Tears Gator Tears

There is raiford... Something about death row protests when another execution stay gets granted.

I know that area well, my sister went to UF and I got my graduate tax law degree from UF. ****, Starke/Raiford is a half-an-hour or more from campus (there are 3 well-documented speed traps on US 301 - in Waldo, Starke, and Lawtey).

Still...Gainesville is a big nothing as far as things to do. ****, the movie "Doc Hollywood" (where Michael J. Fox gets stranded in a backwards country town) was filmed 10 minutes south of Gainesville in Micanopy.

Good lord, I hate Gaines-*******-ville and Talla-*******-hassee...

Advertisement
I know that area well, my sister went to UF and I got my graduate tax law degree from UF. ****, Starke/Raiford is a half-an-hour or more from campus (there are 3 well-documented speed traps on US 301 - in Waldo, Starke, and Lawtey).

Still...Gainesville is a big nothing as far as things to do. ****, the movie "Doc Hollywood" (where Michael J. Fox gets stranded in a backwards country town) was filmed 10 minutes south of Gainesville in Micanopy.

Yeah. I been through there a few times. Had an old friend that was on death row there.

Gainesville is the worst of all. At least TLH has good restaurants due to the lobbyists.

Good point.

Hogtown doesn’t even have a decent hotel.

Seriously, can anybody name one decent hotel there - I’d like to know for the next time I go up for a baseball game or the rare basketball game, well no football of course, but I have family that runs the gator relays every year so there’s that

Seriously would like some feedback on anybody that's stayed in hotels up there recently

Good point.

Seriously, can anybody name one decent hotel there - I’d like to know for the next time I go up for a baseball game or the rare basketball game, well no football of course, but I have family that runs the gator relays every year so there’s that

Seriously would like some feedback on anybody that's stayed in hotels up there recently

Have you tried

Trailerbednbedbugs.com?

Or

bestwesternbodilyfluids.com?

Advertisement

Nice to know that they can house their players in big spacious dorms. The racquetball court and team shower must be great for bonding.

Good point.

Google "best hotel in Gainesville Florida".

Expedia comes up with this gem:

Luxury Hotels in Gainesville $35

Trivago says this:

Results for "hotel five star gainesville"

Unfortunately, no hotels meet your search criteria.
Remove filters or view trivago's suggestions below.

Trip Advisor has this headline:

The 10 Best Hotels in Gainesville, FL for 2018 (from $58) - TripAdvisor

Google "best hotel in Gainesville Florida".

Expedia comes up with this gem:

Luxury Hotels in Gainesville $35

Trivago says this:

Results for "hotel five star gainesville"

Unfortunately, no hotels meet your search criteria.
Remove filters or view trivago's suggestions below.

Trip Advisor has this headline:

The 10 Best Hotels in Gainesville, FL for 2018 (from $58) - TripAdvisor

Literally hilarious...so much so because it’s true.

It’s probably better to just go ahead and get arrested in Gainesville and sleep in a jailhouse cot. As long as you don’t sleep on your stomach, you’re good.

Literally hilarious...so much so because it’s true.

It’s probably better to just go ahead and get arrested in Gainesville and sleep in a jailhouse cot. As long as you don’t sleep on your stomach, you’re good.

I'm just being honest, but any time we play in Gainesville or Tallahassee, I make sure to drive back to Orlando that night, no matter what time it is.

The only POSSIBLE place I would consider staying in Gainesville is the Hilton on 34th Street. When I lived in Gainesville, I lived about a mile north in the Littlewood area (regular houses, no apartments).

Advertisement
Yea I know that Hilton. Haven’t stayed there in years. But it’s not a great Hilton to begin with, and if anything is going on, you better book months in advance. Like I said, I have some family member that run track, and unfortunately once or twice a year, they have to run there.

Still refreshing to know that w/ fans like this, my relative will stay gainfully employed. He’s a psych doctor, just in case u were wondering.
Do you have his card...I can't shake this Putin Derangement Syndrome.

Despite some thinking I'm a rightwing neo-Fascist, I'm still a registered Democrat. That's the source of the Putin disease. That's why I think Putin is behind everything. Including the presidential erection. Otherwise, I'd think it was Soros.

Yea I know that Hilton. Haven’t stayed there in years. But it’s not a great Hilton to begin with, and if anything is going on, you better book months in advance. Like I said, I have some family member that run track, and unfortunately once or twice a year, they have to run there.

Yeah, that Hilton was new when I lived in Gainesville, so if it has slipped, I've got no alternatives. When I was an undergrad and I went up there for a fraternity function, I stayed in some craptastic fleabag on 441 south of the campus, and I swore I wouldn't do THAT again.

Maybe try Ocala. I think they have a nice spot or two (including a Hilton), with all of the horse breeders and trainers who go in and out.

Advertisement
I was going to suggest Ocala. Driving through I think I saw several new hotels there.

Yeah, Ocala is a small Florida town that gives you a reason to visit. It's not huge, but the horse industry helps to sustain that whole area.

Gainesville would have no reason to exist if not for UF. Literally, you could put UF on any patch of empty land in Florida, and a small (crappy) town would rise up around it.

Yeah. I been through there a few times. Had an old friend that was on death row there.
AS part of my job, I have interviewed an inmate on death row and it was very unsettling. The inmate was a serial killer and lived his life 23 hours a day in his cell and one hour in a supervised yard. When he was executed the world was a better place.

Advertisement
I was going to suggest Ocala. Driving through I think I saw several new hotels there.

Yeah, that Hilton was new when I lived in Gainesville, so if it has slipped, I've got no alternatives. When I was an undergrad and I went up there for a fraternity function, I stayed in some craptastic fleabag on 441 south of the campus, and I swore I wouldn't do THAT again.

Maybe try Ocala. I think they have a nice spot or two (including a Hilton), with all of the horse breeders and trainers who go in and out.

Yeah, Ocala is a small Florida town that gives you a reason to visit. It's not huge, but the horse industry helps to sustain that whole area.

Gainesville would have no reason to exist if not for UF. Literally, you could put UF on any patch of empty land in Florida, and a small (crappy) town would rise up around it.

I should have mentioned this.

On at least two occasions, I actually have stayed in Ocala. So you guys are absolutely right. It might be hard to believe, but they have a reasonable selection of hotels for a town that size that are kept to much nicer and modern standards than the ones in Gainesville. Hard to believe since Ocala is a smaller town, but it’s actually a nicer place.

God, Gainesville is objectively such a destitute shlthole.

Have pulled a few loads through there as a truck driver, and GF is a lawyer UF alum (I forgive her, she wanted to go to UM for law school, but she was pretty much paying her own way, so no.)

Gainesville has a few good BBQ places, but thats pretty much it. Several places are not safe. Even GF doesnt want to live there, but thats where her office is, so thats that.

Ocala is more fun than Gainesville. Jeebus.

(Taking her down to Tampa to a Joan Jett concert in June. Trying to coax her to get out of Gainesville and find a fun place to live.)

Tampa is plenty fun. ;)

Have pulled a few loads through there as a truck driver, and GF is a lawyer UF alum (I forgive her, she wanted to go to UM for law school, but she was pretty much paying her own way, so no.)

Gainesville has a few good BBQ places, but thats pretty much it. Several places are not safe. Even GF doesnt want to live there, but thats where her office is, so thats that.

Ocala is more fun than Gainesville. Jeebus.

(Taking her down to Tampa to a Joan Jett concert in June. Trying to coax her to get out of Gainesville and find a fun place to live.)

Tampa is plenty fun. ;)
Make sure you take her to channelside or Tampa riverwalk afterwards...

Advertisement
Back