Tears Gator Tears

Animated GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some details from that Athletic Article:

the Players
-Eddie Rojas
, CEO of the Gator Collective, which he launched in August 2021. A former Florida baseball player who entered the NIL space with a crowdsourcing platform, Rojas hoped to make his alma mater known as “NIL U.”

He said of his collective in April: “I would venture to say the Gator Collective is paying more guaranteed money than any group in the country. When I write a contract, I want to make sure that we actually have the money in our account.”

-Jen Grosso, NIL coordinator for the Gator Collective. Known as “Gator Jen” to the fan base — it’s also her Twitter handle — Grosso holds finance and law degrees from the University of Florida.

-Hugh Hathcock, mega-donor who pledged $12.6 million to Florida’s athletic department in 2022. In April, he launched the Gator Guard — an assembly of wealthy donors capable of writing checks larger than the fan collective could amass in years. Hathcock said, “Players need to know if they come to the University of Florida that they’re going to have the best opportunities NIL-wise as any school in America.”

-Marcus Castro-Walker, the Gators’ director of player engagement and NIL, among the first crush of staffers hired by Napier upon becoming Florida’s head coach in December 2021.

TIMELINE:
June 7: Jaden Rashada takes an official visit to Florida.
June 9-12: Rashada joins his 7-on-7 team the Miami Immortals
June 20: Initially scheduled to reveal his commitment on June 18, Rashada postpones the announcement and schedules an official visit to Miami.
June 26: Rashada commits to Miami over Florida, LSU, Texas A&M and Ole Miss. The Gators staff had pulled its scholarship offer days earlier.
Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.
Nov. 12: Rashada attends his first game at The Swamp, where Florida clobbers South Carolina 38-6 and a capacity crowd elevates the vibe. “Everything about this felt like the right decision for Jaden,” Harlen says.
Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin.
Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.
Dec. 21: Delayed 67 minutes, Napier’s late-afternoon news conference on national signing day finally commences. Rashada’s name, initially missing from the list of signees, is added at the last minute.
Dec. 29: Rashada arrives in Orlando to begin practicing for the Under-Armour All-American game. He compliments fellow Florida signees and says he’s eager to start workouts with receivers at the indoor facility.
Dec. 30: In an interview mere days before Rashada’s scheduled enrollment, Harlen calls Napier “a leader of men” and says Jaden is “happy as I’ve ever seen him.” Harlen offers only sparse thoughts about NIL: “It’s new in the college landscape. It does impact recruiting and the game — but I think there are far more positives than negatives.
Jan. 3: Moments after the Under-Armour game at Camping World Stadium, Rashada poses for pictures with other Florida signees. He lauds Napier’s offense, saying, “I’m meant for the Florida system” and that he has gotten a head start on studying formations. The Rashadas intend to drive from Orlando to Gainesville for move-in day on Jan. 5.
Jan. 10: Sixteen early enrollees report, but Rashada is not among them, casting doubt about his future.
Jan. 11: A program source with knowledge of the entanglement says Rashada won’t be enrolling at Florida. “There’s a lot of panic. It’s like stepping on an ant pile.” There’s also the potential for litigation, hinging upon whether the November contract is binding. The collectives, according to another program source with knowledge of the situation, are offering a lesser deal to Rashada — still above seven figures — to stay at Florida, with the caveat that he release everyone from all previous claims.
Jan. 13: While this is the final deadline for students to start the spring semester, let’s not pretend the admissions office won’t grant an exception of a couple of days for an Elite 11 quarterback. Regardless, this points toward a make-or-break 11th-hour decision by Rashada — accept Florida’s counter and enroll or begin speed-dialing other FBS schools. Of course, there’s the chance that he could sacrifice spring and enroll at Florida in late May, which might crash the message boards over such extended drama.

Anyone that can post over there please ask them what Ruiz has done?

They need a hard look in the mirror and realize that Miami and Ruiz has done this right the whole way

Does anyone know the headline of the thread (and approximate page number) where that post showed up?

Lots of Rashada threads over there.

Advertisement
Some details from that Athletic Article:

the Players
-Eddie Rojas
, CEO of the Gator Collective, which he launched in August 2021. A former Florida baseball player who entered the NIL space with a crowdsourcing platform, Rojas hoped to make his alma mater known as “NIL U.”

He said of his collective in April: “I would venture to say the Gator Collective is paying more guaranteed money than any group in the country. When I write a contract, I want to make sure that we actually have the money in our account.”

-Jen Grosso, NIL coordinator for the Gator Collective. Known as “Gator Jen” to the fan base — it’s also her Twitter handle — Grosso holds finance and law degrees from the University of Florida.

-Hugh Hathcock, mega-donor who pledged $12.6 million to Florida’s athletic department in 2022. In April, he launched the Gator Guard — an assembly of wealthy donors capable of writing checks larger than the fan collective could amass in years. Hathcock said, “Players need to know if they come to the University of Florida that they’re going to have the best opportunities NIL-wise as any school in America.”

-Marcus Castro-Walker, the Gators’ director of player engagement and NIL, among the first crush of staffers hired by Napier upon becoming Florida’s head coach in December 2021.

TIMELINE:
June 7: Jaden Rashada takes an official visit to Florida.
June 9-12: Rashada joins his 7-on-7 team the Miami Immortals
June 20: Initially scheduled to reveal his commitment on June 18, Rashada postpones the announcement and schedules an official visit to Miami.
June 26: Rashada commits to Miami over Florida, LSU, Texas A&M and Ole Miss. The Gators staff had pulled its scholarship offer days earlier.
Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.
Nov. 12: Rashada attends his first game at The Swamp, where Florida clobbers South Carolina 38-6 and a capacity crowd elevates the vibe. “Everything about this felt like the right decision for Jaden,” Harlen says.
Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin.

Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.
Dec. 21: Delayed 67 minutes, Napier’s late-afternoon news conference on national signing day finally commences. Rashada’s name, initially missing from the list of signees, is added at the last minute.
Dec. 29: Rashada arrives in Orlando to begin practicing for the Under-Armour All-American game. He compliments fellow Florida signees and says he’s eager to start workouts with receivers at the indoor facility.
Dec. 30: In an interview mere days before Rashada’s scheduled enrollment, Harlen calls Napier “a leader of men” and says Jaden is “happy as I’ve ever seen him.” Harlen offers only sparse thoughts about NIL: “It’s new in the college landscape. It does impact recruiting and the game — but I think there are far more positives than negatives.
Jan. 3: Moments after the Under-Armour game at Camping World Stadium, Rashada poses for pictures with other Florida signees. He lauds Napier’s offense, saying, “I’m meant for the Florida system” and that he has gotten a head start on studying formations. The Rashadas intend to drive from Orlando to Gainesville for move-in day on Jan. 5.
Jan. 10: Sixteen early enrollees report, but Rashada is not among them, casting doubt about his future.
Jan. 11: A program source with knowledge of the entanglement says Rashada won’t be enrolling at Florida. “There’s a lot of panic. It’s like stepping on an ant pile.” There’s also the potential for litigation, hinging upon whether the November contract is binding. The collectives, according to another program source with knowledge of the situation, are offering a lesser deal to Rashada — still above seven figures — to stay at Florida, with the caveat that he release everyone from all previous claims.
Jan. 13: While this is the final deadline for students to start the spring semester, let’s not pretend the admissions office won’t grant an exception of a couple of days for an Elite 11 quarterback. Regardless, this points toward a make-or-break 11th-hour decision by Rashada — accept Florida’s counter and enroll or begin speed-dialing other FBS schools. Of course, there’s the chance that he could sacrifice spring and enroll at Florida in late May, which might crash the message boards over such extended drama.
Pretty crazy that they send a "Termination Letter" on their NIL offer on Dec. 7, the day AFTER early signing day. UF is really looking like a group of ignorant hicks.

Advertisement
OK, and I can understand that.

But what those people fail to acknowledge is that everyone, at some level, is paid for potential. If not, every contract would be backward-looking and based solely on past performance.

Again, in other sports (soccer, tennis, golf, etc.) there are teen athletes who get endorsement deals when they have not yet won tournaments or titles.

I can still acknowledge that there is some "disguised bull****" running through the current NIL system, particularly in college football. Absolutely.

But I'd also say that...it's going to be incredibly hard to draw lines, and even harder to put the genie back in the bottle. Which is essentially what would happen if any of these Gaytor "ideas" (or other ideas floating around) were enacted.

We could also view it on another level. That compensation (whether direct salary or indirect NIL) is an attempt to compensate for risk and potential injury and the possibility that a particular athletic skill may only last for a short time, or may be impaired to a level where that person is unable to continue and unable to be compensated for it at a higher level.

I see the inconsistencies. I see the hypocrisy. I'm not sure of any fantastic alternative.

By the way...for YEARS...I supported the concept of NCAA TV money and merchandise money being put into a 5-year trust fund that would then start paying out to former college athletes after they left school. That could have gone a long way towards heading off the current NIL-pocalypse.

Now? Good luck.
to say that they aren't paying for name, image, and likeness for the high school athletes is ridiculous. part of their image is tied to where they choose to continue their career and what college they choose. once they sign, who they represent becomes part of that, not vice versa.

Advertisement
Termination after ESD is straight fraud.
They honey deicked him into signing and backed off as soon as he sent his NLI.
Gators literally promised money they know they didn’t have and thought all will be well because the NLI is binding.

They just got exposed not only for that, but basically admitting that collectives are pay for play.
There is no way to justify name image and likeness of 13 million dollars for a dude that won’t generate that amount of revenue for any business in that collective.

No way you can justify that amount of money. It’s like Joe Bob’s tractor sales paying 8 million to a freshman for NIL.
They basically think as long as there is sponsorship and appearances it means you can get whatever money they want to pay.

It’s like laundering 80 million because you own a coin operated self serve car
wash.

This whole scandal is a gator self snitching debacle.
But they want to blame us.
It’s hilarious and proof of stupidity at all levels

View attachment 224629
These guys are too dumb... Make NIL based on college credit? They still don't understand that NIL is completely outside of the scope of the NCAA and their school. 😂😂😂

Lots of Gator tears gold in this thread by the way.

Those idiots!!! Trying to figure out how to control the student athlete. You can't impose any rule on NIL that doesn't apply to any ordinary student. This is what the NCAA got away with for decades until the Supreme Court ***** slapped them with their ruling.

Student athletes are the benefactors of NIL. They are NOT the problem. The collectives that are making bad contracts are the problem. They are purely pay for play with no business value and a lot of them are poorly run to flat out fraudulent 501C entities.

Last edited:
The Worst case scenario UF can have happen because of the Rashada debacle. Makes you wonder now about the sincerity of the post signing day interviews of Denson and Rashada on why they chose the gaytes over Miami. Obviously UF were poisoning them on the validity of Ruiz and Miami’s NIL promises when all along they were the Liars and Frauds!

Advertisement
Back