Tears Gator Tears

Mark Wheeler's notes on the 2nd scrimmage:

I was told that once again Feleipe Franks 'balled out.'

WELL, HE IS A HEISMAN CANDIDATE WHO WILL BE IN NEW YORK CITY IN DECEMBER, SO THIS MAKES SENSE.

There were no interceptions thrown by any of the three quarterbacks.

WAIT, DOES THIS MEAN THE QBS ARE GOOD, OR THAT DBU SUCKS? WE ALL KNOW THAT MULLET WASN'T LETTING HIS NON-HEISMAN-CANDIDATES THROW A BUNCH OF PASSES.

Emory Jones
made his big plays running the ball.

EXACTLY. THIS IS WHY HE HAD NO INTERCEPTIONS.

Freddie Swain
, Josh Hammond, Lamical Perine and Tyrie Cleveland all scored touchdowns.

WELL, WE ALL KNOW THAT THE GAYTORS HAVE THE BEST RECEIVER ROOM IN THE COUNTRY. I GUESS THAT DBU DOES SUCK.

Dameon Pierce
had several big runs.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT THIS MYTH OF THE GAYTORS "IMPROVING" ON DEFENSE WAS JUST A SMOKE-SCREEN.

Jabari Zuniga
, Jon Greenard and the new guy Brenton Cox all had sacks.

I LOVE HOW THEY SAY "NEW GUY" AS IF HE WILL ACTUALLY BE ELIGIBLE IN 2019. SO THAT'S ONE GUY THEY ACTUALLY RECRUITED, AND TWO TRANSFERS, ONE WHO WILL NOT PLAY AGAINST UM. I'M NOT WORRIED.

Guards Brent Heggie and Chris Bleich looked the best along the starting offensive line, but the entire group had a solid day.

SO, NOT SUCH A GOOD PERFORMANCE BY THE TACKLES. OH, I'M SORRY, THEY WERE "SOLID". FANTASTIC, AS LONG AS THEY DON'T BLOCK EACH OTHER, AGAIN, OR MAKE OUT ON THE SIDELINE, AGAIN.

I was told that the offensive line looked better tonight than they did in the first scrimmage.

AND THEY MAKE FUN OF US FOR USING EUPHEMISMS TO DESCRIBE OUR OL PLAY.

When I asked who the standout was on defense, the reply was CJ Henderson.

SO THE "ALL-WORLD" FIRST ROUND PICK WAS THE STANDOUT ON DEFENSE. I TOLD YOU THAT THEIR DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENT WAS OVERRATED.

Advertisement

WELL, HE IS A HEISMAN CANDIDATE WHO WILL BE IN NEW YORK CITY IN DECEMBER, SO THIS MAKES SENSE.

WAIT, DOES THIS MEAN THE QBS ARE GOOD, OR THAT DBU SUCKS? WE ALL KNOW THAT MULLET WASN'T LETTING HIS NON-HEISMAN-CANDIDATES THROW A BUNCH OF PASSES.

Emory Jones

Freddie Swain

WELL, WE ALL KNOW THAT THE GAYTORS HAVE THE BEST RECEIVER ROOM IN THE COUNTRY. I GUESS THAT DBU DOES SUCK.

Dameon Pierce
had several big runs.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT THIS MYTH OF THE GAYTORS "IMPROVING" ON DEFENSE WAS JUST A SMOKE-SCREEN.

Jabari Zuniga

I LOVE HOW THEY SAY "NEW GUY" AS IF HE WILL ACTUALLY BE ELIGIBLE IN 2019. SO THAT'S ONE GUY THEY ACTUALLY RECRUITED, AND TWO TRANSFERS, ONE WHO WILL NOT PLAY AGAINST UM. I'M NOT WORRIED.

Guards Brent Heggie and Chris Bleich looked the best along the starting offensive line, but the entire group had a solid day.

SO, NOT SUCH A GOOD PERFORMANCE BY THE TACKLES. OH, I'M SORRY, THEY WERE "SOLID". FANTASTIC, AS LONG AS THEY DON'T BLOCK EACH OTHER, AGAIN, OR MAKE OUT ON THE SIDELINE, AGAIN.

I was told that the offensive line looked better tonight than they did in the first scrimmage.

SO THE "ALL-WORLD" FIRST ROUND PICK WAS THE STANDOUT ON DEFENSE. I TOLD YOU THAT THEIR DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENT WAS OVERRATED.
Best fluff piece of a scrimmage I’ve ever seen. No body played bad. Everyone was fantastic!

Henderson is the standout but the secondary gave up 4 receiving touchdowns?

I am no football X and O's wizard but how is a team gonna cover 2 gifted tight ends at the same time with garbage safetys? A linebacker? Yeah good luck with that. Then 2 other wideouts on the field? Forget it

Emory Jones

Freddie Swain

Dameon Pierce
had several big runs.

Jabari Zuniga

So the DL dominated but the Ol had a solid day and they ran like crazy but the DL played well WTF?

Advertisement
Henderson is the standout but the secondary gave up 4 receiving touchdowns?

I am no football X and O's wizard but how is a team gonna cover 2 gifted tight ends at the same time with garbage safetys? A linebacker? Yeah good luck with that. Then 2 other wideouts on the field? Forget it

Play zone and hope the QB makes mistakes.

Advertisement
Keep a mental record of all these turds and their writers white knighting for Mullet. Now watch how they turn on him after we kick their aśś on 8/24, sending them on their way to a 5 to 6 loss season along with a recruiting class that finishes outside of the top 15. Every single one of these will say what a D Bag he is and should have been fired before season.

We are the only ones with a distinct advantage in this matchup. Our front 7 against their o line and backs. Everything else is a wash. If we are hyper aggressive and dominate in this phase like we should. It will be another Notre Dame. Franks will have to get rid of it quick over the middle. With our DBs heads will roll. I can’t wait.

We are the only ones with a distinct advantage in this matchup. Our front 7 against their o line and backs. Everything else is a wash. If we are hyper aggressive and dominate in this phase like we should. It will be another Notre Dame. Franks will have to get rid of it quick over the middle. With our DBs heads will roll. I can’t wait.

Looking at their depth chart they have legit starters and quality depth at 3 positions. WR, DT, S. They have less depth at safety this season than they did last season with Gardner and Edwards gone, and Stewart potentially out.

What's worse is at CB/Nickel, DE, and every OL position their second string is predominantly True or RS Freshman.

Advertisement
Looking at their depth chart they have legit starters and quality depth at 3 positions. WR, DT, S. They have less depth at safety this season than they did last season with Gardner and Edwards gone, and Stewart potentially out.

What's worse is at CB/Nickel, DE, and every OL position their second string is predominantly True or RS Freshman.
I agree. I think their WRs won’t matter due to constant pressure. They would have to win the 50/50 balls because there will be a lot. A few of them might leave on stretchers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back