Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Rashada drew Judge Casey Rodgers in the NDFL. She’s a darling of the Plaintiffs bar. He will do just fine.
Bring the pain Jaden.

Classic text book example of the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Friend Office GIF by Leroy Patterson

If UF fires Sling Blade for “cause” and tried to renege on the payout, guess what his next move is?

Suing the university - and then all the dirty laundry comes out unless they settle, and I don’t think Sling Blade and his agent/lawyers will settle for anything less than around 80% or more of the original buyout. It could get very, very dirty and very very bad very quickly, unless UF caves and pays this hicktard his money.

You or someone else let me know if this is a reasonable possible future scenario.

With all these lawsuits, you could probably just cut out the middleman and have UF pay Jaden Rashada directly...

I listened to the Miami 247 podcast the other day and they had Johnny Jerkoff or whatever his name is from the UF 247 page as a guest. I thought only their fans were delusional but their media is downright ridiculous. First, this dude says the talent level has been significantly raised in Gainesville and this is their best team in years. Then he says they could easily go 7-6 or 8-4. Then, after taking a huge drag from his crack pipe, he says “with their schedule, an 8-4 gator team should get a look from the playoff committee”.

I heard it too dude is bat**** crazy. The level of delusion Bob Ross spewed on there was no happy accident

Advertisement
If UF fires Sling Blade for “cause” and tried to renege on the payout, guess what his next move is?

Suing the university - and then all the dirty laundry comes out unless they settle, and I don’t think Sling Blade and his agent/lawyers will settle for anything less than around 80% or more of the original buyout. It could get very, very dirty and very very bad very quickly, unless UF caves and pays this hicktard his money.

You or someone else let me know if this is a reasonable possible future scenario.
I'm not a lawyer. UF is not named in the lawsuit.

This will be settled out of court and Billy will say he settled to not be a distraction to his team. He'll say he can't talk about it under the terms of the contract. Admitting no wrong, he can't be fired for cause.

If somehow UF got tangled into this and had to pay, but had reason to fire Billy for cause, they'd be saving money even they paid Rashada.

This will be settled out of court and Billy will say he settled to not be a distraction to his team. He'll say he can't talk about it under the terms of the contract. Admitting no wrong, he can't be fired for cause.

If somehow UF got tangled into this and had to pay, but had reason to fire Billy for cause, they'd be saving money even they paid Rashada.
Does UF need to be named in order for them to take action against Billy?

I am a lawyer.

No, you don't need to admit wrong to be fired for cause. You don't even need an actual judgment against you. If either were true were true, hardly anyone would ever be fired for cause.

No, FU does not need to get brought into the lawsuit and pay money in order to claim a termination for cause. Their name is already all over this. They will likely claim reputation harm, damage to the brand, conduct against FU standards, etc....

Ultimately, this will all depend on what's in the contract (which for HCs typically have morals clauses that cover things like committing fraud in the scope of one's job duties).

But remember, you are talking about the same school that fired the shark ****** for cause because he allegedly lied about receiving death threats at a press conference. Assuming Gapier has another terrible season, why wouldn't they fire him for cause for lying to a recruit about benefits provided as an enticement to commit?

I am a lawyer.

No, you don't need to admit wrong to be fired for cause. You don't even need an actual judgment against you. If either were true were true, hardly anyone would ever be fired for cause.

No, FU does not need to get brought into the lawsuit and pay money in order to claim a termination for cause. Their name is already all over this. They will likely claim reputation harm, damage to the brand, conduct against FU standards, etc....

Ultimately, this will all depend on what's in the contract (which for HCs typically have morals clauses that cover things like committing fraud in the scope of one's job duties).

But remember, you are talking about the same school that fired the shark ****** for cause because he allegedly lied about receiving death threats at a press conference. Assuming Gapier has another terrible season, why wouldn't they fire him for cause for lying to a recruit about benefits provided as an enticement to commit?
So is there a burden of proof provision needed? In a he said-he said situation without discovery that results in a settlement, how can one be terminated for cause based on an allegation?

Advertisement
I am a lawyer.

I too am not a lawyer but I am wearing a tweed blazer with elbow patches so I concur.

So is there a burden of proof provision needed? In a he said-he said situation without discovery that results in a settlement, how can one be terminated for cause based on an allegation?

That would largely depend on the contract. But, again, this assumption that there needs to be a lawsuit is silly sauce. Florida is an at-will employment state.

Lawsuit concludes via settlement. Employer decides they'd like to "investigate" termination for cause. Employer conducts its own "investigation" of the incident. Now either: (1) Employee fails to comply (usually triggers cause); or (2) Employer finds merit to the allegations (usually triggers cause).

Voila!

I am a lawyer.

I understand. Thanks.

If UF fires Billy, I'd think they would have reached some type of settlement as Billy would sue UF if he got nothing and no actual proof of wrong doing. I understand UF would just fire for cause and not pay, but for the $30M-$40M, Billy wouldn't go quietly. I know I wouldn't.

Advertisement
Does UF need to be named in order for them to take action against Billy?
Of course not. My wording was confusing. What I was saying is that even if UF wound up paying Rashada for some wild reason, they'd still be saving money by not paying Billy. Obviously, they save even more by not paying Rashada or G5 Billy.

UF is not a named party, but UF could reach out to Rashada's lawyer and say, "We'll pay Billy's $1M alleged promise. Just give us what you have on him."

I understand. Thanks.

If UF fires Billy, I'd think they would have reached some type of settlement as Billy would sue UF if he got nothing and no actual proof of wrong doing. I understand UF would just fire for cause and not pay, but for the $30M-$40M, Billy wouldn't go quietly. I know I wouldn't.

Assuming FU ends up trying to fire Billy at year's end, and assuming nothing crazy (in either party's favor) comes out in the lawsuit, chances are they settle on a number well below the buyout amount but way above zero.

If neither side is ultimately happy with the number, it's probably a good settlement.

Advertisement
the on3 podcast discussing the Rashada incident all but put the blame on UM and Ruiz. Specifically, singled out Ruiz with his loud tweets and welcoming players through lifewallet as the reason for the Rashada incident, not that it was mismanaged on the end of Hathcock or the Gator Collective. Completely absurd.
Has nothing to do with them lying to him to get him to flip 😂

Advertisement
Back