Tears Gator Tears

I’m glad that the times I’ve been to Gainesville, it’s always been for an event. A couple of Blue & White weekends (a lot of fun and debauchery lol), covered an NIT game between JU and Florida, and some concerts at the O’Connell Center.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We had 4, no twins, but when does it get better? Youngest is 40 and I’m still waiting for that better thing. Twins must be a real adventure. God Bless them.
It’s just more motivation. My twins sleep schedule was all over the place. We figured out we would get more sleep if we slept n separate rooms. I was sleeping In one room with one and my wife in a room with the other and the nighttime routine of Getting 12 bottles ready with 2 different formulas. You bet your **** I needed to hear it gets better. The diapers!! The **** diapers!!! Not to mention they were under weight so even if they slept we had to wake them up to feed.

Advertisement
HOLYFCKYOUHAVETWINS??????!!SONOFAFCKINGBTCHYOUREGONNADIEOFTHESLEEPDEPRIVATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that just kind of slipped out. Think nothing of it, I haven't been getting much sleep lately.

Congrats to you.
Got a 3 year old and a newborn, I can’t even imagine having twins. Good luck to you, my man.

It’s just more motivation. My twins sleep schedule was all over the place. We figured out we would get more sleep if we slept n separate rooms. I was sleeping In one room with one and my wife in a room with the other and the nighttime routine of Getting 12 bottles ready with 2 different formulas. You bet your **** I needed to hear it gets better. The diapers!! The **** diapers!!! Not to mention they were under weight so even if they slept we had to wake them up to feed.
Sounds like tons of fun. I remember buying huge boxes of diapers at a discount store. It seemed like I was there every other day. We’ve been working our way through 16, so far, grandchildren with the latest two still in diapers. I will say, it is much better with grandkids because you get to go home and leave them to torture your kids.

So far, the most fun I’ve had is telling our kids that they are much better parents than us because I like thier kids much more than I do ours. Timing the drop of the second part of that is crucial.

Never ceases to amaze me these idiots actually think there are entertaining things to do up there.

Gainesville is stunning for its blandness. It is inland, so there are no nearby beaches. There are a couple of rivers where you can go tubing. The closest nearby "thing" is Payne's Prairie. You've got nearby Santa Fe Community College students all acting like they got accepted to UF. The buildings are boring, the roads are boring, the restaurants are boring, the stores and movie theaters are boring. I spent 11 months living there and it was a torture. I figured out the 2 good restaurants in town in the first week.

You have to understand that some of the "fondest memories" for most Gator alums are bars and restaurants that no longer exist, like the Purple Porpoise, Skeeters, and Burrito Brothers. Alachua County has the largest per capita concentration of doctors in Florida, so the entire county is made up of (a) students, (b) retirees, (c) UF/Santa Fe employees, or (d) employees of stores and restaurants serving UF/Santa Fe students.

Donald Trump was wrong to call African nations "****holes", and there would have been no controversy if he had used that term for Gainesville and Tallahassee.

Advertisement
Back