Tears Gator Tears

Mullet admits that UM and UF are rivals. Maybe the Gaytor fans can now shut up (we know that won't happen, though):

Asked the importance of that matchup, Mullen said, "I think it's huge. I mean, there's a lot that goes into that game. We're the opening game of the 150th year of college football. So it's a great honor to just be involved in that game. You have the -- everyone that's been really -- can't wait for college football to start, we get to kick the season off with getting to watch Florida play Miami.

"And on top of it, being a big rivalry game, you know, within the State of Florida. And, you know, it's not one that's played all the time, but there's a lot of tradition in that game and there's a lot of people I feel have very strong opinions and are happy that that game's being played, and to get to see that rivalry be played is really exciting. And to start off the season. You know, I mean, it is -- it is a huge -- it's going to be a huge, you know, kind of catapult for one of the teams. Whoever wins that game ends up really kicking off the season on the right note with a big win in a big game with a lot of national exposure.

"It's a big game for us. It's exciting to be a part of it, and I know our players are excited to play in it."

Advertisement
Making things up, and thinking the whole world is out to get you. I hope you have someone to talk to about all this.

You also actually make my point in the last paragraph of your diatribe. After WW2 they went all in on soccer, which led Nike to establish their Niche via running shoes in the 1970s and 1980s.

I alway appreciate when people do the heavy lifting for me, thanks!

Now you're just changing your argument in a desperate attempt to save face.

You said this:

"2.0 is right, Adidas and Puma (the companies founded by the Dassler brothers) got their start in soccer cleats. "

You are wrong. Adidas did NOT "get their start in soccer cleats". It was running shoes. Spiked running shoes.

Mullet admits that UM and UF are rivals. Maybe the Gaytor fans can now shut up (we know that won't happen, though):

Asked the importance of that matchup, Mullen said, "I think it's huge. I mean, there's a lot that goes into that game. We're the opening game of the 150th year of college football. So it's a great honor to just be involved in that game. You have the -- everyone that's been really -- can't wait for college football to start, we get to kick the season off with getting to watch Florida play Miami.

"And on top of it, being a big rivalry game, you know, within the State of Florida. And, you know, it's not one that's played all the time, but there's a lot of tradition in that game and there's a lot of people I feel have very strong opinions and are happy that that game's being played, and to get to see that rivalry be played is really exciting. And to start off the season. You know, I mean, it is -- it is a huge -- it's going to be a huge, you know, kind of catapult for one of the teams. Whoever wins that game ends up really kicking off the season on the right note with a big win in a big game with a lot of national exposure.

"It's a big game for us. It's exciting to be a part of it, and I know our players are excited to play in it."

Is it really a rivalry when you won 1 game in 30 years

This is classic

This poster said Us Miami fans have a 2nd grade reading level but not only used the wrong break but his punctuation is terrible.

Now you're just changing your argument in a desperate attempt to save face.

You said this:

"2.0 is right, Adidas and Puma (the companies founded by the Dassler brothers) got their start in soccer cleats. "

You are wrong. Adidas did NOT "get their start in soccer cleats". It was running shoes. Spiked running shoes.

Well the combined entity didn't sure, but I clearly said the two separate companies which weren't a thing until post-WW2, when the focus on soccer (and each other) blew up (along with their revenue stream / place in the public consciousness). This oversight cost them dearly when it let Nike slip in the backdoor.

I appreciate that you obsess over being absolutely right all the time, but sometimes it just doesn't happen and you seem to see what you want to see an awful lot.

So let's chill out and get this thread back on track. Whose got a picture of that little girl crossbowing a Gator?

Advertisement
Look the Nike vs Adidas debate is stupid.

Like I said before Miami and Adidas was a **** match made in Heaven.

The whole, “Miami fans are delusional about their defense” argument is so weird.
It’s one thing to think we are wrong. That’s fine. But it’s not “delusional.” Phil Steele just listed us as the second best defense in college football. Clearly a lot of third party sources agree with us about the defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back