Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
They do live in mansions. They are known as doublewides in the shlthole known as Gainesville.

I’m guessing that you’ve never been there. For real, it’s an honest to goodness shlthole. They don’t even have a decent hotel in that town, and I’m not even kidding. There are some nice homes in a development or two outside of Gainesville proper, but the actual city itself is garbage.

To get any real culture, or even top-notch food, you literally have to drive over 100 miles.
I had the unfortunate punishment to have been thru Lake City and Gaynesville. I thought Missouri had some **** *** towns. Felt like I was driving through a more tropical southern Missouri, It's like they took the worst of every state and dropped it off right there from that stretch of the GA/FL border all the way thru Gaynesville and it's un-illustrious junior college.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's another loss from the class where a ton didn't make it to game 1. The DNQ's, visa kid, the CA kid, the sexual assaulter kid...

Nice job, Dan. Can I call you Dan? No? Ok, cool, DAN.

So is the kid a take?? I know he is a Gaytor, but we have had luck in the past with their transfers... Lingard for a DB a good trade??

Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's another loss from the class where a ton didn't make it to game 1. The DNQ's, visa kid, the CA kid, the sexual assaulter kid...

nope, he was in our 2020 class.

So is the kid a take?? I know he is a Gaytor, but we have had luck in the past with their transfers... Lingard for a DB a good trade??

He was a high school QB who was making the move to cornerback. **** good athlete. Played in 3 games last year but NOTHING memorable good or bad. Hadn’t heard much about em during the spring but i guess he wanted a change of scenary. Talent is there, just need seasoning and good coaching

Wrong.

The disastrous class was 2019. Rogers was in the 2020 class.

Still funny, because it's another hit for "DBU"...

Rogers is from the Dallas area, so I wouldn't expect him to have interest in UM. But, yes, this gives Lingard a clear pathway to playing in the nickel package.

Advertisement

He was a high school QB who was making the move to cornerback. **** good athlete. Played in 3 games last year but NOTHING memorable good or bad. Hadn’t heard much about em during the spring but i guess he wanted a change of scenary. Talent is there, just need seasoning and good coaching
Former QB huh? Mullen must not have been impressed with his arm when throwing a shoe. Asked him to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Soooo...NOT at UiF...

OK, all jokes aside, let me ask you an honest and direct question. Did Rogers make the move to CB in HS or Hogtown? The reason I am asking is comparable to the Turdbarrel Slaton question. Both Rogers and Slaton appear to be 4-star recruits who wanted to play different positions from what they played in HS. I am simply wondering who many HS reps this kid had at CB and whether that merited being listed as a 4-star CB recruit.

I'm not saying that every "position-change" kid needs to be 3-star or below, I'm just curious as to what Gaytor fans thought of this kid as a CB AT THE TIME HE WAS RECRUITED, or if the 4 stars just blinded everyone in the debate.

Former QB huh? Mullen must not have been impressed with his arm when throwing a shoe. Asked him to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Speaking of A SHOE...

1617205782904.png

Soooo...NOT at UiF...

OK, all jokes aside, let me ask you an honest and direct question. Did Rogers make the move to CB in HS or Hogtown? The reason I am asking is comparable to the Turdbarrel Slaton question. Both Rogers and Slaton appear to be 4-star recruits who wanted to play different positions from what they played in HS. I am simply wondering who many HS reps this kid had at CB and whether that merited being listed as a 4-star CB recruit.

I'm not saying that every "position-change" kid needs to be 3-star or below, I'm just curious as to what Gaytor fans thought of this kid as a CB AT THE TIME HE WAS RECRUITED, or if the 4 stars just blinded everyone in the debate.

he played cb his last year in HS but was qb/rb (you know how that goes) in years prior. As a cb, his film wasn’t proof he should of been the 87th player in the 2020 cycle. There were actually talk of him moving to slot wr but if it does happen, won’t be at UF

Advertisement
he played cb his last year in HS but was qb/rb (you know how that goes) in years prior. As a cb, his film wasn’t proof he should of been the 87th player in the 2020 cycle. There were actually talk of him moving to slot wr but if it does happen, won’t be at UF

Yeah, and what is weird as **** about that, is that UiF took his verbal in the summer of 2019, which was before he really put his CB play on film as a HS senior.

Y'all had that hot streak where you got about 8 guys in 5 weeks of summer when some of that bad juju was happening (guys not qualifying, legal issues, guys choosing to leave, etc.). I remember because a bunch of Gaytor fans were trying to use all those verbals as "look guys, no problems", and I kept pointing out the loss of ICs from all those 2019 guys leaving so quickly.

