Tears Gator Tears

UF was a losing football team last year with a generational kid who is going to go in the top 5 of the draft with a first round OG protecting him. They were your two best players and they are gone. You also lost Shorter at WR.

You QB room is a gaping pile of **** that every Gator fan is ripping Billy for.

With 40% of your 2023 OL suddenly starting for Riley and USC in September, and the best guy you brought in, Mazzccua injured, you have real line issues. Starting OG Gouraige is gone too.You added George from Bama but he wasn't good there. Do you have any returning starters back on OL? Is it zero or one? You even lost Braun to SEC rival Arkansas and Mugharbil to Colorado. He's not good but you would have used him this year.

Most of your best defenders are gone from the 2022 team (Dexter, Miller, Cox, Dean, Torrence, even Burney who sucks but would start this year) and Jalen Lee decamped to LSU. So you lost your starting safeties to the draft AND three back ups to the portal (Missouri, Pitt, Temple). Seven total DB's portaled out. Some pushed, some not.

Am I missing any?

You were ranked #18 in the transfer rankings last year and #17 this year, so its not exactly like the calvary is coming.

And then we go from there.

I would really like to know what you see. Based on your current roster, what you lost to the draft, graduation, and the portal, what you brought in, your QB situation, and what you saw last night, can you give me your honest (really, bro) guess as to how your season goes? I see no way in **** this team is nearly as good as it was last year, let alone improved. If you went 6-7 last year what do you see for 2023?

Simple answer....the D will be better. The offense will look different and may or may not take a step back, but the D will be vastly improved.

1. AR wasn't our best player last year. The most talented? Yes. Best? No. That would go to the Torrence along with our 2 headed RETURNING monsters at RB Trell and Trev.

2. OL has been muddied by injuries this camp so i'm not worried about their performance last night. Our starting (projected) 5 didn't even play together so there goes that. Will they be like they were last year? A little bit of drop off but won't be that much of a difference. Sale is a very good OL coach so i'm not worried about there.

3. WR position will be the same if not better as the season goes on. Got more speed and athleticism coming in with the freshmen class. TE room got more athletic but just lacks game experience and I expect Arli$$ to emerge as the season goes on as our best receiving threat in the TE room.

4. DL will be better just off the strength of having more DEPTH at the DT position.

5. LB's will be something to watch but we'll be more athletic there as well. Losing Ventrell hurts no matter how you slice it and Wingo not being available during the spring doesn't help either. Shamar James going to take a leap this year. How big (and effective) of a leap remains to be seen.

6. Corners will be fine. With Moore being back healthy in the fall, him and J Marsh will man the corners. I mean that's what I would prefer to be the starters but they may, once again, try and shoehorn Jayden Hill as a starter opposite Marsh and i'm not a fan of it but whatever.

7. Safety will be better as well. We just sent 2 safeties to the draft (who'll be undrafted btw imo) who ran 4.7's at the combine AND Pro Day. Had Rashad Torrence came back, he was getting his spot taken anyways by Miguel Mitchell who Corey Raymond loves. Kamari gotta show me something cause last year he looked slower than expected and not as physical as expected.

8. Special teams.....that was an underrated undoing of us last year. We STILL don't have a reliable FG kicker. For all the talk about QB and what we're going to do at that position, we need to be talking about what UF is going to do at kicker cause that's NOT a good spot. Special teams overall was not good.

With all that being said...6-8 win team. The 8 will come from the ball bouncing our way in a few games but I think it's a 6-7 win team and i'm realistically OK with that. This wouldn't have been a playoff contending team even IF Richardson came back

Advertisement
Simple answer....the D will be better. The offense will look different and may or may not take a step back, but the D will be vastly improved.

1. AR wasn't our best player last year. The most talented? Yes. Best? No. That would go to the Torrence along with our 2 headed RETURNING monsters at RB Trell and Trev.

2. OL has been muddied by injuries this camp so i'm not worried about their performance last night. Our starting (projected) 5 didn't even play together so there goes that. Will they be like they were last year? A little bit of drop off but won't be that much of a difference. Sale is a very good OL coach so i'm not worried about there.

3. WR position will be the same if not better as the season goes on. Got more speed and athleticism coming in with the freshmen class. TE room got more athletic but just lacks game experience and I expect Arli$$ to emerge as the season goes on as our best receiving threat in the TE room.

4. DL will be better just off the strength of having more DEPTH at the DT position.

5. LB's will be something to watch but we'll be more athletic there as well. Losing Ventrell hurts no matter how you slice it and Wingo not being available during the spring doesn't help either. Shamar James going to take a leap this year. How big (and effective) of a leap remains to be seen.

6. Corners will be fine. With Moore being back healthy in the fall, him and J Marsh will man the corners. I mean that's what I would prefer to be the starters but they may, once again, try and shoehorn Jayden Hill as a starter opposite Marsh and i'm not a fan of it but whatever.

7. Safety will be better as well. We just sent 2 safeties to the draft (who'll be undrafted btw imo) who ran 4.7's at the combine AND Pro Day. Had Rashad Torrence came back, he was getting his spot taken anyways by Miguel Mitchell who Corey Raymond loves. Kamari gotta show me something cause last year he looked slower than expected and not as physical as expected.

8. Special teams.....that was an underrated undoing of us last year. We STILL don't have a reliable FG kicker. For all the talk about QB and what we're going to do at that position, we need to be talking about what UF is going to do at kicker cause that's NOT a good spot. Special teams overall was not good.

With all that being said...6-8 win team. The 8 will come from the ball bouncing our way in a few games but I think it's a 6-7 win team and i'm realistically OK with that. This wouldn't have been a playoff contending team even IF Richardson came back
Defense will be better after losing your best DT and LB?

Maaaaan………you’re gonna be in for a LONG season after what I saw in that spring game

Advertisement
Advertisement

Well, I'll just thank you for taking the time. :)

200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

Your OL isn’t close to last year and QBs are atrocious.

Advertisement
Back