Tears Gator Tears

I'm making the point about what the Gaytors are doing now, not what Miami did 12 years ago. I do not think Miami took Brandon McGee simply because he was a 4-star. I can understand that McGee was a HS position change, but he also developed rapidly at CB and played well at Miami.

Comparatively, Rogers seems to have failed as a position change athlete, which is why I was asking the question as to what the Gaytors thought of this kid, as a CB, at the time he committed (prior to switching to CB) and when he signed (after switching to CB), since we DEFINITELY know what they thought of him as a "4-star recruit".

Again, I'm not trying to say "never give 4-stars or more to a kid who switches positions in between his junior and senior years of HS", nor am I saying that it is always wrong to recruit these kids. But given that he washed out at DBU (and the Gaytors seem to be talking about another position change for him, were he to stay at UiF), it SEEMS LIKE maybe his senior year play as a CB might not have continued to support the 4-star "athlete" rating (unless you take into account the Gaytor Bumpz).

I know that's a roundabout way of saying things, but we've all seen the Gaytor fans screaming at various writers and moderators to "rate the Gaytor recruits higher". So I'm wondering if...maybe Rogers was a fine athlete...got a premature 4-star bump...may not have been the best CB as a senior...maintained the 4-star rating...and has now failed to benefit from all that great DB coaching at DBU...

Certainly, Turdbarrel is the more egregious over-rating, since I do not believe he played D-line even as a senior.

Anyhow, that's the hypothesis I am working from. As for UM, I am confident that we signed Brandon McGee for what we saw in him, even if he had been a 3-star. We didn't sign him just because of his 4-star rating as a QB or Athlete.
Definitely a big difference between McGee/Rogers situations and Slayton. The converted quarterbacks were rated 4 stars as athletes. Slayton was a 4 star rated Guard. That rating was strictly for him as a guard and not as a defensive tackle as he would likely have been rated 3 stars as a DT and guard was assumed to be his "money position" by everyone in the country outside of gainesville.

Advertisement
Gator fans recalculating as we speak

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN
Nope. Not when it goes against them. Ask TOC, they add his score back in a 2nd time when he transfers to another program as compensation.

Definitely a big difference between McGee/Rogers situations and Slayton. The converted quarterbacks were rated 4 stars as athletes. Slayton was a 4 star rated Guard. That rating was strictly for him as a guard and not as a defensive tackle as he would likely have been rated 3 stars as a DT and guard was assumed to be his "money position" by everyone in the country outside of gainesville.
This is facts about Slaton and it’s discussed in this thread. He wanted to play on the DL but his 4 star rating was as a guard, where we wanted him.

Advertisement
nope, he was in our 2020 class.

He was a high school QB who was making the move to cornerback. **** good athlete. Played in 3 games last year but NOTHING memorable good or bad. Hadn’t heard much about em during the spring but i guess he wanted a change of scenary. Talent is there, just need seasoning and good coaching

I was wrong. You corrected me.

Noted. :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's pivot for a second, and check in on pre-season #1 UF baseball.... 🥎 (that's a ladies softball emoticon, for the record).

They've played 24 games so far. 19 at home. Only 5 on the road. 55% of their games have been against mostly losing, powderpuff small-school programs. 🍦

RPI: 57
Non-conf RPI: 73
SOS: 83
Non-conf SOS: 145

They are 12-1 vs these overmatched teams:

UNF (not just a directional school, but north, which is universally known as the worst direction for a directional school)
Samford (and son)
FAMU (the HBCU that Samford went to I think)
GSU (Wrong GA and 5-21 so far)
Stetson (not the cowboy hat company, sadly)
Jacksonville (winless in the Reverend Moon... check that... Atlantic Sun Conference)

UF is 4-7 vs teams with a pulse:

Miami (we beat them in their stadium christening series!) :emot-canes:
FAU (props to the team that thinks people remember that Schnellenberger coached there for beating UF!)
FSU (they are coached by a **** Mike Martin once took. They also beat UF. ****!)
TXAM (beating a middling SEC team at home is literally the only decent thing UF has done this year)
USCe (big, bad #25 little e swept UF this past weekend, ouch!)

And these redneck vagines STILL have more games left against... wait for it... yep, Mercer, Stetson (three MORE lol), FAMU, and Jacksonville.

That is all. I hate UF. Enjoy the Tears. :tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let's pivot for a second, and check in on pre-season #1 UF baseball.... 🥎 (that's a ladies softball emoticon, for the record).

They've played 24 games so far. 19 at home. Only 5 on the road. 55% of their games have been against mostly losing, powderpuff small-school programs. 🍦

RPI: 57
Non-conf RPI: 73
SOS: 83
Non-conf SOS: 145

They are 12-1 vs these overmatched teams:

UNF (not just a directional school, but north, which is universally known as the worst direction for a directional school)
Samford (and son)
FAMU (the HBCU that Samford went to I think)
GSU (Wrong GA and 5-21 so far)
Stetson (not the cowboy hat company, sadly)
Jacksonville (winless in the Reverend Moon... check that... Atlantic Sun Conference)

UF is 4-7 vs teams with a pulse:

Miami (we beat them in their stadium christening series!) :emot-canes:
FAU (props to the team that thinks people remember that Schnellenberger coached there for beating UF!)
FSU (they are coached by a **** Mike Martin once took. They also beat UF. ****!)
TXAM (beating a middling SEC team at home is literally the only decent thing UF has done this year)
USCe (big, bad #25 little e swept UF this past weekend, ouch!)

And these redneck vagines STILL have more games left against... wait for it... yep, Mercer, Stetson (three MORE lol), FAMU, and Jacksonville.

That is all. I hate UF. Enjoy the Tears. :tears-of-joy:

I was looking at RPI last night and we definitely play a better out of conference schedule compared to FSU and UF hence why our RPI is higher.

That FSU series was a freaking anomaly imo...

Advertisement
Back