Because of all the stuff above, Rogers was really a guy that I pegged as "Gaytors taking a 4-star because of stars and recruiting momentum, not because of position/fit".

Speaking of A SHOE...

View attachment 145150

You know you read this, and see this picture, and almost feel sorry for him and his dad…

C1E493EC-3A12-4383-A421-99F4780675FD.jpeg

Naaaah, fūck ‘em. Choad and his kid deserve all the scorn they are getting from that one-horse shltbag hellhole of a town and fan base. Maybe next time how about a little more class instead of shltting on your Alma Mater, huh Choad? Your kids are busts, your beloved **** fanbase hates you and your kids, and you won’t find solace at the University of Miami, just a big fūck you

You know you read this, and see this picture, and almost feel sorry for him and his dad…

View attachment 145152

Naaaah, fūck ‘em. Choad and his kid deserve all the scorn they are getting from that one-horse shltbag hellhole of a town and fan base. Maybe next time how about a little more class instead of shltting on your Alma Mater, huh Choad? Your kids are busts, fūck you

100%.

I could have lived with Chad's kids picking UiF. Not thrilled, but I would have survived.

But the nastiness that Chad showed to UM? Unforgivable.

I hope to never see Chad at a UM event, because I don't have a very good filter or self-control about these types of things. It would be highly likely that I would say something I would regret. Well, not "regret" regret. But that might get me banned from future events.

Advertisement
100%.

I could have lived with Chad's kids picking UiF. Not thrilled, but I would have survived.

But the nastiness that Chad showed to UM? Unforgivable.

I hope to never see Chad at a UM event, because I don't have a very good filter or self-control about these types of things. It would be highly likely that I would say something I would regret. Well, not "regret" regret. But that might get me banned from future events.

Here’s the thing, yeah I would’ve hated them picking UF also, but this guy couldn’t keep his mouth shut talking shlt about UM. He’s a complete moron. Why do that? You decided to go over to the darkside, fine. But you earned yourself a big karma payback and it came through a lot sooner than I thought it would.

Yeah, and what is weird as **** about that, is that UiF took his verbal in the summer of 2019, which was before he really put his CB play on film as a HS senior.

Y'all had that hot streak where you got about 8 guys in 5 weeks of summer when some of that bad juju was happening (guys not qualifying, legal issues, guys choosing to leave, etc.). I remember because a bunch of Gaytor fans were trying to use all those verbals as "look guys, no problems", and I kept pointing out the loss of ICs from all those 2019 guys leaving so quickly.

Because of all the stuff above, Rogers was really a guy that I pegged as "Gaytors taking a 4-star because of stars and recruiting momentum, not because of position/fit".
We did a similar thing with Brandon McGee a few years back. He was classified as an “athlete” but was mostly a quarterback until his senior season of high school when he moved to corner.

We did a similar thing with Brandon McGee a few years back. He was classified as an “athlete” but was mostly a quarterback until his senior season of high school when he moved to corner.

I'm making the point about what the Gaytors are doing now, not what Miami did 12 years ago. I do not think Miami took Brandon McGee simply because he was a 4-star. I can understand that McGee was a HS position change, but he also developed rapidly at CB and played well at Miami.

Comparatively, Rogers seems to have failed as a position change athlete, which is why I was asking the question as to what the Gaytors thought of this kid, as a CB, at the time he committed (prior to switching to CB) and when he signed (after switching to CB), since we DEFINITELY know what they thought of him as a "4-star recruit".

Again, I'm not trying to say "never give 4-stars or more to a kid who switches positions in between his junior and senior years of HS", nor am I saying that it is always wrong to recruit these kids. But given that he washed out at DBU (and the Gaytors seem to be talking about another position change for him, were he to stay at UiF), it SEEMS LIKE maybe his senior year play as a CB might not have continued to support the 4-star "athlete" rating (unless you take into account the Gaytor Bumpz).

I know that's a roundabout way of saying things, but we've all seen the Gaytor fans screaming at various writers and moderators to "rate the Gaytor recruits higher". So I'm wondering if...maybe Rogers was a fine athlete...got a premature 4-star bump...may not have been the best CB as a senior...maintained the 4-star rating...and has now failed to benefit from all that great DB coaching at DBU...

Certainly, Turdbarrel is the more egregious over-rating, since I do not believe he played D-line even as a senior.

Anyhow, that's the hypothesis I am working from. As for UM, I am confident that we signed Brandon McGee for what we saw in him, even if he had been a 3-star. We didn't sign him just because of his 4-star rating as a QB or Athlete.

Advertisement
Back