Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Advertisement
4 of their top 9 players in the 2019 class gone. They have like 6 4 stars who didn’t make it in or transferred out. Wardrick Wilson will make 7 th 4 star gone if he doesn’t make it in

U have the definitive list of 2019 kids who haven’t enrolled yet? I wanna see sumptin

giphy (1).gif

Advertisement
4 star Chris steele top signee transferred
4 star diwun black did not qualify
4 star arjei Henderson did not qualify
4 star devayie hammond did not qualify
4 star jalon Jones qb dismissed

4star wardrick still up in the air

Gaytors will claim that the class is still Top 10 (you can only rank on National Signing Day, and at no other time).

Gaytors will claim that even without those 6, it is still a Top 15 class.

Gaytors will claim that you should include Brenton Cox.

Gaytors will claim that Chris Steele was homesick since December 2018, that they do not have a pattern of domestic/sexual abuse being overlooked, and that the IC rules do not apply to them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Take a look at this thread:

I know that I shouldn't help the Gaytors, but here's the issue.

It is NOT that "Florida wants to be like Vanderbilt". I guaran-*******-tee you that UF doesn't have an Admissions Office that requires an SAT score or a GPA that is one-one-thousandth of a point higher than the NCAA minimum.

Now, some of the Gaytor signees may have failed to make the minimum SAT/GPA per the NCAA standards. But there are at least a couple who have failed in a different way, and it has to do with the APR rules.

Even if a kid can crank the test score and the GPA (and we all know about sordid ways this can be accomplished, by "retaking" multiple classes "online"), if he cannot be enrolled in coursework that begins to count towards Academic Progress TOWARDS A DEGREE, then he is likely to become ineligible for APR reasons and/or hurt the school's APR numbers.

In other words, you can just enroll a guy in a year's worth of remedial courses, just to get him to the point where he CAN take a math class such as business calculus. In fact, with all of the academic competition at good schools, it is hard to even find a Division I school that offers a bunch of remedial courses. A 30,000 student school like UF isn't set up to cater to 5 or 6 academically-risky football players every year.

So UF has to cut the cord and let those kids take courses at a JuCo or a prep school. Then they don't hurt UiF's APR numbers, and they can (maybe) take those kids down the line.

And I have no sympathy for them.

Just so I'm clear prior to getting another cup of coffee.

UF does not have depth at OL and may be missing a starting RT.

They have no depth at CB and Wilson is coming off an ACL.

If Stewart does not play they have no depth at Safety.

If Conliffe and Slaton don't play coupled with a potentially injured Campbell playing at half strength they have no nose tackle depth.

Vegas has them as 8 point favorites?

UF fans think they beat us by 35 minimum?

What am I missing here honestly. I've watched a lot of football in my time. I've never seen something like this before. Is it the history of 15 years of **** performance (all things relative)? Is it our inexperience at the QB position (regardless of who it was including perry)? Is it the ending to last year for UF juxtaposed to our own? Manny Diaz's first game (although I argue with anyone he is a "1st year HC" considering 50% of the roster 100% has his mindset)?

I look at that UF team and for the life of me I can't sit here and go "wow THAT KID is dangerous/gamebreaker". They do not have a Percy Harvin type. Now I'm not saying we roll them. I'm just not seeing this crystal clear disparity. Someone help me here. Am I losing it? I really don't think so.

Advertisement
Back