Tears Gator Tears

Anyone that can post over there please ask them what Ruiz has done?

They need a hard look in the mirror and realize that Miami and Ruiz has done this right the whole way

Advertisement
No, they're advertising. It's just that the endorsement opportunities are much higher in a market like New York playing for the Yankees than for Minneapolis playing for the Twins. Unless of course you're a transcendent athlete like Michael Jorden.

Similarly, the NIL opportunities are greater at USCw or a top rung program like Bama than a clusterfvck like Florida.

Well, they might be doing a little advertising just to make it technically legitimate, but the people paying for the "advertising" aren't expecting more sales by having the 18 year old appear in a commercial. This is pay for play under the guise of Name, Image, and Likeness.

Anyone that can post over there please ask them what Ruiz has done?

They need a hard look in the mirror and realize that Miami and Ruiz has done this right the whole way

Unless something changed, if VIP on another school site, you can only read others

They are so **** obsessed with Ruiz. Nothing they ever do is wrong, it's just Ruiz causing problems. They complain about him buying recruits, then beg for their collective or Hathcock to do the exact same thing. They SOOO badly want Ruiz to be a criminal so he will go to jail and away from college athletics.

I was going to commend Northern for belatedly getting into the "factually correct" business...but "technically"???

1673629809890.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think what has everyone frustrated, though, is that the NILs aren't actually about advertising. The Rock gets paid for his name, image, and likeness when a company actually uses one or more of those things. These offers to high school kids are just payments to come play for that school.
I can’t speak for the gator or other schools, but we use the players “name, image, or likeness” I’ve never seen the ads outside of searching for them, but our players actually are in Lifewallet ads

I can’t speak for the gator or other schools, but we use the players “name, image, or likeness” I’ve never seen the ads outside of searching for them, but our players actually are in Lifewallet ads

Yes, I have no doubt that Ruiz is making sure it's being done the right way. But if we're honest, he is spending that money to get better football players, not to increase Lifewallet's revenue. Having the guys appear in ads is checking off a box to keep it all legal.

They are actually openly breaking the NIL rules, every post from Jacob Rudner, or one of their other moderators makes reinforces the fact that they’re using NIL as a pay for play scheme as they use the university, athletic department and coaches, and collectives interchangeably.

Advertisement
Yes, I have no doubt that Ruiz is making sure it's being done the right way. But if we're honest, he is spending that money to get better football players, not to increase Lifewallet's revenue. Having the guys appear in ads is checking off a box to keep it all legal.

Our program is following the rules, that is all that is required.

Florida is openly not following the rules. Big difference.

Our program is following the rules, that is all that is required.

Florida is openly not following the rules. Big difference.

Absolutely. Not questioning our procedures at all.

It just all started with "a kid should be able to make money selling his jerseys or being in commercials". We all knew it would turn into the big players winking while paying for "advertising appearances". It's just a bastardization of what the intent was supposed to be.

LifeWallet is the standard for NIL. UF is obviously a train wreck and I thought TSU's was as well. Don't know if they got some actual money people (for them anyway) involved, but they appear better than the broke *** gators. I did see that USC for Caleb Williams a deal with AT&T so I assume they have their ish together out there.

Advertisement
Back