Tears Gator Tears

Except Tebow wasn’t half the athlete that Hill is at 23, let alone 33. The delusional gator fan thinks Tebow is some superior athlete but in reality his athleticism was average at best. He’s a 6’3” 230 pound 33 year old guy who runs a ~4.8 40. In other words, there’s one of him at every local gym in the state.

Agreed, except I seriously doubt he runs a 4.8. Probably in the 5.3 range

Advertisement
This completely reminds me of another stubborn **** UF coach. Good ole Dbag Spurrier who thought he could rock the NFL with Wuerrfell bombs to Candi loving Taylor Jacobs. The fact he wanted to draft Toney at 25 and took a 2nd string OSU TE over Jordan says it all. Jordan has more receiving yards in his last game than that dude had in his entire career. The only valid excuse not to take Jordan was that he’s smallish and maybe not as en elite of blocker as the OSU kid. However, you then sign a guy smaller and slower than Jordan to catch who’s 33 freaking years old and never played the position. Total Homer moves by Liar.

I was being generous. He was laser times at 4.71 at the combine but that was 12 years ago so he’s probably closer to 5.0 than 4.7 these days.

Yeah I knew he had run like under a 4.9 at the combine, but like you said that’s 12 years ago, and guys train specifically to run that 40 before the combine. He’s just not a great runner to begin with in the sense that he’s never been a breakaway guy.

The way Urban used him at the UFail was to bowl over people at or near the LOS. I can’t remember a single highlight of him breaking away.

****, we don’t even know how good his hands are.

Except Tebow wasn’t half the athlete that Hill is at 23, let alone 33. The delusional gator fan thinks Tebow is some superior athlete but in reality his athleticism was average at best. He’s a 6’3” 230 pound 33 year old guy who runs a ~4.8 40. In other words, there’s one of him at every local gym in the state.

How dare you...didn't you see that Gaytor porst that implied that nearly every defensive player in the NFL would be scared to tackle Tight End Tebow (his new and more accurate name)?

Advertisement
Yeah I knew he had run like under a 4.9 at the combine, but like you said that’s 12 years ago, and guys train specifically to run that 40 before the combine. He’s just not a great runner to begin with in the sense that he’s never been a breakaway guy.

The way Urban used him at the UFail was to bowl over people at or near the LOS. I can’t remember a single highlight of him breaking away.

****, we don’t even know how good his hands are.

Aaron Hernandez said that Tebow had GREAT hands...

It's not so much his athleticism (or lack thereof) but the intangibles. Rex Ryan who coached him with the Jets spoke glowingly of Tebow because of work ethic and leadership potential. He is an asset in the locker/weight room. He will probably end up coaching in some capacity if he wants to do that. There were rumors that Urban actually wanted him as an assistant before actually having him try out as a player.

Advertisement
It's not so much his athleticism (or lack thereof) but the intangibles. Rex Ryan who coached him with the Jets spoke glowingly of Tebow because of work ethic and leadership potential. He is an asset in the locker/weight room. He will probably end up coaching in some capacity if he wants to do that. There were rumors that Urban actually wanted him as an assistant before actually having him try out as a player.
It's the pros. You've got 53 roster spots and if you're using one of them on a glorified cheerleader, you're running your organization poorly. I would not be surprised to see him end up in some kind of coaching position, especially since Urban would take him on pretty quickly. The whole leadership/locker room stuff is meaningless. If I'm an NFL player, I'm not paying attention to some third string tight end making speeches in the weight room. Respect in the pros is earned by on field performance and he's done nothing to earn any respect besides getting a favortism camp invite from his college coach. This whole situation reminds me of little league when the coach would make his kid the starting pitcher even though there were kids that were much better than him.

Besides, a lot of the former gators who played with Tebow have come out after the fact and admitted that his shtick got corny. Especially the guys on the defensive side that were carrying the team that last season.

Advertisement
Yeah that's not going to work when most of the locker room will probably feel like he doesn't deserve to be there. Players are a tight knit group and I'm sure they all know a tight end some where on somebody's practice squad who is a better player and more deserving.

Yeah that's not going to work when most of the locker room will probably feel like he doesn't deserve to be there. Players are a tight knit group and I'm sure they all know a tight end some where on somebody's practice squad who is a better player and more deserving.
that's probably why he is being asked to "try out". He will either earn their respect or not.

Rubio graduated from UM School of Law. Tebow has a degree in family, youth, and community sciences from UF.

Maybe a comparison to Hutson, who tried to shaft the NIL, would be more appropro considering Tebow's trying to destroy sports.

Rubio was in my class at UM Law. Trust me, the comparison is accurate.

And I'm sure that if Tebow wanted to go to UF Law, they would let him do so.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's the pros. You've got 53 roster spots and if you're using one of them on a glorified cheerleader, you're running your organization poorly. I would not be surprised to see him end up in some kind of coaching position, especially since Urban would take him on pretty quickly. The whole leadership/locker room stuff is meaningless. If I'm an NFL player, I'm not paying attention to some third string tight end making speeches in the weight room. Respect in the pros is earned by on field performance and he's done nothing to earn any respect besides getting a favortism camp invite from his college coach. This whole situation reminds me of little league when the coach would make his kid the starting pitcher even though there were kids that were much better than him.

Besides, a lot of the former gators who played with Tebow have come out after the fact and admitted that his shtick got corny. Especially the guys on the defensive side that were carrying the team that last season.

I am just going by what Ryan had to say about him when he was with the Jets and now Urban is trying to get him some spot on the team based on his college experience with him. Maybe the way to earn respect on the Jaguars is by going through the grind of try outs. Like I mentioned in another post, either he will earn that respect or he won't. Urban will have to deal with it.

And if I am player, I am only concerned about my own spot not some other guy's. That's the coach's job to worry about who he wants on the team, not the players.

What the **** did TrumpyCane just read

Were you one of the boys Tebow circumcised and took advantage of and now you have Stockholm syndrome?

What the **** did TrumpyCane just read

Were you one of the boys Tebow circumcised and took advantage of and now you have Stockholm syndrome?

Not sure what TrumpyCane just read. In Salt's experience, people who speak of themselves in 3rd person may be in need of some strong psychotropics.

Advertisement
Back