Tears Gator Tears

Screenshot_20190816-095955_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Just so I'm clear prior to getting another cup of coffee.

UF does not have depth at OL and may be missing a starting RT.

They have no depth at CB and Wilson is coming off an ACL.

If Stewart does not play they have no depth at Safety.

If Conliffe and Slaton don't play coupled with a potentially injured Campbell playing at half strength they have no nose tackle depth.

Vegas has them as 8 point favorites?

UF fans think they beat us by 35 minimum?

What am I missing here honestly. I've watched a lot of football in my time. I've never seen something like this before. Is it the history of 15 years of **** performance (all things relative)? Is it our inexperience at the QB position (regardless of who it was including perry)? Is it the ending to last year for UF juxtaposed to our own? Manny Diaz's first game (although I argue with anyone he is a "1st year HC" considering 50% of the roster 100% has his mindset)?

I look at that UF team and for the life of me I can't sit here and go "wow THAT KID is dangerous/gamebreaker". They do not have a Percy Harvin type. Now I'm not saying we roll them. I'm just not seeing this crystal clear disparity. Someone help me here. Am I losing it? I really don't think so.

Right?! It makes no sense. And that offense.. I hate to beat a dead horse & spam the thread with these points, but no one outside of gainesville believes Franks is the heisman contender they believe he is. Pff has him as the 8th best QB in the SEC. He isn't preseason all conference. He was one of the worst QBs in the p5 against pressure & played poorly against teams with winning records. Their entire offensive line has to be replaced, with less talented players no less. They do not have a change of pace speed back on the roster & their TEs have barely played.

I have not seen a single counterpoint to any of this besides "we're better than Miami" & "nobody on Miami's roster scares me".

Right?! It makes no sense. And that offense.. I hate to beat a dead horse & spam the thread with these points, but no one outside of gainesville believes Franks is the heisman contender they believe he is. Pff has him as the 8th best QB in the SEC. He isn't preseason all conference. He was one of the worst QBs in the p5 against pressure & played poorly against teams with winning records. Their entire offensive line has to be replaced, with less talented players no less. They do not have a change of pace speed back on the roster & their TEs have barely played.

I have not seen a single counterpoint to any of this besides "we're better than Miami" & "nobody on Miami's roster scares me".

It baffles me it really does.

Im at the point now where either they legitimately murder us or we butt**** them up and down the field.

Just so I'm clear prior to getting another cup of coffee.

UF does not have depth at OL and may be missing a starting RT.

They have no depth at CB and Wilson is coming off an ACL.

If Stewart does not play they have no depth at Safety.

If Conliffe and Slaton don't play coupled with a potentially injured Campbell playing at half strength they have no nose tackle depth.

Vegas has them as 8 point favorites?

UF fans think they beat us by 35 minimum?

What am I missing here honestly. I've watched a lot of football in my time. I've never seen something like this before. Is it the history of 15 years of **** performance (all things relative)? Is it our inexperience at the QB position (regardless of who it was including perry)? Is it the ending to last year for UF juxtaposed to our own? Manny Diaz's first game (although I argue with anyone he is a "1st year HC" considering 50% of the roster 100% has his mindset)?

I look at that UF team and for the life of me I can't sit here and go "wow THAT KID is dangerous/gamebreaker". They do not have a Percy Harvin type. Now I'm not saying we roll them. I'm just not seeing this crystal clear disparity. Someone help me here. Am I losing it? I really don't think so.

I guarantee you its how they ended the season and how we ended ours. They are factoring in nothing about the coaching/culture. They just remember us getting beat by Wisconsin and them beating Michigan. They remember how pathetic the offense was under Richt. True, you cant just snap your fingers and make magic happen.

They say "Oh, well Manny coached that game against Wisconsin." He had one foot out the door getting ready for his new job at Temple. And oh, if you actually look at the game objectively the defense played well. The offense screwed them the entire time and put them in terrible situation after terrible situation. They just finally threw up their hands in the second half in frustration

I see uf a lot like us in 2018. Coming off a pretty good year with high hopes we are going in the right direction but it ended up being a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Advertisement
I guarantee you its how they ended the season and how we ended ours. They are factoring in nothing about the coaching/culture. They just remember us getting beat by Wisconsin and them beating Michigan. They remember how pathetic the offense was under Richt. True, you cant just snap your fingers and make magic happen.

They say "Oh, well Manny coached that game against Wisconsin." He had one foot out the door getting ready for his new job at Temple. And oh, if you actually look at the game objectively the defense played well. The offense screwed them the entire time and put them in terrible situation after terrible situation. They just finally threw up their hands in the second half in frustration

I see uf a lot like us in 2018. Coming off a pretty good year with high hopes we are going in the right direction but it ended up being a lot of smoke and mirrors.

I cannot wait for this game.

We cannot lose it lol.

Vegas tries to get equal action on both sides. The line is about what it should be based off last year.

If it was UF -3, there’d be a TON of money on UF and the books would be setting themselves up for a potential loss. This line is generating 2-way action, which is what they want.

I’m getting more confident by the day as well, but Miami has big holes just like the sheep****ers do. The experience edge at QB is what holds a lot of weight. We know Franks sucks, but he wasn’t awful the last 4 games and that’s what people are banking on vs a kid making his first start.

The team with the better QB wins the majority of the time. It’s an erratic but experienced Franks vs a complete unknown. Line is about what it should be. But too bad for these ****heads, they don’t really get a TD to start the game. We’re kicking this bad boy at 0-0 and let’s get after it.

Vegas tries to get equal action on both sides. The line is about what it should be based off last year.

If it was UF -3, there’d be a TON of money on UF and the books would be setting themselves up for a potential loss. This line is generating 2-way action, which is what they want.

I’m getting more confident by the day as well, but Miami has big holes just like the sheep****ers do. The experience edge at QB is what holds a lot of weight. We know Franks sucks, but he wasn’t awful the last 4 games and that’s what people are banking on vs a kid making his first start.

The team with the better QB wins the majority of the time. It’s an erratic but experienced Franks vs a complete unknown. Line is about what it should be. But too bad for these ****heads, they don’t really get a TD to start the game. We’re kicking this bad boy at 0-0 and let’s get after it.

I would 100% agree with this but we both know Franks was being helped tremendously by that OL.

I fully expect our DL to get to him 5 to 7+ times for sacks. Honest to god.

Advertisement
@RVACane we may need you to stay late on 8/24 and 8/25. We can talk to the mods to get you some interns. Collecting all the tears from every corner of jortsville is going to be a momentous job, and we thank you for your service.
I’m actually worried about it, not only how I am going to be able to collect a good amount of the tears, but more so, how am I going to manage to take care of my necessities in life, like doing my job at work, with all of the fallout we anticipate.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I thought that was the name for Welsh or Scottish?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back