Tears Gator Tears

Cliffs:

This is not a Rashada issue, Pate has someone close to the situation and he will release more details when he can which is when this thing is decided one way or another which he understands is Friday however the school could potentially roll it to Monday, either way it will be soon.

Also said this is not a Napier issue then gave this analogy:

If we agree for you to paint my house at a specific price, and when the time for payment comes and it does not, are you still going to paint my house?

He said that is what is going on here. He got blasted back in June for saying UF did not have the infrastructure of Miami or UGA to compete so they either needed to lower their expectations to be a mid program or get their act together. Then when recruiting picked up after that he assumed it was fixed but now what is clear is people pledged money but pledging is not the same as spending. So you have UF understanding they have X amount of dollars (he quickly backtracked on it coming directly from UF) to buy players, they go out and make deals, then the money never comes and some UF "boosters" think it is below them to buy HS athletes. He concludes by saying that is fine, I am not telling you how to spend your money, unless you want to be good in football then I am telling you how to spend your money and you need to buy players lol

Advertisement
Screenshot_20230113-081110.png

These guys are too dumb... Make NIL based on college credit? They still don't understand that NIL is completely outside of the scope of the NCAA and their school. 😂😂😂

Lots of Gator tears gold in this thread by the way.

Advertisement
I think many are exaggerating the amount of money these kids are getting , I don’t care if you’re the number one recruit no way in **** they are getting millions of dollars just to sign.
been saying the same **** this entire time especially about rashada. No way he is getting close to the amounts people are throwing around.

I saw on their board that he ripped them.
He did. But also supported Rashada’s position. 247 is all out shaming UF so they come up with the money promised. It reminded me of Herbstreit’s diatribe about Miami - we all know what that did. Supposedly UF can “stretch” the enrollment to Monday somehow. 247 WANTS Rashada at UF.

Advertisement
An imaginary football power giving imaginary money to a top recruit. Next season they will be imagining their losses as wins.

Orwellian doublethink at its absolute brutal conclusion. Two plus two can and must equal five, and a 0-53 loss to Georgia becomes a 53-0 win.

I think many are exaggerating the amount of money these kids are getting , I don’t care if you’re the number one recruit no way in **** they are getting millions of dollars just to sign.
Some are ... not many ... but in this particular case Rashada was offered a 7 figure deal over 5 years at UM and the Gators, in a state of panic, moved the bar to a crazy 8 figure deal ($10 million over 4 years including a $1.5 million up front payment before he enrolled). This is ALL on the UF AD for not having ensured that the NIL programs that the school is supported by are actually grounded in solid finance ... i.e., funded.

This entire issue was created by the Gator Guard, a group of wealthy donors who, all pumped up and indignant, wanted to "get Rashada back from UM" and they pledged the funds. When time came to PAY they then apparently decided that "that is way too much money to give some kid who is still in high school and never played a snap of college ball", and they didn't honor their pledge. Now UF is trying damage control, not so much to land Rashada, but to salvage their name, image, and likeness!! Could not have happened to a better group.

He did. But also supported Rashada’s position. 247 is all out shaming UF so they come up with the money promised. It reminded me of Herbstreit’s diatribe about Miami - we all know what that did. Supposedly UF can “stretch” the enrollment to Monday somehow. 247 WANTS Rashada at UF.
This was my thought.... if Pate is correct a lot of Boosters do not want to pay a HS kid as they feel above it, then all this bad publicity is going to get people moving just to stop the narrative.

Advertisement
I’d prefer him not there but even if he goes there, it’s all bad for them. Those boosters won’t pledge money again for this stuff, recruits have seen that the gator can’t be trusted to honor an NIL deal with certainty, there’s going to be a weird vibe in the locker room with Rashada and staff after this… it’s all bad for them.

And regardless of Monday, I’d be shocked if he went there. I don’t think he really wants to be there but they offered stupid money and at this point his options are much less as I don’t see us giving him the deal he had… or anything really. If the facts are as they appear, I do think he could sue the GC for breach and at a minimum get the difference between what someone pays him now and the Miami deal he had - if not the gator deal.

Advertisement
View attachment 224629
These guys are too dumb... Make NIL based on college credit? They still don't understand that NIL is completely outside of the scope of the NCAA and their school. 😂😂😂

Lots of Gator tears gold in this thread by the way.

Can you blame them though? They have been conditioned to the SEC bag game for years.

Advertisement
Back