Tears Gator Tears

Most satisfying thing is how badly this team is being used as leverage. It’s the perfect formula for every available coach. A delusional fan base that inexplicably views their tradition as rich as Notre Dame, a profitable athletic department. Frost is going to be able to squeeze every dime out of Nebraska, because Florida can pay, and their fans/boosters feel they have to win, when, in actuality, who would take that job right now? I’m not only talking about their garbage roster because that can be fixed, but how many other schools have tried everything they could to not pay a coach they fired. I would be Leery of any institution that does not want to honor contracts

Oh, and they had jerseys that looked like alligator skin

You raise great points. Having to deal with that fan base and controlling administration is bad. How much of their hiring issue do you think can be attributed to that and how much to them not paying McEltooth the buyout they owed him?

I just don't see Frost going to UF. I think he'll be successful wherever he goes. Problem for UF was firing McElwain given the modicum of success he had, despite the fact that everyone knew he was out of his league over there. Two division titles in your first two seasons should've bought him a 4th year at UF. The school the way they fired him and trying to weasel out of paying McElwain's buyout was rather telling and many candidates are going to see that. The SEC is starting to become a barren landscape for coaching careers. Malzhan is the only other coach that can survive, and he's on the hot seat every single year, despite him bringing his team to a national title appearance and in their 2nd SEC title game appearance since he took over in 2012.

Advertisement
DD104537-4A5E-40B6-9821-65129A543017.jpg

Most satisfying thing is how badly this team is being used as leverage. It’s the perfect formula for every available coach. A delusional fan base that inexplicably views their tradition as rich as Notre Dame, a profitable athletic department. Frost is going to be able to squeeze every dime out of Nebraska, because Florida can pay, and their fans/boosters feel they have to win, when, in actuality, who would take that job right now? I’m not only talking about their garbage roster because that can be fixed, but how many other schools have tried everything they could to not pay a coach they fired. I would be Leery of any institution that does not want to honor contracts

You raise great points. Having to deal with that fan base and controlling administration is bad. How much of their hiring issue do you think can be attributed to that and how much to them not paying McEltooth the buyout they owed him?

I just don't see Frost going to UF. I think he'll be successful wherever he goes. Problem for UF was firing McElwain given the modicum of success he had, despite the fact that everyone knew he was out of his league over there. Two division titles in your first two seasons should've bought him a 4th year at UF. The school the way they fired him and trying to weasel out of paying McElwain's buyout was rather telling and many candidates are going to see that. The SEC is starting to become a barren landscape for coaching careers. Malzhan is the only other coach that can survive, and he's on the hot seat every single year, despite him bringing his team to a national title appearance and in their 2nd SEC title game appearance since he took over in 2012.

You have to think with someone like Frost, his offence works better in the Big 10 than in the SEC.

As overrated as the SEC is, they still recruit the lion's share of the best Dlinemen in the country and actually play defence. For a misdirection, finesse offence like Frost runs that's a death sentence.

Over in the Big 10, speed still kills.

I do think that's factored into his decision. It must be.

Advertisement
Not being biased but frost would kill his career by going to UF. That's. 3 to 4 years rebuild. They will tolerate 8 to 9 wins a year while rebuilding, but if he goes 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 any combination of those records his first two years, they'll be calling for himself head.

They are an unrealistic bunch.

You have to think with someone like Frost, his offence works better in the Big 10 than in the SEC.

As overrated as the SEC is, they still recruit the lion's share of the best Dlinemen in the country and actually play defence. For a misdirection, finesse offence like Frost runs that's a death sentence.

I love that we have a British Cane on the board. How do you stream games over there...can you do it on watch ESPN?

I love that we have a British Cane on the board. How do you stream games over there...can you do it on watch ESPN?

They show College Football on BT Sport (noon game, 3.30pm game and the game of the day) - the Canes are always good for a game or two every season.

I pay extra for ESPN Player to watch the Canes online every week.

We are playing for the ACC title and Gator Tears is the hottest thread on the Internet. What a great year.

Advertisement
There are so many tears hitting from so many different directions,
I don't know what to do...

Capture+_2017-11-26-12-04-23.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-26-12-05-00.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-26-12-05-48.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-26-12-06-12.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-26-12-06-24.jpg
Capture+_2017-11-26-12-06-44.jpg

Last edited:
LOL at them thinking that Kelly committed to them on Sunday. It literally was reported that he would be meeting with UCLA on Monday. That should've been their sign right there.

Just saw a report from the Score: Florida targeting Dan Mullen.
Must have swung and missed on Frost.

Pretty sure Frost is going to Nebraska. He's a hero there.
Mullen going to UF will be a decent hire, but the problem UF is going to have is forcing a staff on an established coach. That's a deal breaker in most cases. Don't know why they are so enthralled w Shannon, but forcing a coach to keep someone is just stupid in the short and long term relationship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back