- Joined
- Sep 16, 2024
- Messages
- 596
If it’s a tear look for him to miss at least 7-8 weeks. That’s not an injury you gamble with. Legit requires near immobility to heal and then needs to be reconditioned to regain confidence.
If it was that serious, I think there’d be some leaks to reset expectations for this year.If it’s a tear look for him to miss at least 7-8 weeks. That’s not an injury you gamble with. Legit requires near immobility to heal and then needs to be reconditioned to regain confidence.
And he’d be in more than a bootIf it was that serious, I think there’d be some leaks to reset expectations for this year.
I dunno. There's been some athletes rushing back from or getting bad advice with lower leg injuries that lead to achilles injuries. KD, Dame, Halli, Rodgers, Phillips. I think it's part in parcel the athlete saying they are fine and playing through what they feel is just a little annoying pain. If he has a tear or strain I think you have to be super careful how you release the information and even work through the rehab. Lot of underlying risk there.If it was that serious, I think there’d be some leaks to reset expectations for this year.
I dunno. There's been some athletes rushing back from or getting bad advice with lower leg injuries that lead to achilles injuries. KD, Dame, Halli, Rodgers, Phillips. I think it's part in parcel the athlete saying they are fine and playing through what they feel is just a little annoying pain. If he has a tear or strain I think you have to be super careful how you release the information and even work through the rehab. Lot of underlying risk there.
Very true.
And though I initially posted some "medical info" just to provide context on what this injury might entail, I also don't want to speculate too much.
The two key issues are that Florida has been vague and/or evasive about this subject, and that Lagway continues to be questionable for practice (and eventually games).
On the first point, Florida went to lengths to declare Lagway a "full go", and since that time his injury has been discussed as two different things, if it has been discussed at all.
And on the second point, I'm not really worried about when he will play again. But it is unavoidable that he is missing practice time at a point where Florida lost its two most productive receivers to the NFL draft and are restocking with Portal WRs. And on a slightly more grim note, when Lagway is inserted into the actual games, both he and the opposing defenses will be aware of all these issues, potentially giving rise to reinjury or new injuries.
So, yeah...not exactly great news for The Gator.
![]()
How bad is a calf strain? Never had one
Considering all the Achilles tears in the NBA following calf strains, I think the entire sports world is playing it safe with this issue.How bad is a calf strain? Never had one
Considering all the Achilles tears in the NBA following calf strains, I think the entire sports world is playing it safe with this issue.
How bad is a calf strain? Never had one
Even worse, it was supposed to be a fun run...
I agree. I don’t think it’s that badIf it was that serious, I think there’d be some leaks to reset expectations for this year.
It wouldn’t require more than a boot. The boot would actually just prevent you from forgetting it’s injured. It’s easy to get more injured with that type of injury by running or jumping.And he’d be in more than a boot
How bad is a calf strain? Never had one
Considering all the Achilles tears in the NBA following calf strains, I think the entire sports world is playing it safe with this issue.