Tears Gator Tears

Well if them man start outbidding themselves i totally thought it was plausible. Even with Malik they did that. But im starting to look at it like they thought they could pull a fast one like they doing to Rashada. Offer insane money then think they dont have to pay after they sign the LOI. Thats a crooked game and very long term damaging.
That’s why this fiasco is so great. Not so much they lose Rashada but the optics are really bad and could hurt them going forward.
What recruit is going to trust thier NIL promises now?

Advertisement
Prosecutors? This isn't a criminal case.

It would be a civil case between the Rashadas and UiF.

Again, if the lawsuit is over HOW THE NON-RELEASE FROM AN LOI has damaged Jaden's ability to enroll elsewhere and get an NIL deal, then the only relevance of other offers is to establish that Jaden has damages, i.e., that the non-release (after non-payment) constitutes a restriction on his ability to enroll elsewhere, play football, and earn NIL money.

The "what were the terms" question is IRRELEVANT as to the issue of non-release from the LOI. That's strictly a UiF issue, and anything else has no bearing on the case.

You're bringing up a bunch of other bull****, like "talk shows" and "books" that have no bearing on an actual lawsuit that would be filed over the failure to grant an LOI release.
Great legal assessment.
Civil case is all about damages and that equates to what others were willing to pay. If Rashada turned down offer A because of offer B, and offer B fails to materialize he has a claim. It‘s not an easy claim because he didn’t have to accept offer B and there is some caveat emptor (buyer beware) defense.

But think about how that would work publicly. UF would have to argue that it was Rashada’s fault for believing UF’s offer was legit.
Can you imagine a worse argument to make for public perception, even if it did work in court?

Miami made a 7-figure offer. Florida made an 8-figure offer.

Allow me to do my impression of a Gaytor fan:

"This is going to tear their locker room apart, they are going to be next Texas A&M..."
More proof Billy and the GC are playing chess, not checkers. What tears a locker room apart in their mind? Large pay discrepancies. Can't have a pay discrepancy if you're not paying

I went with feverishly *********ing as I rolled around on the floor laughing

B7B9C1A4-59B7-4DE4-9904-7FE84DB3222F.gif

Advertisement
Prosecutors? This isn't a criminal case.

It would be a civil case between the Rashadas and UiF.

Again, if the lawsuit is over HOW THE NON-RELEASE FROM AN LOI has damaged Jaden's ability to enroll elsewhere and get an NIL deal, then the only relevance of other offers is to establish that Jaden has damages, i.e., that the non-release (after non-payment) constitutes a restriction on his ability to enroll elsewhere, play football, and earn NIL money.

The "what were the terms" question is IRRELEVANT as to the issue of non-release from the LOI. That's strictly a UiF issue, and anything else has no bearing on the case.

You're bringing up a bunch of other bull****, like "talk shows" and "books" that have no bearing on an actual lawsuit that would be filed over the failure to grant an LOI release.
They’ve got to be 100% triple down morons if they don’t release him if that’s what he wants.

Advertisement
Yeah but careful what you wish for. You know the very next question will be, "Have any other schools made similar offers similar to UF?" You don't think dad Rashada will be like "Yeah we originally agreed to UM's offer, but then UF came back with a better one"?
He agreed to a NIL endorsement deal with Life Wallet, not Miami. Then he did not honor his contract and it was voided.

Great legal assessment.
Civil case is all about damages and that equates to what others were willing to pay. If Rashada turned down offer A because of offer B, and offer B fails to materialize he has a claim. It‘s not an easy claim because he didn’t have to accept offer B and there is some caveat emptor (buyer beware) defense.

But think about how that would work publicly. UF would have to argue that it was Rashada’s fault for believing UF’s offer was legit.
Can you imagine a worse argument to make for public perception, even if it did work in court?

****, you took my points and improved them with a rock-solid foundation. Very nice.

Yeah, I think that Florida is in an untenable position here, and their only trump card is "but we control whether you can enroll and play THIS semester". And for a kid who might want a shot at true-freshman playing time, spring practice is BIG. Not to mention...the time value of NIL money...

I think it was a famous (former) Gainesville resident who once said...

The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part
Every day you get one more yard
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The wai-ai-ting is the hardest part

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tbh Mario was about over all of this before he committed to UM. Dealing with their camp had Miami prepared to walk away a month or two before he popped.
So Cribby, sounds like there would be no way Mario would take him back, correct?
Thanks,

Advertisement
Back