Tears Gator Tears

****, you took my points and improved them with a rock-solid foundation. Very nice.

Yeah, I think that Florida is in an untenable position here, and their only trump card is "but we control whether you can enroll and play THIS semester". And for a kid who might want a shot at true-freshman playing time, spring practice is BIG. Not to mention...the time value of NIL money...

I think it was a famous (former) Gainesville resident who once said...

The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
Did you just Tom Petty the gator?

Advertisement
Did you just Tom Petty the gator?

1673561664476.jpeg

1673561676609.jpeg

All right now you legal whizbangs, does promissory estoppel have any role here. In other words, the promise of Florida prevented him, or caused him, to give up the other thing in Miami.
I think we’d need to know exactly what was said and accepted and the mindsets and conditions but on its surface, yeah, if he signed a Miami deal and walked because they promised more and he accepted the terms. That’s the rub here though. What were the terms - like was there a meeting of the minds on up front money and the gator straight up welched on it??? That would be problematic.

I think we’d need to know exactly what was said and accepted and the mindsets and conditions but on its surface, yeah, if he signed a Miami deal and walked because they promised more and he accepted the terms. That’s the rub here though. What we’re the terms - like was there a meeting of the minds on up front money and the gator straight up welched on it??? That would be problematic.

More importantly, would the Gaytors have a strong case for arguing that Eddie was too drunk to enter into a legally binding contract?

Advertisement
So did Rashada show up at Gainesville this week or last and then leave? Dude probably got there and the reality of living in Hogtown set in and he was like yeah I’m good and kept driving.

View attachment 224551

Jaden was in Orlando for the all-star game. As he was heading up I-75 and just getting to Ocala, he rolled down his windows and could smell Gainesville. Jaden immediately pulled into the Wawa at Exit 352 and turned his car around.

Advertisement
Whatever happens, and this is what is so glorious about this, it’s all going to end up being a huge ****show. If they work something out, and Rashada enrolls, you started off the relationship on a horrible step, there is no trust, and it’s already out there in the public domain that whatever the turds promise, you have to keep them on their toes and fight them just to get what is owed.

So the first scenario is only slightly better than the second scenario, which is he bolts. In which case, what is already a national story becomes real fodder for competitors, and a cautionary tale about not doing business with these local backwater hillbillies.

****, you took my points and improved them with a rock-solid foundation. Very nice.

Yeah, I think that Florida is in an untenable position here, and their only trump card is "but we control whether you can enroll and play THIS semester". And for a kid who might want a shot at true-freshman playing time, spring practice is BIG. Not to mention...the time value of NIL money...

I think it was a famous (former) Gainesville resident who once said...

Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
And the hard part about the position UF can take about enrolling goes back to the point we made about defending the lawsuit. A winning legal position is sometimes a losing public perception position. it certainly won;t look good to future recruits that UF refused to let a kid out of his LOI when UF also did not follow thru on the NIL contract.
UF is stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place unless they miraculously find the NIL money they promised.

Advertisement
he's going to end up at a lower tier power 5 program with 1/50 or 1/100th of the NIL deal because of this

he'll portal in 1 year (to a bigger program or even worse one depending on his play) and then he'll be a JAG for the rest of his career

Advertisement
Jaden was in Orlando for the all-star game. As he was heading up I-75 and just getting to Ocala, he rolled down his windows and could smell Gainesville. Jaden immediately pulled into the Wawa at Exit 352 and turned his car around.
Is that middle exit of the three dedicated to that metropolis?

I have to post it again. Florida risks turning this into a violation. They're breaking the only rule the NCAA has with NIL.

I mean.. Their writers are openly saying its a NIL issue, then immediately follow up with "Florida and the Rashada family have moved closer to a resolution."

They're making it pretty clear that he's negotiating with the university, which is the one thing they can't do.

I would love to see them get charged with a major recruiting violation over the Rashada nonsense. Perfect ending to that ****show.
Explosion Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back