Tears Gator Tears

It's suspect on its face. The only quantifiable metric besides number of 247 recruits they give you is % of recruits drafted. We got a higher number, but then they claim some wonky "development rating." Makes no sense. I say show your work or GTFO.

This is correct. There is no stated methodology that explains the calculation of the "development rating". I can only say this, the "development rating" appears to increase if you have more recruits. So if one school had 20 Top 247 recruits, and 10 were drafted, but another school had 40 Top 247 recruits and 20 were drafted, the second school would have a higher "development rating".

Thus, even though Miami has a HIGHER percentage of Top 247 players drafted, we are aced out by the fact that UiF signed more Top 247 recruits. Which, of course, seems silly on its face when there is no clear way to understand the mathematical calculation.

Advertisement
Guys I’m heading in tomorrow for another knee replacement ,my third.This is actually a replacement of a replacement that is coming loose at the bottom where it connects to the bone.

‘TOC and OCCC I’m putting you in charge of making sure this thread doesn’t hit the 2nd page.I should be back at my post on Wednesday to take back over.

‘if you guys have a spare spot in your prayers tonight I would appreciate a shout out to the big guy upstairs for a successful operation.

See you guys in a couple days...

We'll be thinking of you and praying for you to come out of the surgery better than ever. Don't worry about the board, we'll take good care of it for you!

This is correct. There is no stated methodology that explains the calculation of the "development rating". I can only say this, the "development rating" appears to increase if you have more recruits. So if one school had 20 Top 247 recruits, and 10 were drafted, but another school had 40 Top 247 recruits and 20 were drafted, the second school would have a higher "development rating".

Thus, even though Miami has a HIGHER percentage of Top 247 players drafted, we are aced out by the fact that UiF signed more Top 247 recruits. Which, of course, seems silly on its face when there is no clear way to understand the mathematical calculation.

It seems like the school with the highest percentage of players drafted would have the highest “development rating” but I guess not
Yeah, I really don’t get how it works. I’d also think that kids who are outside the top 247 but are on scholarship and get drafted speaks to development as well. If UiF has 40 kids in the top 247 and we have 20, they should be getting more numbers drafted but what’s our percentage there and of the non-Top players getting drafted?

Yeah, I really don’t get how it works. I’d also think that kids who are outside the top 247 but are on scholarship and get drafted speaks to development as well. If UiF has 40 kids in the top 247 and we have 20, they should be getting more numbers drafted but what’s our percentage there and of the non-Top players getting drafted?
If anything it shows that Alabama and UF do a poor job of making their top 247 players into draft picks.

Once again disproving the "development" myth. Winning championships isn't necessarily about developing the handful of star recruits you sign. It's about signing as many star recruits as possible.

Advertisement

Shut your filthy mouth. The ONLY kids who count to the Gaytors are the blue-chippers. Everyone else is Gaytor Bait.

Long story short...

Golden: Hey Mr. Wilson! You got a really talented son and we think he can be a good CB but we think his best fit is safety.

Choad: Go fucc yourself you clueless tie man!

Golden: Mr. Wilson, I’m just being honest. It doesn’t mean we won’t give him a shot at CB.

Choad: Fucc you, fucc UM, and that troll AD! I’m going to go talk **** about this University for years and personally drive players away from UM because I’m so butthurt even though it wasn’t necessary.

Years later: Detroit Lions move him to safety because Quincy was a horrible NFL CB. Quincy is still in the league because of it.
Wasn't Golden coaching TEs on that Detroit squad at the time?

chris pratt cast GIF by HULU
I’m Baaaaaaaack...surgery went well and I’m up and heading home tomorrow.Thanks guys for all the prayers.Goes to show the power of prays works....Now let me mention a little game on Sept. 4th that we might want to get started on.It will take a few more prayers than my surgery did to make that come true....😜

chris pratt cast GIF by HULU
I’m Baaaaaaaack...surgery went well and I’m up and heading home tomorrow.Thanks guys for all the prayers.Goes to show the power of prays works....Now let me mention a little game on Sept. 4th that we might want to get started on.It will take a few more prayers than my surgery did to make that come true....😜

good to hear brother

Advertisement

Also where they were drafted should account for something.
Being drafted in the first round is not the same as being drafted in the seventh round.

Also where they were drafted should account for something.
Being drafted in the first round is not the same as being drafted in the seventh round.
That probably goes to development in their formula. Like the Top 32 are supposed to be future 1st rounders. I think it’s all Voodoo Math as one President said about Economics. All of those Top 247 kids should hypothetically get drafted. A perfect comparison is Phillips and Rousseau. By their logic,we could technically lose points on Phillips, who was the number 1 overall recruit and Rousseau wasn’t a Top 247 player so is he just ignored???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why take it out on the next two coaches is beyond me. That's why he will get the hate he gets......Richt and Diaz had nothing to do with it. The university didn't have anything to do with it......Golden was right but he still should have recruited him hard and got him to come then give him a chance if not move him later on. I mean it shouldn't be difficult to play corner in the ACC ffs.
Honestly when you watch the second half of Wilson's interview on Canesville he admits Quincy probably was never going to come here because we were so bad on D at the time. Watch the whole thing and you will see he straight contradicts himself.
You see the same thing with Earl Little Sr. Trying to come up with a bunch of reasons to justify Jr. not coming here. Really the reason is he doesn't think we have be good at developing cb's.

Advertisement
Back