Tears Gator Tears

****, that recruiting class may have signed, but they aren't trusting the promises. Even if the NCAA doesnt allow them out of their NLI, they gonna have unhappy discontented players.
Yep…. Webb basically telling them you better not just find money for Rashada! Denson and some of those guys were sold a bunch of lies. If the gaytors do come up with Rashada’s money there will be a bunch of players looking for theirs! It’s obvious the Money isn’t there.

Advertisement
One of two things are gonna happen moving forward with the gators.

They get in the NIL game or they stand pat and it screws them badly with recruiting.
Problem is apparently they don't have any single booster with deep enough pockets and the conviction that NIL is the game they want to play. The simple fact that they reneged on the "initial payment" to Rashada is all you need to know. The Gator Collective is simply a pass through with the guy in charge of that entity taking a "management fee" for his contract work ... and the $$$ come from boosters who don't like the game. Very entertaining to watch this particularly obnoxious group of fans watch as the game passes them by. Would love to see Rashada enroll at Arizona State or some such school and then play the Gators in an early December bowl game.

Problem is apparently they don't have any single booster with deep enough pockets and the conviction that NIL is the game they want to play. The simple fact that they reneged on the "initial payment" to Rashada is all you need to know. The Gator Collective is simply a pass through with the guy in charge of that entity taking a "management fee" for his contract work ... and the $$$ come from boosters who don't like the game. Very entertaining to watch this particularly obnoxious group of fans watch as the game passes them by. Would love to see Rashada enroll at Arizona State or some such school and then play the Gators in an early December bowl game.
Sounds like the crazy haired Gator Guard money guy was put on the spot to cover the GC's promises and he told them to **** off.

Sounds like the crazy haired Gator Guard money guy was put on the spot to cover the GC's promises and he told them to **** off.
The way Pate described the situation is that 'apparently' the Gator Guard initially pledged the $$$ and the Gator Collective went ahead and negotiated the contract with Rashada, and, time came to pay and the Gator Guard decided not to honor the pledge. No idea if that is correct ... just that Pate said "it is a bit complicated and a mess and they are trying to clear it up ... but not looking good".

Advertisement
Great legal assessment.
Civil case is all about damages and that equates to what others were willing to pay. If Rashada turned down offer A because of offer B, and offer B fails to materialize he has a claim. It‘s not an easy claim because he didn’t have to accept offer B and there is some caveat emptor (buyer beware) defense.

But think about how that would work publicly. UF would have to argue that it was Rashada’s fault for believing UF’s offer was legit.
Can you imagine a worse argument to make for public perception, even if it did work in court?
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

***** mad funny. We all open to NIL opps, hit me up too 💀💀
I need a panhandler gif with their recruits’ faces on it.

Rashada saw his future there and passed.

67F5057F-0D99-4D87-BC20-4D7C5FA6EAE8.gif

Advertisement
The way Pate described the situation is that 'apparently' the Gator Guard initially pledged the $$$ and the Gator Collective went ahead and negotiated the contract with Rashada, and, time came to pay and the Gator Guard decided not to honor the pledge. No idea if that is correct ... just that Pate said "it is a bit complicated and a mess and they are trying to clear it up ... but not looking good".
this is the way one of their posters explained it too.

He also named the "big booster" that each sport was dependent on for the lion's share of contributions.....

***** mad funny. We all open to NIL opps, hit me up too 💀💀
I've concluded that few of these players have the first clue how to market themselves. The ones that are good players have people searching for their socials, contact, etc. The script writes itself. But for a middling jag? It's public begging, and a bit cringe.

It’s getting worse for them. So sad. The Athletic just kills them here with this timeline

a couple of lowlights:
0F4A59C3-0E42-468D-82A0-EC6AC9377079.jpeg

9F7A3586-4AE4-48A4-BC68-57A3E446CBF5.jpeg

0BD6322C-37F8-476C-980D-1B9765E50BB9.jpeg

when you have reached the ”alignment” moment only two things you can really do… call Kirk herbstreit or go fight at a Waffle House

Advertisement
It’s getting worse for them. So sad. The Athletic just kills them here with this timeline

a couple of lowlights:
View attachment 224643

View attachment 224644
View attachment 224646

when you have reached the ”alignment” moment only two things you can really do… call Kirk herbstreit or go fight at a Waffle House
Rashada’s position has to be for what you are offering now I would’ve stayed at miami. Now they won’t pay me and take me.

Rashada’s position has to be for what you are offering now I would’ve stayed at miami. Now they won’t pay me and take me.

Those Gaytor mo-fos are tryin' to get away with a bait-and-switch, giving the Rashadas the original mid-7-figure deal that they signed with Miami...

And make no mistake, the OLD Gaytor offer was already better than what Miami was offering. The Gaytors had to negotiate against themselves and give a few extra millions to the Rashadas, just to get them to hold their noses and sign with Florida.

Advertisement
I think what has everyone frustrated, though, is that the NILs aren't actually about advertising. The Rock gets paid for his name, image, and likeness when a company actually uses one or more of those things. These offers to high school kids are just payments to come play for that school.
No, they're advertising. It's just that the endorsement opportunities are much higher in a market like New York playing for the Yankees than for Minneapolis playing for the Twins. Unless of course you're a transcendent athlete like Michael Jorden.

Similarly, the NIL opportunities are greater at USCw or a top rung program like Bama than a clusterfvck like Florida.

Advise to any big time recruit considering UFag....Find out how much NIL is promised already and ask to see the UF bank account. If the 2 don't match, come to Miami!!

Those Gaytor mo-fos are tryin' to get away with a bait-and-switch, giving the Rashadas the original mid-7-figure deal that they signed with Miami...

And make no mistake, the OLD Gaytor offer was already better than what Miami was offering. The Gaytors had to negotiate against themselves and give a few extra millions to the Rashadas, just to get them to hold their noses and sign with Florida.
Bait & Switch is exactly what it amounts to. No way he stays there. I don’t blame him. Let’s see if these idiots are really stupid and try to hold him to the letter he signed.

Advertisement
Back