky Buddha Top Guns on the show last week. Sadly, that’s one of the worst IPA’s in South FL. Funky was never close to CCB. The one great beer they’ve made is last snow and it’s variations. Which is a great accomplishment because most coconut beers are terrible. Everything else at Funky is crap. Nowadays the best IPAs are at Civil Society in Jupiter.

Advertisement
“ My favorite gator” is three words no cane should ever speak. There’s some gators I liked personally off the field /court but never as a player. Joakim and Jesse Palmer are two cool asa dudes. Really nice guys. That’s all the gator love you’ll ever hear from me.

No love for OG , Udonis Haslem?

What are your thoughts on Invasive Species. https://invasivespeciesbrewing.com/. I have only been there once but really enjoyed it.

What are your thoughts on Invasive Species. https://invasivespeciesbrewing.com/. I have only been there once but really enjoyed it.
Big fan. I was just there on Friday.They’re not afraid to experiment with some different flavors and ingredients. You’ll never find a simple Hef or basic porter on their menu. Sometimes the wacky stuff doesn’t work but most of the time you’re getting something really good that you can’t get anywhere else.

3 Sons in Dania Beach is top notch too. Their beers are great but what really separates their tap room is their kitchen. That’s the best spot to drink beer AND eat food.

Pompano Beach Brewing (formerly Bangin Bajo) is a good spot but they’re kind of in that no-man’s land area of west Pompano/Coconut Creek where there isn’t really anything else around.

Lauderale is in the warehouses near Port Everglades right where 595 ends. They do a really good job too. They’ve got a cool outdoor patio and have bands playing all the time. It’s a nice spot.

Advertisement

Here’s the craft beer discussion so is beer guys stop derailing the gator tears.

I was supposed to do my wedding last August at Funky Buddha, then COVID crapped on that. I still like their beer and vibe, probably because as you brought up, the original guys still have huge say in that. Hopefully by the time we can do our celebration we will be allowed to have some sense of normalcy, turned from a wedding to a sip and see now tho with our twins we had 5 week ago. 2021 really turned a lot of worlds upside down lol.

Advertisement
It used to be **** country on the south west coast area had the best breweries in the state. Cane country on the east coast is surpassing them now. 3 sons was rated the number one brewery in the USA a couple years ago.
See...We can talk beer and still bash UF @RVACane 😂

Crowder talked about ordering Funky Buddha Top Guns on the show last week. Sadly, that’s one of the worst IPA’s in South FL. Funky was never close to CCB. The one great beer they’ve made is last snow and it’s variations. Which is a great accomplishment because most coconut beers are terrible. Everything else at Funky is crap. Nowadays the best IPAs are at Civil Society in Jupiter.
Not a big IPA fan, but a couple of years ago they had a brown or Scotch or Belgian strong ale that was pretty **** good.

Not a big IPA fan, but a couple of years ago they had a brown or Scotch or Belgian strong ale that was pretty **** good.
Most of their good beers are seasonal or limited releases. Honestly, their flagship beers are mostly average. Hop Gun is a super generic, bitter IPA just like Cigar City Jai Alai. Floridian is just Hefeweizen. Nothing particularly special about it. They also mass market an American style lager that I guess is supposed to appeal to Bud/Miller drinkers but...meh. I think a majority of the beer market still likes things generic because the most popular/largest distributed craft beers are always mediocre. But their special releases and seasonal beers are still really impressive. They also added a huge barrel room so they’re putting out a ton of barrel aged stuff now too.

Advertisement
Back